PDA

View Full Version : good federer/borg/mcenroe FH videos

tom-selleck
07-25-2005, 08:09 AM
http://www.ultimatebalance.com/art2_tennisone.html

pretty sure this site is trying to sell you something (in all seriousness, i didn't investigate what it is).....

but very, very good videos of borg, mcenroe and federer forehand and in-depth article, all for free without no registration required.

what i am curious about is this:

what grip is federer using on his forehand??? i thought he's between eastern and SW, but his stance is fairly open hitting this.... trying to improve my game, and always thought that western = open stance, eastern = closed stance, SW = semi-open..... is this still correct??? or, do pro's use technique differently than us? due to flexibility, amongst other things?

also, can't believe that mcenroe gets enough power from that forehand, although i know he wasn't baseliner at all.

borg video is fascinating... so solid.

tom-selleck
07-25-2005, 08:10 AM
or is federer closing up the stance for a split second before contact??? wish i could slow down the video.

Cavaleer
07-25-2005, 09:10 AM
It seems like a site worth the $14 or so that they want. Good technique information.

I thinkm Federer's FH is at least semi-western, and his stance is decidedly open, but so was Sampras' even though he had that eastern grip FH.

Thanks for the link. I might join.

Cavaleer

callitout
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
I know this is not the point of the post, but wow what a contrast of eras. Federer completely lifted off the ground hitting killer forehand with massive pace and heavy spin whereas Mcenroe is massaging the ball. In fairness to Mac, he's an old man at this stage of his life...but when you watch the connors/mcenroe classic vids you see how much less energy their balls had back in the day.

tom-selleck
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
It seems like a site worth the $14 or so that they want. Good technique information.

I thinkm Federer's FH is at least semi-western, and his stance is decidedly open, but so was Sampras' even though he had that eastern grip FH.

Thanks for the link. I might join.

Cavaleer

cavaleer, i have absolutely nothing to do with this site... in fact, i said i had no idea what they were selling (something about balance), but it's a nice FREE site.

Becky
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Well, I dunno on the information stuff.

All the information came from the TennisOne newsletter. The site just used that specific newsletter to prove that balance was so important.

TennisOne costs money to subscribe to. But the newsletter is free, so you can sign up for that anyway.

tom-selleck
07-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Well, I dunno on the information stuff.

All the information came from the TennisOne newsletter. The site just used that specific newsletter to prove that balance was so important.

TennisOne costs money to subscribe to. But the newsletter is free, so you can sign up for that anyway.

you people.. i had no idea what the site was about (other than balance), i had no idea the information was "borrowed" - legally or not, and my guess would be NOT!!!!

should i be paying my lawyer to look over my shoulder next time i post on here????...............

i will look into the free newsletter, i had no idea!!

Becky
07-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Agh, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to come off as demanding, or like some kind of secret police. I think it's happened on the last couple posts I've made actually.

I must be PMSing or something. x.X

So...not your fault.