PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: a method to speed up stringing mains.

jmpsmash
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

I have a video here that presents a method that can speed up stringing up each main by at much as 1/3. the method is very simple and only require swapping 2 steps in the weave/tension/clamp process. instead of doing weave->tension->clamp. we do weave tension->weave next->clamp.

this process requires the use of an electronics tensioner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kveRdm6UWg0

apologize in advanced as i am mainly a badminton stringer. the process should be applicable to tennis although the speed up might be different. it will be interesting if someone try this for tennis.

comments are always welcomed.

drakulie
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
This is referred to "weaving one ahead" and is widely used.

Thanks for sharing the vid.

KerryR
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I particularly appreciate the clarity with which you explain and analyze the principal. True of all your videos.

I'll give some of this a try the next time I string (tennis).

Thanks for posting!

Swissv2
03-20-2012, 10:18 AM
This is referred to "weaving one ahead" and is widely used.

Thanks for sharing the vid.

Quoted from mr. "stringing man" himself :D

Irvin
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Not quite like weaving one ahead but similar. The time saving is while you are waiting for the Wise to tension on its slowest setting (65 seconds) you are running (not weaving) in the next main.

In the one ahead method you weave in a cross string with an untensioned string between the last one tensioned and the one you are running in. If you do the crosses that way you will not save any time. If you use a one piece tennis string you will spend more time pulling the string through that it will take for your tensioner to pull but you will still save time on the mains. If you speed up your tensioner you will also save time. I do agree though that slower and longer pulls is better for your final product.