PDA

View Full Version : Head Pallets

TheLambsheadrep
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm sure many people have seen this video if they've done a search on changing Head pallets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfhKEt_4nQ

with this method, can i take off a L5 pallet from a Head racquet and replace it with a L3 pallet? if I can, is there an easier way to switch pallets than what was shown in the video?

btw, I have posted about wanting TK61 grommets for my Head racquets, does anyone have the slightest idea where I could possibly find some around to purchase?

Fuji
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Yup that's the best way to do it from home at least!

Getting pallets is difficult, if not on this forum, check the other forum and they are frequently for sale!

-Fuji

TheLambsheadrep
03-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Yup that's the best way to do it from home at least!

Getting pallets is difficult, if not on this forum, check the other forum and they are frequently for sale!

-Fuji

I have a retired racquet with an L3 pallet, so if I can bear to dissect it, I have one good to go. so the size of the pallet really doesn't matter then?

Fuji
03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
I have a retired racquet with an L3 pallet, so if I can bear to dissect it, I have one good to go. so the size of the pallet really doesn't matter then?

All good to go then! Yup, size doesn't matter. It's the best part of pallets, you can change grip size without any weird tape or special moulding done. :)

-Fuji

TheLambsheadrep
03-20-2012, 08:13 PM
fantastic! Fuji, you've done it again. and I know I've said it 100 times, but I'm going to do the TW method for measuring SW. I am home on sring break, so I actually have the time haha. I've been looking at newer and older travlerajm posts, and he has so many equations for optimization that some contradict eachother. im assuming its because he made things more accurate as time went on, but I plan on giving him examples as soon as I get all my numbers straight

Fuji
03-20-2012, 08:16 PM
I try! Haha!!! :)

I'm on spring break next week, so I hope to do the Travlerajm methods too, it's all very confusing stuff though. I look forward to trying it! :)

-Fuji

Player#1
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
That video is an absolutely terrible way to do this!!!

Here is a MUCH easier method:

Heat some water in a large cup to near boiling.

Place the racket handle in the water for a few minutes.

Take racket out and you can VERY easily remove the pallets with your hands.

.... now as to why that video has been given credence as an easy method is beyond me!

sruckauf
03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
If you ever want to find the rounder 'S' pallet from the Speed series, I ordered a few of the TK82S pallets from Tennis Warehouse Europe. Good price and they shipped fast. I got them in about a week. I'm in the states btw.

MomentumGT
03-21-2012, 08:17 AM

-Fuji

What other forum are you talking about? I'm in need lol

-Jon

JediAce
03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
If you ever want to find the rounder 'S' pallet from the Speed series, I ordered a few of the TK82S pallets from Tennis Warehouse Europe. Good price and they shipped fast. I got them in about a week. I'm in the states btw.

Doesn't it cost ~$35 after shipping? Is that a good price for a pallet?