PDA

View Full Version : Question for Granville: Does the new 6.1 feel like the Classic/OG?

Hi I'm Ray
03-22-2012, 07:46 AM
If not, which one of the previous version would feel most like the original? I'm assuming all the different versions play similar to each other with only a difference in feel - is that right?

twbuyer
03-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Greetings - the new 6.1 (95) feels just like the old 6.1 (95) which felt very similar to the nCode version of the same. With few exceptions (like Kerophite fibers mixed into the graphite of K-Factors - which did seem to dampen feel a bit) they are all so similar that with careful set-up of string, tension - virtually identical.

Hi I'm Ray
03-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Alright, I'm going to try this one out then. Thanks.

TennisMD
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
If not, which one of the previous version would feel most like the original? I'm assuming all the different versions play similar to each other with only a difference in feel - is that right?

Just to be clear by the new 6.1 are you refering to the 6.1 95 BLX 16 x 18 white and red colored? If so I think the feel on this is different than the N code 6.1 16 x18, the new amplifeel does give a bit more feel but swings a bit heavier, so pluses and minuses. The new BLX is also a bit more powerful. I serve a bit better with the N Code can whip the rkt head through, probably a reflection of my technique, I have been told by seasoned vets that I have a Roscoe Tanner style, wish I had the same mph, but not bad for a seasoned ,aka older player. Volleys stick them better with the new, ground strokes even bit heavier with the new