PDA

View Full Version : Pro's Pro TX700

Fuzzball7
03-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Hey guys,

I'm aussie, 12yrs old... Looking at my computer screen on the Racquet Depot UK - Can't believe that I'm looking at a Tabletop electronic machine for anyway under $1000

Does Pro's Pro have a good rep?

Is this particular machine any good?

Thanks

Fuzzy

AJMORGAN
03-24-2012, 07:43 AM
I have the tx600a and it's been an absolute nightmare. This is my first machine as I'm 16 and only been stringing a year. I was pulled in by the price, an electronic machine for 400, bargain! Bought it and within 6 months I had to buy 2 totally new clamp bases, they were automatic but now I've got the normal ones.

My advice would to buy either a top manual machine, or if you see a cheap electronic go for that. I won't ever be buying a Pro's pro machine again!

That's just my opinion.

Rock Strongo
03-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Pro's Pro has terrible quality control.

Great strings though.

000KFACTOR90000
03-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Electronic machines are risky if you have to send them overseas for warranty issues.

Much better choice IMO and any stringer worth their salt could do a great job on one of these.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Gamma_Progression_II_602_FC_Stringing_Machine/descpageGAMMA-602FC.html (indicative only as tennis warehouse won't ship outside the US)

tennis-expert
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Electronic machines always will present a greater risk than manual machines due to exactly that. That being said, the price should not be a reflection of the quality of the machines. I'm surprised to see this thread and these comments. Pro's Pro is an extremely popular brand in Europe for all three types of their machines.

The reason prices on the Pro's Pro products are extremely low is due to just a few in the supply chain, cutting costs significantly. In all of our experience of dealing with the electronic Pro's Pro machines, it remains to be the type of machine we would recommend.

These machines are built to last and many stringers have racked up hundreds of racquets on these machines. If you're stringing several racquets a week, these machines are perfect.

I have the tx600a and it's been an absolute nightmare. This is my first machine as I'm 16 and only been stringing a year. I was pulled in by the price, an electronic machine for 400, bargain! Bought it and within 6 months I had to buy 2 totally new clamp bases, they were automatic but now I've got the normal ones.

Without knowing more on this issue, I can say that these clamps don't just suddenly stop working. I would be inclined to say that you did not adjust the clamp base with the Allen key. This is a maintenance issue which must be done from time to time.

Torres
11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
The reason prices on the Pro's Pro products are extremely low is due to just a few in the supply chain, cutting costs significantly.

I'd say its more to do with the cheaper build quality. The fact that a number of retailers only offer a 6 month guarantee on their electronic machines eg. TX700 speaks volumes.

That said they are cheap, so can I understand why people are tempted by them but the quality is not good.

fortun8son
11-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I have long suspected that Pro's Pro and Eagnas sell a lot of the same stuff.
I would not at all be surprised to find that the Pro's Pro machines are also made by Lily-Lee in Taiwan.

Lakers4Life
11-17-2012, 02:03 AM
I have long suspected that Pro's Pro and Eagnas sell a lot of the same stuff.
I would not at all be surprised to find that the Pro's Pro machines are also made by Lily-Lee in Taiwan.

Actually they are both made by the same company in China and the quality has gone downhill since then. Then again what isn't made in China?

The first starting clamps I bought from Eagnas were in a Pro's Pro packaging. That was when they were $15, now they are $25.

fortun8son
11-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I know Eagnas' parent company is Taiwanese, not sure of the country of origin for the machines.

Lakers4Life
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM
I know Eagnas' parent company is Taiwanese, not sure of the country of origin for the machines.

Now it's pretty much all made in China, you can tell by the workmanship. The Flex 740 I owned before was better built than one a few years later that was made in China. I have to check if I even still have pictures of that machine, but my machine definately was made in Taiwan. I think it was in 2006 or 2007 when they moved production to China.