PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad to rotate 2 different shoes instead of always wearing the same pair?

tennis4life6965
03-24-2012, 06:05 AM
I have Asics and K swiss shoes and I was wondering if it is ok to wear a different pair when you play rather than wearing the same one?

Sveinsson
03-24-2012, 06:12 AM
I have four pair and I rotate regularly. But maybe thats just because I'm totally anal an I want to match my shoes with my outfitts....

McLovin
03-24-2012, 06:14 AM
I do it all the time. Currently I'm rotating between a pair of Nike & Lacoste.

I read a few years ago in Tennis Magazine that it is actually better to rotate if you play a lot as it gives the shoes time to air & dry out, thereby reducing your chances of developing athletes foot. Whether it actually is true, I can only say that since I have been rotating, I haven't had a case of athletes foot.

kimguroo
03-24-2012, 06:29 AM
I have Asics and K swiss shoes and I was wondering if it is ok to wear a different pair when you play rather than wearing the same one?

why not? unless both shoes are under warranty and can't wear out both within 6 months.

I only wear warranty shoes first then If I don't have any shoes under the warranty, I rotate many shoes.

red rook
03-24-2012, 09:04 AM
^^^ Agreed.

Advisable except in the instance of not getting enough wear to attain your 6 mo guarantee.

ArliHawk
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
^^^ Agreed.

Advisable except in the instance of not getting enough wear to attain your 6 mo guarantee.

This. Right now I have a pair of Propulse 3 that I am trying to wear out for the warranty. Love these shoes, even wearing them causally to get that sole down.

Ramon
03-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I rotate shoes also. I play mostly on clay, so my chances of using a warranty are nil.

There are other advantages of rotating shoes besides giving them time to air out. For one thing, you can experiment with different shoes so you can get a better idea of what you want to buy next time. You can also pick out which shoes are best for certain situations.

When I play on hard courts, I wear my NB 804's because the combination of cushioning and rear foot stability make it a good shoe to prevent injuries on hard courts. On clay, I either wear my Prince T10's or Lotto Raptor Ultra II Speed's. The T10's are rock solid stable and supportive, both front and rear. The Raptors are light weight, low to the ground, performance shoes.

The_Question
03-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't get it. Why is it bad to begin with??

ATP100
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
How ever many times you play tennis in a week, that is how many pairs of shoes you should have, (or more) and always rotate with a fresh pair that week.

(helps them dry, they last longer...etc. etc.)

Chris182
03-27-2012, 09:09 AM
what is athletes foot ? sorry to ask^^
i have some yonex and adidas and i wear what i feel like that day... they are lined in a shelf and i just happen to grab one pair (our dog likes to take them out too^^) so its not always all available :-D, maybe i should try to mix left and right foot, no :)?

Sveinsson
03-27-2012, 10:07 AM
what is athletes foot ? sorry to ask^^
i have some yonex and adidas and i wear what i feel like that day... they are lined in a shelf and i just happen to grab one pair (our dog likes to take them out too^^) so its not always all available :-D, maybe i should try to mix left and right foot, no :)?

From Wikipedia:
"Athlete's foot is a fungal infection of the skin that causes scaling, flaking, and itch of affected areas. It is caused by fungi in the genus Trichophyton and is typically transmitted in moist areas where people walk barefoot, such as showers or bathhouses."

If play tennis two hours a day five days of the week and I rotate between four pairs of shoes, though one pair is getting a little worn out. But being in Iceland I can only play out doors 3 months a year and the indoor courts are very soft so wear and tear is minimum.

And I NEVER forget to have a can of Scholl Shoe spray in my bag. My shoes never smell. Can not recommend this stuff enough!

http://productimages-live.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/big/scholl-shoe-spray.jpg

Chris182
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
okaye, thanx :-D

Sveinsson
03-27-2012, 10:26 AM
okaye, thanx :-D

If your toes and feet are always in moist you can get fungus on them (not cool). So just wash your feet well and use dry socks and try to prevent toesweat ;)

cknobman
03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Depends on how fast you wear them.

Always make sure you wear out your shoes before the 6 month warranty (if they have one) so you can get a free pair.

McLovin
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
And I NEVER forget to have a can of Scholl Shoe spray in my bag. My shoes never smell. Can not recommend this stuff enough!

Just remember to take the can out before boarding a plane. I did just that w/ a can of Lotramins foot powder:
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/14174/300.jpg

I was pulled aside while a TSA agent used a chemical test to verify it was not an explosive or some other illegal substance. Quite embarrassing...