PDA

View Full Version : Question on shoe durability guarantee

McLovin
03-24-2012, 05:21 AM
I've never bothered trying to claim warranty on a pair of shoes, but I was wondering...

Is that guarantee from when you purchase them? Or from when you start using them? Because when I see a sale @ TW on a pair of shoes I like, I will purchase a couple pairs of them & leave them in the closet. But I may not use them until 6 or 8 months after the purchase.

So, how do you prove '6 month durability'? Do the companies not even bother checking, and just replace your shoes? I'd hate to pay $10 shipping, only to have them sent back 'as is'.

kimguroo
03-24-2012, 05:26 AM
I've never bothered trying to claim warranty on a pair of shoes, but I was wondering...

Is that guarantee from when you purchase them? Or from when you start using them? Because when I see a sale @ TW on a pair of shoes I like, I will purchase a couple pairs of them & leave them in the closet. But I may not use them until 6 or 8 months after the purchase.

So, how do you prove '6 month durability'? Do the companies not even bother checking, and just replace your shoes? I'd hate to pay $10 shipping, only to have them sent back 'as is'.

the warranty starts from your receipt date to 6 months.

McLovin
03-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Well, that sucks. I guess from now on, when purchasing 'durability guaranteed shows', I'll start wearing those first.