PDA

View Full Version : Asics GR4 Blue, TWs exclusive colorway - Thoughts?

BC1
03-24-2012, 09:34 PM
TW is promoting their exclusive GR4 Blue colorway. Do you like it? I think i do, but I'm uncertain if i will in person. Curious what others think.

sports4eva115
03-24-2012, 10:14 PM
looks really fresh! I agree in that there'll probably be some differences once seen in person, but I'm definantly down to grab a pair after my cb 3.3's wear out so that I can go for the 6 month durability for both!

Torres
03-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Very nice. I like the 'single' color theme with the sublte accenting to finish it off. Looks better than the stock colorway.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_shoes/AMGR4BL-1.JPG

Bit like the old GR3 blue/red version:

http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/new_shoes/AMGR3BG-1.jpg

BC1
03-24-2012, 10:42 PM
^^^^Torres, thanks for posting pic.

PhotoBlue
03-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I really like this colorway, but I have never tried asics before. Are they as good as everybody says they are?

anhuynh16
03-25-2012, 09:21 AM
nice, looks like the old GR2 CW

brownbearfalling
03-25-2012, 12:26 PM
nice, looks like the old GR2 CW

I liked the all blue color way of the GR2 better because it was a deeper blue.

I'm afraid that the new color way might be too teal/turquoise in person.

JGads
03-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm not a fan and was disappointed because I was really hoping for a nice alternative color option from what's available. I don't see this looking good with either white or black socks; it really looks more like a women's colorway to me. Will stick to my black/greens but they're wearing out now so I'm contemplating going with the white/navy. Really is a great shoe, though.

Torres
03-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Should be fine with white socks/shorts and matching shirt.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/NMSRRRR-BL-1.JPG

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_shoe_thumb/AMGR4BL-1-thumb.jpg http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_shoe_thumb/AMGR4BL-3-thumb.jpg

Similar sort of look to Rafa at the FO:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5148/5680738712_02358da7d8_z.jpg

The Dampener
03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
My prayers have been answered.

lim
03-25-2012, 09:55 PM
I would consider buying them if I needed a new pair.

T21D
03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I usually wear a 10 in the CB's/Vapors/Adi0's, and Barricades and ended up pre ordering a 9.5 as we speak. Actually excited to try out another brand than the status quo. I've had Ascics runners in the past and haven't had any issues.

Power Player
03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
I love these shoes. Am sending some worn out GR3s back to TW and may have to replace them with these.

[d]ragon
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Look real sweet. I might get myself a pair. If only they brought out a red version too

BC1
03-26-2012, 12:27 PM
I have GR3s, Barricade 7s, and Nike CB4s. I like the Asics the best - more comfortable and better ventilation. Durability doesn't seem as good, but it's not bad at all. I will definitely be trying these. The GR3s felt a little tight, so the GR4s should be perfect if they run a litttle large. Glad to hear others like the looks.

JGads
03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Guess I'm the lone ranger.

TW Staff
03-26-2012, 01:59 PM
The TW Exclusive colorway of the Asics Gel Resolution 4 is now in stock!

Get yours here:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Asics_Gel_Resolution_4_Blue/descpageMSASICS-AMGR4BL.html

Brittany, TW

JoelDali
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
These shoes are awesome...G4 are the real deal.

Very GOATish.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t2Ry7I5DNuQ/S9Quz9Kx6TI/AAAAAAAAFeM/5VKqf0kuhzo/s1600/susan-boyle.jpg

JGads
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
These shoes are awesome...G4 are the real deal.

Very GOATish.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t2Ry7I5DNuQ/S9Quz9Kx6TI/AAAAAAAAFeM/5VKqf0kuhzo/s1600/susan-boyle.jpg

JoelD, you have the white/navys, right? Look good in person? I think they're my next move.

JoelDali
03-26-2012, 08:05 PM
JoelD, you have the white/navys, right? Look good in person? I think they're my next move.

Sunday night I was walking up the creaky stairway to tennis heaven at Forest Hills and I could feel my feet GOATing as I gently touched the pictures of the GOATs of the 20th century: Ashe, Borg, Gulbis.

Its funny you should ask because I asked my doorman what he thought because to me the white/bleu colorway is slightly Wal Martish but GSOATish at the same time. I guess I'm not used to exuding 4.5 tennis skills in non Nikes.

I played against 3 out of form 5.0 women from the women's team my friend captains. I held my own in doubles (was GOATed by a one handed chick that was like a mini Henin who executed youtube worthy GOAT Volleys).

Then played singles against Cibulkova type and was blasting winners with new Bassault PS 90.

The G4 are great...I'm just not sure about the colors until I saw these blue ones...these are hot.

The whites work...they just don't jump out at me and intimidate top tier 4.5 players like the V5 did.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/SU1HLTIwMTIwMzIyLTAwMTI5LmpwZw.jpg

jacktyler627
03-26-2012, 08:33 PM
With the sizing though, I have size 11 in the 2k11s....should i buy same size?

Power Player
03-26-2012, 08:38 PM
The whites are class. You can crossbrand them with The Gentleman, and nobody will judge you. Instead they will see you as a modern GQ who likes to break the rules. A connoisseur of fine wine who also cranks Sonic Youth a little too loud at times. It's a nice compliment and contrast at the same time.

JGads
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Sunday night I was walking up the creaky stairway to tennis heaven at Forest Hills and I could feel my feet GOATing as I gently touched the pictures of the GOATs of the 20th century: Ashe, Borg, Gulbis.

Its funny you should ask because I asked my doorman what he thought because to me the white/bleu colorway is slightly Wal Martish but GSOATish at the same time. I guess I'm not used to exuding 4.5 tennis skills in non Nikes.

I played against 3 out of form 5.0 women from the women's team my friend captains. I held my own in doubles (was GOATed by a one handed chick that was like a mini Henin who executed youtube worthy GOAT Volleys).

Then played singles against Cibulkova type and was blasting winners with new Bassault PS 90.

The G4 are great...I'm just not sure about the colors until I saw these blue ones...these are hot.

The whites work...they just don't jump out at me and intimidate top tier 4.5 players like the V5 did.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/SU1HLTIwMTIwMzIyLTAwMTI5LmpwZw.jpg

The whites are class. You can crossbrand them with The Gentleman, and nobody will judge you. Instead they will see you as a modern GQ who likes to break the rules. A connoisseur of fine wine who also cranks Sonic Youth a little too loud at times. It's a nice compliment and contrast at the same time.

This color battle is taking up a lot of my mental time. The white-navy: exactly know what you mean, JoelD, by saying they're somewhere between classy goat and wal mart. I want just a LITTLE more flair. And I've never shied from crazy shoes - in fact I think the green speed solutions that my man Gilles Muller proudly goats are so crazy that I love them - but these TW Blue Ressys, I feel like you either need to stock up on a slew of blue matching clothing, or they'll look weird.

I may actually be close to wearing through my black/greens, which would earn me a lovely free pair.

ductrung3993
03-26-2012, 09:57 PM
This color battle is taking up a lot of my mental time. The white-navy: exactly know what you mean, JoelD, by saying they're somewhere between classy goat and wal mart. I want just a LITTLE more flair. And I've never shied from crazy shoes - in fact I think the green speed solutions that my man Gilles Muller proudly goats are so crazy that I love them - but these TW Blue Ressys, I feel like you either need to stock up on a slew of blue matching clothing, or they'll look weird.

I may actually be close to wearing through my black/greens, which would earn me a lovely free pair.

Nah you will be fine, there are lots of matching apparels out there. I really want one too but I feel that I don't need another pair honestly :-?

parasailing
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
The color definitely pops out and wonder how they look like in person. It's hard to tell on a computer since my screen is color calibrated. I would say matching blue shoes is a lot easier than trying to match green shoes but either way, going with white apparel should work for both.

Fed Kennedy
03-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Joel, wtf you are using ascis? I feel violated. Then again I switched to yonex...sorry to everyone

Bobo96
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Anyone know a reliable website I can get the GR3, seems TW discontinued:cry:

ArliHawk
03-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Anybody with these suggest going down 1/2 size per TW's website. Seems a lot of people who reviewed the shoe said they ordered their normal size.

JoelDali
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Anybody with these suggest going down 1/2 size per TW's website. Seems a lot of people who reviewed the shoe said they ordered their normal size.

They run large...its a tough call though. All feet are different.

They feel amazing with Thorlo L3.

Exactly like CB 2.3

Power Player
03-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Gads I'm kind of feeling the black and greens you have..do they deliver in person?

Seth
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm usually a "Great Deals on Previous Models" shoe buyer, but I may break that tradition for these blue GR4s.

Power Player
03-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Bros I may go incredible hulk and buy the speeds..let's see what TW does for me on the gr3 warranty.

JGads
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Gads I'm kind of feeling the black and greens you have..do they deliver in person?

They're pretty nice, actually, but I'm just itching for something a little different. Only issue with the blacks is whenever I'm down to white socks, looks a little off, but obviously not a huge deal. Will probably end up going white/navy for my next pair.

I definitely do, but others haven't. That said, I wasn't really a GR3 user and those saying to 'stay the same' are talking about GR3-to-GR4. For me, coming from Nike, New Balance and Wilson shoes, I absolutely had to go down a half size from those models to this one to make it fit.

Power Player
03-29-2012, 02:39 PM
The reviews on the Speed solutions sound so gsoaty. Any of you returned your shoes through TW before? The rep seemed to allude that I could get credit on a different pair of Asics if I wanted and it is better to send shoes back to them.

parasailing
03-29-2012, 04:37 PM
The reviews on the Speed solutions sound so gsoaty. Any of you returned your shoes through TW before? The rep seemed to allude that I could get credit on a different pair of Asics if I wanted and it is better to send shoes back to them.

I have returned a couple pairs due to improper fit or not what I expected and based on what you write on the back of the return slip, you can have the amount credited back to your card or request an exchange for another size or model.

Chace
03-29-2012, 06:10 PM

A couple of years ago I sent some Gr2s back to TW. They gave me a credit for what I paid for the Gr2s and I used it towards a pair of 2k10s.

Power Player
03-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Perfect! Think Ill go with the solutions then.

nctennis9
03-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm usually a "Great Deals on Previous Models" shoe buyer, but I may break that tradition for these blue GR4s.

You won't do it though.

JGads
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Perfect! Think Ill go with the solutions then.

PP,
Quick FYI: TW Europe now has a clay-specific Speed for sale; guessing our TW may not be far behind. Not sure if you wanted to wait for that version, but I know you play a lot in the dirt so I thought I'd mention it.

Power Player
03-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Thanks Gads..I do play in the dirt, but not enough to where I need them.

I'm stoked for these green machines..they sound super goaty. I am a fast player and love light shoes.

T21D
03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Woah, when TW recommends you go a half size down, BELIEVE it. You can probably even go a FULL size down. Also, I had issue where there was glue stains where the toe box and guard attached. Otherwise, very comfy ride and almost runner-esque in shape and feel.
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL807/4484051/23938575/401871829.jpg

parasailing
04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I had to return them due to the size issue and also the color was a bit duller than the picture shoes on my monitor. Depending on how the Speed Solutions work out, I might go with the black and green one instead.

JGads
04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
The more I look at this, the more I really like this simple colorway.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Asics_Gel_Resolution_4_WhNavy/descpageMSASICS-AMGR4WN.html

Arthuro
04-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I ordered them. They look fantastic. I now have all three colorways.

JGads
04-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I ordered them. They look fantastic. I now have all three colorways.

Question: JoelD's pic earlier in the thread, the 'navy' blue looks a little lighter than other online pics I'm seeing, almost Royal Blue, but I'm thinking that's due to the flash of his camera. Is the blue more darker navy or more of a lighter royal blue in person?

stapletonj
04-07-2012, 07:07 PM
they are pretty royal, not navy blue.
I pulled on a matching shirt and went to my local
drill session today and was strutting around saying :
"That's MISTER Kentucky bandwagon fan to you, sir!"
yuk yuk yuk yuk

they are really great shoes...