PDA

View Full Version : just finished stringing exo tour 16x18

vinouspleasure
03-25-2012, 05:03 PM
bought one, first time stringing, pretty tough, I've never strung anything like it before but the videos irwin posted prepared me well for the pitfalls. I ended up using the brake method which worked well. I looked at Irwin's 50-50 video but it looked too complex. I also used the bead method, worked well until I got to the bottom of the stringbed.

thanks to irwin for the great, informative videos.

Irvin
03-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks but it is IRVIN!!! no E no W no G LOL

mikeler
03-26-2012, 05:39 AM
You are lucky that your brake works well enough. I had to use the classic "hip" method to prevent the racket from turning during each cross tension during my Prince phase.

loosegroove
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks but it is IRVIN!!! no E no W no G LOL

Is that you Erwing?

Irvin
03-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Is that you Erwing?

Well at least you have one eye. LOL

Darkhors
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
bought one, first time stringing, pretty tough, I've never strung anything like it before but the videos irwin posted prepared me well for the pitfalls. I ended up using the brake method which worked well. I looked at Irwin's 50-50 video but it looked too complex. I also used the bead method, worked well until I got to the bottom of the stringbed.

thanks to irwin for the great, informative videos.

He just put a w where the v should have been. Not sure why E and G were even mentioned???

DH

Power Player
03-27-2012, 10:33 AM
My biggest beef with that stick was stringing it and getting the tension nailed. UGGHH.

Irvin
03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
He just put a w where the v should have been. Not sure why E and G were even mentioned???

DH

Trust me if your name was Irvin you would. I have seen Ervin, Irvine, Irwin, Erwin, Erwing, Erving, Irving, and many other ones that aren't even close. If my name were something like Bee-ak-ah-bah-TOO-kah, SIR-bee-ack, or Boom-shay Boom-shay I could understand but Irvin? LOL

mikeler
03-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Trust me if your name was Irvin you would. I have seen Ervin, Irvine, Irwin, Erwin, Erwing, Erving, Irving, and many other ones that aren't even close. If my name were something like Bee-ak-ah-bah-TOO-kah, SIR-bee-ack, or Boom-shay Boom-shay I could understand but Irvin? LOL

I've had quite a few funny variations on my last name over the years.

Irvin
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
I've had quite a few funny variations on my last name over the years.

Don't even go there. LMAO

Rabbit
03-27-2012, 12:41 PM
yeah, leave Erving alone!

mikeler
03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Don't even go there. LMAO

I got your e-mail about your last name. Good lord you must have had a rough childhood!

Irvin
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Ya grow up fast.

DeShaun
03-28-2012, 11:24 PM
You are lucky that your brake works well enough. I had to use the classic "hip" method to prevent the racket from turning during each cross tension during my Prince phase.
Having used both "wall-stop" and "hip" methods to string EXOs before, I sympathize with you.

loosegroove
03-29-2012, 06:32 AM
I couldn't use the hip check method because I have a table top. But once I got the boomerang from Prince (granted it was the wrong one and I had to sand it down), stringing was fine on the exo tour.