PDA

View Full Version : Basketball shoes for tennis?

Andyroo10567
03-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Heyooo,
I just bought Nike hyperfuse lows for basketball and was wondering if it was usable for tennis? didn't want to spend more money on a different pair of shoes for tennis, and i tend to like wearing basketball shoes because there comfortable (: . Would they be as durable as tennis shoes? ( I play on concrete surface ) Btw, i intend to use these for multiple uses, tennis, basketball, exercising, and for walking around in. Another thing is that are they also as comfortable as tennis shoes? Answers would be nice or advice, any response actually would help :P.
Thankies!

lim
03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
The outsoles probably won't last. The uppers should be fine.

ryohazuki222
03-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Depends how hard you play. Outsoles will get killed playing tennis. I actually own a pair of the hyperfuse lows (steve nash ones) and just from basketball they are already worn through the grooves after not much outdoor playing (of just bball).

I used to just play bball in my nike court ballistec 3.3s and those were barely dented from bball.

The hyperfuse -- despite being insanely less durable -- would be solid tennis shoes though.

tennishotdog
03-27-2012, 11:36 PM
i rolled my ankles in bball shoes because it wasn't designed for moving quickly side to side. also put a hole in it after 2 weeks of intense tennis, thats $120 down the drain, normally they would last me a good 6-8 months.

so yeh unless you just play tennis few times a month i wouldnt recommend playing with bball shoes due to issues with their durability, support and traction. they're jsut not designed for tennis.

Bilders
03-28-2012, 02:08 AM
I used a pair of Nike TR1+ air maxs and they have serious gripping tread on the sole. Not designed for tennis at all and could almost be dangerous when trying to slide or stop on a tennis court.

Say Chi Sin Lo
03-28-2012, 02:33 AM
I tried the other way, Vapors 8 on hardwood. I looked like a figure skater slipping and sliding!

Bilders
03-28-2012, 02:52 AM
I tried the other way, Vapors 8 on hardwood. I looked like a figure skater slipping and sliding!

Haha I can imagine. Especially in Vapors made for Federer's balletic steps and slides.

gramdacious
03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Ask Bethanie Mattek-Sands, she wears Under Armour Men's Basketball shoes in matches.

DarkSephiroth
03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I play Basketball with Hyperfuse lows. After about 2 months on the hardwood (I play in 5 leagues a week at the highest level since I played college ball), I switch them over to being my tennis shoes. They wear fast on the tennis court, but they work great until the bottom gets worn through.

When I use them for basketball, they stay in my bag until I'm actually playing on the hardwood, then after the game they go right back into my bag. They're treated like gold for 2 months, then when they become tennis shoes, I treat them like the all-around exercise shoe that you're planning to use them as. It will work well for tennis, it just won't last a long time because of the surfaces used on tennis courts.

Andyroo10567
03-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Ahh ok thanks!

tennisoh
03-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Not a good idea.

However, tennis shoes for outdoor basketball? They are probably better than actual basketball shoes.

Andyroo10567
03-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh ok ill make a note of that for later on after i shred these. Lol

ryohazuki222
03-28-2012, 09:32 PM
tennis shoes are ok for outdoor basketball... but other than durability they dont come close to the performance of actual bball shoes.

tennytive
03-29-2012, 06:27 AM
I wear the air court leader low bb shoes. I like them so much I just found another pair on the bay since the red/black have been discontinued. (In fact, as I write this, they were just delivered!)

After almost a year of 3 to 4X a week on hard courts, and 4 times a week of basketball/volleyball this winter, they've held up remarkably well.

When I was a kid, we had "gym" shoes that were used for everything. If bb shoes work for you, than who's to say you shouldn't use them?

At less than half the price of tennis shoes, they're also a bargain for me.