PDA

View Full Version : Nike Vapor 9 Tour:Question for Chris Edwards

iceman_dl6
03-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Hi Chris,

I am currently playing with the Nike Zoom Breathe 2k11 for 2 months now. Love the support,stability and fit, but however, at times, I find that they are bit heavy since I came from the Asics Gel Res 2 (those were way lighter).

I'm thinking of going towards the vapor 9 tour, but i'm worried that the support and stability is inadequate due to its lighter weight. I would like to have your opinion about the vapors' support/stability and the fit vs the 2k11 (would also like to know if I should keep the same size if I transition from the 2k11). To note that I have a narrow foot type and I don't wear down my shoes a lot.

Thanks in advance,

TW Staff
04-02-2012, 09:29 AM
The Vapor 9 offers a glove like fit. The fingers of the lace system really wrap my feet like I've never experienced from any other tennis shoe. I can control how tight each one is pulled in very easily which allows me to make the shoe tight where needed or to offer more give in a certain area.

I have not worn it as much as I'd like to test durability, since my pair mark the court, but the fit, comfort and support are all top notch. You will be fine staying in size.

Hope that helps,
Chris, TW

iceman_dl6
04-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks Chris for your very insightful answer! That is exactly the kind of fit I'm looking for in a tennis shoe. Definitely grabbing a pair!

Nojoke
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Is the marking issue the reason TW has not posted a full review yet?

XFactorer
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Also, do the new SL version of the Vapors still mark up the court?