PDA

View Full Version : Nike Vapor Tour 9 or Asics Gel Solution Speed?

iceman_dl6
03-29-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm looking to replace my Nike Zoom Breathe 2k11s for some lighter ones. As per the subject of the thread, which one would you suggest? I have narrow feet and i'm pretty delicate with my shoes, so durability is not a factor for me.

My 2 main criterias: stability (stable enough so that I don't roll an ankle) and mobility (ie: fast feeling)

Thanks in advance.

JGads
03-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Limited experience: found the Vapors, which I had for a month, to be wider in the forefoot between the two and maybe felt slightly more stable (but neither will win any awards for stability) while the Speeds (which I've only tried on) have better cushioning and an all-around more comfy feel (but both feel good). Both seem to be extremely light and quick. Can't go wrong with either in the 'light' department.

3fees
03-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Light is one criteria, I think the additional criteria of feel,cushion, support, arch support and pronation or supination of feet should be included, in selecting shoes,,what did he say ? oh yeah , he always right. Thanks

3Fees,,:)

3fees
03-31-2012, 08:18 AM
To check for pronated or supinated feet,,wet the bottoms of your feet and step both feet on concrete,,look at the pattern made and check for pronated and supinated feet, certain tennis shoes are for pronated feet, certain ones are for supinated feet and some fit neutral feet, superior mind, superior will and superior attitute makes a superior tennis player,,oh ! My colleagues thank me,,your all welcome ! Get Busy.

3Fees,,,:)

PeterFig
03-31-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm looking to replace my Nike Zoom Breathe 2k11s for some lighter ones. As per the subject of the thread, which one would you suggest? I have narrow feet and i'm pretty delicate with my shoes, so durability is not a factor for me.

My 2 main criterias: stability (stable enough so that I don't roll an ankle) and mobility (ie: fast feeling)

Thanks in advance.

I've owned and tried Vapors for the last 3 generations and while I like them I found all to be too wide in the forefoot for me. I have fairly normal width feet but even so the Vapors were just a tad too roomy in the forefoot, causing me some calluses from the movement of the foot and some instability. I got a pair of the Speeds about a month ago and i just LOVE them. Lighter than the Vapor's, a little more stable, much better fit in the forefoot (btw I took a 1/2 size smaller than Vapor - a common thing it seems with new Asics models). I also feel the Speeds are more cushioned and overall they just feel amazing. Very comfortable, very light. Lastly I got a little better traction with the Speeds.

I wanted to like the Vapors more - like their look more, but pretty much in all aspects for me the Speed is the better shoe.

henryshli
04-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I've also owned a few generations of vapors but one day I just realised that they are not very good shoes. I found them quite flimsy and don't last long. I was forever slipping in moist conditions which improved after I switched to court ballistics.

One day I forgot my shoes and went to a local sport shop where a pair of barricades were on sale, I thought these will do for now but they turned out to be a better version of the ballistics, more grip in the wet and sturdier.

parasailing
04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Yay!, TW has my Gel Speed Solution in my size in stock so hope to give a review when I try them out this weekend.

I have tried out the Vapor 6s, 7s, and 8s and find that the Vapor 6s were closest I ever got to a lighter GSOAT with the exception of the long break in period of the stiff toe box. The 7s and 8s lacked lateral stability so the hunt continues for a light shoe with good stability.

iceman_dl6
04-14-2012, 05:23 AM
I finally made my decision this week and chose the Nike Vapor 9s Tour. All I can say is wow! The fit is amazing, the weight is perfect and love the lacing system since the laces would never lose tension during a match therefore no frequent retying of my shoes. Stability wise, I felt stable and secure in these shoes. Comfort wise, the most comfortable shoes of all time for me, even more comfier that the Asics Gel Resolutions 2 i had. Can't compare to the Asics Gel Solutions though since they weren't available in my area.

Thanks all for your inputs,

parasailing
04-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Finally got on the court with the Speed Solution. These shoes are light and feel like running shoes. Stability is decent and cushioning is adequate. Very little break in but I did have an issue with my left foot where the plastic kinda jab into my ankle a bit not as bad as the previous Gel Resolution 3s so hopefully this softens up over time.

Because they are the lightest shoes, it allowed me to get to the ball a little quicker than my current T22 Mids. Overall, I am impressed with what Asics was able to do which is combine a light weight shoe with decent stability.