PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Stringing Machine

Rhys Mog
04-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Hey all,
I've been trying to get a small sideline in racket stringing started, and I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight into good electronic machines. I've been stringing for my own rackets for about 6 years, but only ever with a Stringway drop-weight machine. I thought an electronic machine might help with the increased volume of rackets.
What is everyone's favourite machine, and would you say the benefits of an electronic machine outweigh the cost?

sstchur
04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Hey all,
I've been trying to get a small sideline in racket stringing started, and I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight into good electronic machines. I've been stringing for my own rackets for about 6 years, but only ever with a Stringway drop-weight machine. I thought an electronic machine might help with the increased volume of rackets.
What is everyone's favourite machine, and would you say the benefits of an electronic machine outweigh the cost?

I've only just recently purchased an electronic, but yes, I would say the benefits outweigh the cost. It's much more enjoyable for me to string on and I'm more efficient with the electronic than I was with a crank.

I have a Gamma 5800 ELS 2pt with swaped in switch action base clamps. It's essentially an 8800 without the number pad. I also have a 6004 that is 6pt, and as the tables are easily swappable, I can switch to whichever mounting system I feel like using.

Anyway, I think electronic machines are worth it and probably should have purchased mine sooner.

GlenK
04-04-2012, 03:24 AM
I got a Gamma X-Els about a year ago and love it!! It's built like a tank, consistent, and easy to use. Zero regrets here..