PDA

View Full Version : Advice on starting clamp

beepee1972
04-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a good quality starting clamp. I imagine we haven't got all the choices you have over there, but I have run into some clamps. I've read some reactions on the babolat clamps (as in being very good, but also pretty expensive). I've found some clamps available in the Netherlands, for example RAB and Pro's Pro, but also from local internet shops like ************.nl or ************.nl .

Has anyone got any advice on the right thing to do? Thanks.

oldcity
04-04-2012, 06:22 AM
I only have experience with the alpha clamp but i've heard its the same as the rab. with two springs in the handle. I can tell you its stout, and works great. no complaints here.

smucker007
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
IMO, Gamma clamps are bleh..3 springs but is not strong at all..Best I've used are Babolat ones, and GSS. GSS is cheaper. They can last forever if well taken care of so its worth the investment to purchase a better one.

bigmalik76
04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I have an eagnas starting and have no complaints at all. For the price it absolutely delivers.

beepee1972
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Tnx guys. I have worked things out. I could get a blue babolat clamp that is being send to me, so I have decided to use that one. I will let you know my experiences.....

beepee1972
07-13-2012, 12:54 AM
In the meanwhile, I have received my starting clamp, the black babolat version with 2 springs. So far I have used it for about 4 rackets, and no complaints what so ever, does the job well. I have received the tip to remove the inner spring, for less pressure and possible denting of the string, so I will give that a try (although I haven't noticed any damaging yet with two strings....)