PDA

View Full Version : Can I string in 1 piece? (Head Youtek Prestige MP)

audioboy
04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Is it ok to string the racket (Head Youtek Prestige MP) in 1 pieve, even the recommendation is: stringing in 2 pieces?

jim e
04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Is it ok to string the racket (Head Youtek Prestige MP) in 1 pieve, even the recommendation is: stringing in 2 pieces?

Manuf. recommends 2 piece.
If it is a must to string 1 piece then you should string it with an ATW pattern so the cross strings are strung top down.The main strings end at the throat on that racquet.

Yes it is possible to string it ATW.
Will it cause any problems? Most likely not. Many stringers do string Head racquets as an ATW. Personally I string them as 2 piece, as that is Heads recommendation (see paragragh below) .

Heads recommendation (and this was published in an issue of RSI magazine from the USRSA by Gerg Raven is the comment below) :

"HEAD requires that every performance racquet they sell must be strung two-piece, period. With a properly-done two-piece string job, you avoid not only having the crosses installed from the throat to the head, but also any potential problem that might occur with an around-the-world or box pattern, where you might have a 90- or 270-degree turn between a main and a cross, which could break through a section of the frame where the grommets are close together. Because of this, in the unlikely event there was a problem with this frame, Head would have the option of denying the warranty claim due to the one-piece string job."

I string following maunf. recomendations, and I also string most racquets as two pieces, do to the hybrid requests and stringing nat. gut as the gut is handled less with 2 piece, and do to recomendations like the Head comment above.If you learn a good cinched up knot there is no loss on tie offs. (Yes I string natural one piece racquets as one piece if hybrid is not requested) .

bugeyed
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM

In my experience Head racquets are very "soft" in the head & should not be strung from bottom to top. Alternative 1 piece patterns maybe, as long as you don't string the crosses bottom to top.

Cheers,
kev

Clintspin
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey that description strikes too close to home.

fortun8son
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
It's hard to disagree with jim e and Greg Raven.
Do it 2pc unless you have to use that 37ft set of string. 8)

GlenK
04-07-2012, 02:47 AM
I always string mine two piece due to hybrid. But always followed mfg recommendation (requirement) when I was playing full bed.

audioboy
04-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Seems I have to do it in two piece do the recommendations. I will use full bed poly strings (Alu rough or SPP Tornado), so because of that it wouldnīt be necessary.

But I donīt want to be stubid and break the racket, even I may have some problems with the stringing due my VERY old stringing machine and tools.