PDA

View Full Version : easyest string to string with

tennis_addict_444
04-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I just bought a klipermate so I can string rackets myself now but I want to get some experience before I do my main rackets so my question is what is the easyest string to string with? I have never done much stringing and want to buy some cheap string so would babolat syngut be good or should I try something else?
thanks in advance.

nalvarado
04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Forten Nylon. $17 a reel. You'd be fine with pretty much any syn gut but if I was in your shoes I would not waste a good playing syn for practice.

Ronaldo
04-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Babolat SG and Wilson Hollow Core are very pliable. Ashaway Liberty is easy to string too, just loses tension fast. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Ashaway_Liberty_16_String_720_Reels/descpageACASH-ASHLIBR.html

mikeler
04-08-2012, 12:05 PM
As suggested, start with inexpensive synthetic gut. There are easier strings to work with, but they are mid range and premium in price.

esgee48
04-08-2012, 01:28 PM
If the Klippermate hasn't shipped yet, you could order a few sets of UltraFibre or SuperPoly form KlipperU S A. If you did not buy from KlipperU S A, then please ignore.

pvaudio
04-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Forten Nylon. $17 a reel. You'd be fine with pretty much any syn gut but if I was in your shoes I would not waste a good playing syn for practice.Best string to learn to string with.

fortun8son
04-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Since you play with poly/poly you should also consider some Polyon 17 to get the feel of handling the stuff.
Learn on the softer stuff first, though. Poly can be frustrating to start with.

jim e
04-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I just bought a klipermate so I can string rackets myself now but I want to get some experience before I do my main rackets so my question is what is the easyest string to string with? I have never done much stringing and want to buy some cheap string so would babolat syngut be good or should I try something else?
thanks in advance.

You should string with the string you like to use. If you are careful you will get a good job and like the string. Otherwise you will just have a cheap string in your racquet that you don't care for and that is worthless.

fortun8son
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM
A good point, however, starting with PHT and MCP can be a bit pricey considering the high % of botched jobs in a novice's first few stringings.
I'm not saying 'buy a reel of cheap stuff' - a few sets will do to get the rhythm down.

keithfival
04-08-2012, 08:02 PM
thanks in advance.

My very first string job turned out just fine (also on the Klipper). You might be surprised, just pay attention (don't watch TV!).

But Gosen Micro 17 is very easy to string and cheap.

loosegroove
04-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Did you order it brand new from Klipper? Doesn't it come with some free sets of sample Klipper string?

TennisNinja
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I personally found the Gosen syn gut easiest to string with. It just slides through.

zapvor
04-08-2012, 09:35 PM
i find poly mains and syn gut cross to be super easy

Irvin
04-09-2012, 05:57 AM
You should string with the string you like to use...

+1 - Use the string you like. Don't go out and buy a reel of string to practice with you may not like or even a set. Just be careful and make sure you know what your are doing.

cknobman
04-09-2012, 08:27 AM
i find poly mains and syn gut cross to be super easy

Except for the cross holes that are underneath string from the mains. I am finding that its a real pain trying to punch a super soft syn/multi through a hole underneath a super stiff poly already tension-ed up in the mains.

Damn near went out of my mind last night trying to string my Dunlop with a Prince beast xp/premier attack hybrid.

PS. It may be this new Dunlop of mine because I dont recall having had this much trouble with Prince or Wilson racquets.

Irvin
04-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Except for the cross holes that are underneath string from the mains. I am finding that its a real pain trying to punch a super soft syn/multi through a hole underneath a super stiff poly already tension-ed up in the mains...

I'm sure you meant what you said but I am not sure you said what you meant. When you buy a racket designed for one piece stringing and string it two piece you are asking for trouble. Try starting your crosses after you string the center 10 mains and then finish up your mains and start the crosses. That way you have the top cross strings in before you block any holes on the top. You still have two holes at the bottom of the racket to contend with though.

jim e
04-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Just put a scrap piece of string on outside of racquet underneath the string that goes over that grommet. This way when you get to that hole you just grab the ends of the scrap string and lift up or pull down to open up access to place the string through the blocked grommet.

cknobman
04-09-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm sure you meant what you said but I am not sure you said what you meant. When you buy a racket designed for one piece stringing and string it two piece you are asking for trouble. Try starting your crosses after you string the center 10 mains and then finish up your mains and start the crosses. That way you have the top cross strings in before you block any holes on the top. You still have two holes at the bottom of the racket to contend with though.

Next racquet I string Ill see if I can give that a try.

Im addicted to hybrids so unfortunately I have to stick to two piece stringing :(

cknobman
04-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Just put a scrap piece of string on outside of racquet underneath the string that goes over that grommet. This way when you get to that hole you just grab the ends of the scrap string and lift up or pull down to open up access to place the string through the blocked grommet.

I was actually thinking that last night when I was fighting my cross strings!!! Good idea!

zapvor
04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Except for the cross holes that are underneath string from the mains. I am finding that its a real pain trying to punch a super soft syn/multi through a hole underneath a super stiff poly already tension-ed up in the mains.

Damn near went out of my mind last night trying to string my Dunlop with a Prince beast xp/premier attack hybrid.

PS. It may be this new Dunlop of mine because I dont recall having had this much trouble with Prince or Wilson racquets.

i had a few times where it took like 10min to get it through but it doesnt happen enough to bug me. i see what you saying though

Ronaldo
04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
i had a few times where it took like 10min to get it through but it doesnt happen enough to bug me. i see what you saying though

Are the grommets small?

DUO
04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Are the grommets small?

block hole?
I also string with beast xp, and the only problem I ever had when stringing is around the main tie offs, where the holes are block.

P.S Ronaldo is GOD, better than C. Ronaldo ever hope to be :twisted:

fortun8son
04-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Many soft multis mash easily. The scrap string trick works well, though it can still be a pain at tie-off.
A little wax helps, as does stiffening the tip with a dab of CA(superglue).
Make sure you let it dry completely, or it could get ugly.8)

Ronaldo
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
block hole?
I also string with beast xp, and the only problem I ever had when stringing is around the main tie offs, where the holes are block.

P.S Ronaldo is GOD, better than C. Ronaldo ever hope to be :twisted:

Yes the blocked hole. Have a Redondo with flared grommet holes. Very easy to manipulate the string but also use a pathfinder if necessary. Who is this Cristiano fella?