PDA

View Full Version : Caanda: Stringing Machines

vChRiSv
04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
This seems like a topic that gets reposted every year or so, so I apologize for resurfacing it. :-P

I've been looking into getting my first stringing machine, and was wondering how other Canadians managed to get their stringing machines in Canada. Is ordering a machine from the U.S. and either: a) shipping it up to Canada or b) driving down to pick it up... really the only option? Or are there any stores/manufacturers/etc. that either sells within Canada, or ships to Canada?

Any information would be great, thanks! :)

FYI: I live in Ontario, and I'm trying to get an entry level table top machine. I haven't chosen a specific model yet, since that will really depend on what is available to me.

vChRiSv
04-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I can't believe I mispelled Canada in the title. :oops:

Lol, any way to edit that?

neverstopplaying
04-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Silent Partner used to sell their own brand (and IMO good) of stringing machines and they are in Ontario, but they only sell ball machines now.

Many US retailers, such as Tennis Warehouse, won't ship machines to Canada, but if you do an internet search, you can buy many brands, either direct, or through other US retailers.

There are also one big online Canadian retailer in Montreal that sells machines, but choice is limited and it will cost you more that buying in the US.

I suggest you read some posts to find a few models that interest you, and then look for a reseller. TT doesn't allow posting this info. Two of my friends in Quebec bought Eagnas machines without problem - they will ship direct to you. Note that several posters have had problems with post-sales service. Good luck.