PDA

View Full Version : GAMMA Progression 200 vs. X-2

vChRiSv
04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Would someone be able to tell me the difference between these 2 machines? They are both from GAMMA and seem to be priced the same, at least from a website I'm looking at. If you were to purchase on of these two machines, which one and why?

rich s
04-09-2012, 01:32 PM
same machine different base.... if you like blue get the X-2, if you like red, get the progression 200.

Radicalized
04-09-2012, 02:14 PM
The X-2 and 200 use the same ratcheting rotational gripper parts, mounts, and floating clamps. The base differs in these ways:
X-2: Blue aluminum base with small drawer on right side (when facing front of machine) and soft lined tray in base.
200: Red plastic-covered metal base with tray.

vChRiSv
04-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Lol, thanks! Didn't expect them to actually be identical other then the base.

russell2011
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
As others have stated the machines are the same. However, I have found the X-2 to be a little easier to carry from room to room because of the narrower base. I also like the drawer on the X-2 for storing certain tools.

vChRiSv
04-09-2012, 08:36 PM
As others have stated the machines are the same. However, I have found the X-2 to be a little easier to carry from room to room because of the narrower base. I also like the drawer on the X-2 for storing certain tools.

That would definitely be good, since I'm in university and will be moving back to my apartment near campus once this month is over. :) Was planning on bringing it with me.

4sound
04-11-2012, 09:20 PM
I used to own the Progression II and my friend had the X-2. I found the base on the X-2 holds the swivel clamp a little better.

I'd get the X-2 if I was getting a tabletop again.

vChRiSv
04-12-2012, 06:10 AM
I used to own the Progression II and my friend had the X-2. I found the base on the X-2 holds the swivel clamp a little better.

I'd get the X-2 if I was getting a tabletop again.

Totally forgot I made this thread. :-P

Yeah, I ended up picking the X-2. Ordered it on Tuesday, should come in on Monday of next week. Can't wait! :) Since the two are practically the same, I chose the X-2 for more mobility. As a Uni student, I do move around a lot.

topspin18
04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Totally forgot I made this thread. :-P

Yeah, I ended up picking the X-2. Ordered it on Tuesday, should come in on Monday of next week. Can't wait! :) Since the two are practically the same, I chose the X-2 for more mobility. As a Uni student, I do move around a lot.

not to be personal but where did you buy your x-2. I know tennis warehouse does not carry them and did you get free shipping with it?

Thanks

vChRiSv
04-13-2012, 05:25 AM
not to be personal but where did you buy your x-2. I know tennis warehouse does not carry them and did you get free shipping with it?

Thanks

Are there any rules against posting information about other tennis companies? XD Considering it's competition for TW.

Best thing to do is to e-mail John (or Gamma Tech). He directed me to the company that I ordered from. His e-mail is cad@gammasports.com.

The shipping cost me $38, was sent out on Wednesday... scheduled to arrive on Monday. FYI, I live in the GTA.

Irvin
04-13-2012, 05:53 AM

Thanks

If you do a Google search for Gamma X-2 there you will find the X-2 for $169 w/free shipping.

http://bit.ly/I8sduR

vChRiSv
04-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Oh, yeah. If you're in the U.S. then the shipping cost from the site I used is also free.

I only paid shipping costs because I live in Canada. :-P Which I assumed the poster was, but now I'm not sure, lol.