PDA

View Full Version : Slazenger Pro Braided grommets?

Murrayalmagrofan
04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I couldn't find these anywhere on the site. Are they available from TW?

jorel
04-10-2012, 05:28 AM
just get some for the Wilson 6.1 16x18 iterations

same exact mold
the PWS grommets will slightly protrude but that matters little..it works

Murrayalmagrofan
04-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks. That's good to know in a pinch, but it would be nice to get grommets made specifically for the Slazenger frame.

Any input for the TW Staff?

P.S. I own two of these frames, and I'm thkinking about getting a third. However, I want to be sure simple maintenance items like these would be available down the road.

jorel
04-10-2012, 12:10 PM
its the exact same mold sans the PWS bumps...pardon my pretentiousness but isnt that a little anal ??

and u can have replacement grommets basically forever since i dont tink the 6.1 mold will ever get discontinued

TW Staff
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
@Murrayalmagrofan,

Since the Slazenger Pro Braided frame is made exclusively for TW, Dunlop doesn't make the grommets. We will see if they would consider making some with the next batch of frames, but that would be about 6 months down the road. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Siobhan, TW

Murrayalmagrofan
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
@Murrayalmagrofan,

Since the Slazenger Pro Braided frame is made exclusively for TW, Dunlop doesn't make the grommets. We will see if they would consider making some with the next batch of frames, but that would be about 6 months down the road. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Siobhan, TW
Appreciate the response. It definitely would be nice if TW offered Slazenger specific grommets for this racquet.

I could definitely use the Wilson's until then.

Thanks!

marsh
08-24-2012, 05:44 AM
I need some grommets also and is TW considering making another batch of these frames?

jorel
08-24-2012, 06:00 AM
I need some grommets also and is TW considering making another batch of these frames?
nope...........

gamerx52986
08-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I currently have 6 of the Slazenger Pro Braideds ( 3 strung, 3 new waiting as backup) and recently ordered some Wilson 6.1 16x18 grommets to see how they fit. Tried them on one of my new ones and they fit perfectly fine as Jorel mentioned with the exception of being a little long where the pws would be. I dont think that will cause any problems though so its a rather cheap way to keep your Slazengers in working order for some time.

Murrayalmagrofan
08-29-2012, 06:37 PM
I currently have 6 of the Slazenger Pro Braideds ( 3 strung, 3 new waiting as backup) and recently ordered some Wilson 6.1 16x18 grommets to see how they fit. Tried them on one of my new ones and they fit perfectly fine as Jorel mentioned with the exception of being a little long where the pws would be. I dont think that will cause any problems though so its a rather cheap way to keep your Slazengers in working order for some time.
Good to hear. Thanks for the update on this!

Bartelby
08-29-2012, 06:49 PM
So do you cut a portion that's a little long or ...?

jorel
08-30-2012, 06:02 AM
:)Good to hear. Thanks for the update on this!
sure... wen he says it......