PDA

View Full Version : eagnas hawk 26

tennis_addict_444
04-10-2012, 07:01 AM
hey guys,
I bought a klippermate on the 'bay a few days ago and the sale fell through so I need to find another. I was wondering what you think on this machine(http://www.eagnas.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_30&products_id=140) compared to a klipper, x-2, or the other eagnas hawks? The specs vs price on this one seems much better than the others.

Nuke
04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
That one looks a lot like the Silent Partner Swing, although with a linear gripper instead of a drum, so maybe it's a bit better than the Swing. The Swing used to get a lot of love on these boards as a compromise, with better clamps than the X-2, a clutch that the Klipper lacked, and a slightly better mounting system than either. I bought a Swing years ago and have never had a problem with it.

But this is Eagnas. It might be a good, basic machine, perhaps from the same factory that put out the Swing, but all the talk I've seen of Eagnas' poor customer service scares me away from them.

tennis_addict_444
04-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Or would it be more worth it spend some more to get the DEN-3600, GE II or a Hawk 40. I dont want to spend more than than 180 but if it is realy worth it I could get one of those. Also are there any other brands I should consider?

tennis_addict_444
04-10-2012, 07:36 AM
That one looks a lot like the Silent Partner Swing, although with a linear gripper instead of a drum, so maybe it's a bit better than the Swing. The Swing used to get a lot of love on these boards as a compromise, with better clamps than the X-2, a clutch that the Klipper lacked, and a slightly better mounting system than either. I bought a Swing years ago and have never had a problem with it.

But this is Eagnas. It might be a good, basic machine, perhaps from the same factory that put out the Swing, but all the talk I've seen of Eagnas' poor customer service scares me away from them.

ya I have seen that in alot of the boards but I feel like silent partners are always hard to find but Im probably looking in the wrong places.

Ramon
04-10-2012, 10:50 AM
ya I have seen that in alot of the boards but I feel like silent partners are always hard to find but Im probably looking in the wrong places.

With Silent Partner, I think you're on your own because they don't make them anymore. If you think Eagnas' reputation with their own customers is bad, the way they treat customers of discontinued competitors is far worse. They even say that in their website!

Your best chances with Eagnas are probably with simple machines like the one you are looking at.

pingu
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM
OP: If I were you, I would get the new Klipper. It's made in the U.S. and has lifetime warranty. Most of the time sellers on the bay mentioned about the warranty but failed to mention that warranty is good for original owner only.

mchjhn
04-10-2012, 12:16 PM
just buy an x-2 online, free shipping and no tax. you get the warranty.

tennis_addict_444
04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I think I have narowed it down to 3 machines, one im winning on the 'bay thats alot nicer than the ones I have been looking at, the hawk 26 and the hawk 20. I can't figure out what is so diferent about the 26 compared to the 20 so if anyone knows please fill me in.

Ramon
04-10-2012, 03:27 PM
I think I have narowed it down to 3 machines, one im winning on the 'bay thats alot nicer than the ones I have been looking at, the hawk 26 and the hawk 20. I can't figure out what is so diferent about the 26 compared to the 20 so if anyone knows please fill me in.

The Hawk 26 has 4 extra supports like the Silent Partner Swing. Seems like a good feature for $20 more.

levy1
04-14-2012, 08:18 AM
You can have my almost new Klipper for $100 if you live close to Ohio. I received a present of a used Eagnas 910 just after buying the Klippermate. I love my 910 and it works great but would never in my life ever buy anything from the company after dealing with them several times. Worst customer service I ever experienced. I cannot comment on which machine because I have only owned these two.
The Klipper service was fantastic as I called the owner 5 times while stringing my first 3 rackets and he walked me through everything and told me to call him as often as I needed.