PDA

View Full Version : LM Radical and the Pure Control Zylon 360?

Benjamin
02-19-2004, 04:51 AM
In looking at the Head LiquidMetal Radical Midplus and the Babolat Pure Control Zylon 360, their specs, as well as their TW review numbers, look very similar.

I am wondering if anyone has tried both of these racquets, and if so, can you compare and contrast them? {especially in the areas of: power, spin potential, control, serving, and at the net}

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Benjamin

Swingman
02-19-2004, 08:49 PM
The Pure Control Zlyon was awful. Too light, unstable and low power. Spin potential was good. The LM Radical was very stable, good power, spin potential was low to medium. If I had medium strokes the LM would have been for me but it was too powerful for my style. I have heard complaints about elbow pain after playing with this racquet however so would be wary. I only played with it for about an hour and didn't feel anything. But it was kind of creepy how stable and comfortable the LM is considering its weight. You got ask ask what is absorbing the impact shock.

galain
02-20-2004, 04:38 AM
It's my elbow that's been doing the complaining!

Strange - I would have said completely the opposite, although I was using the LM O/S, not the mid plus. I found it lightweight, tinny, unstable and it felt cheap. I'm prepared to accept that I thought it unstable because I have a continental grip on my forehand - but I really didn't care for it.

BUT

it performed well at net. For all it's faults it was quite maneuverable. Spin isn't a huge part of my game but it seemed fine to me.

The PC Zylon was much nicer to hit with. I thought it was fairly stable and had a nice cushioned response. Not a great deal of feedback though. Serving was not a strong point but groundies were solid. Again - spin was fine for me, but I hit a fairly flat ball. Volleys - not as good as the LM - I'd say due to lack of feedback. This is my regular hitting partners frame and he loves it. A bit light for me, but much more solid feeling than the LM.

Why aren't you playing with your F200 Benjamin?? And if you can demo a PK 5G as well, you should.

:wink:

Cheers

galain