PDA

View Full Version : Trading my Ektelon D for a Tennis Tutor Ball Machine

dak95_00
04-13-2012, 07:49 AM
What do you guys think?

My Ektelon has the H upgrade package so it is good for nearly any racquet. I only ever have trouble w/ the giant racquets (over 110) and fan pattern racquets. I'd say my machine is in good shape but it isn't perfect. Are any machines this old perfect?

The ball machine is a Tennis Tutor Prolite. I haven't seen it but I'm lead to believe it is in good shape. He hasn't used it for a season or so.

Is this a fair trade? I don't want to rip anyone off; especially since, I play on a team with this guy in the summer. He offered the trade. I'm going to take it over to his house tonight and show him how to string a racquet.

I have no use for a ball machine but feel I can sell it to a larger population than the stringer and probably for more money. He says he hasn't used it in a couple of years.

I used to own a TT ball machine and know the ins and outs of repairing them/replacing the battery, charger, etc. I currently have a SP ball machine.

I no longer need the stringer due to my newer upgrade; a Prince P-200:)

I told him about the Wise and he says he might buy one of those for it too. Does this seem economical to you guys? According to Wise, it was made for this sort of machine. That would be my only real complaint about the Model D/H; it has trouble pulling tension on big racquets due to its short arm. It has no difficulties mounting any size racquet. I've done Head Flexpoint 10 (121 sq in and fan pattern = yuck!) racquets on it along w/ Wilson K Zero (118 w/ fan pattern).

David 110
04-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Not sure about the trade value, but the tension arm length can easily be extended by a competent local welder. My Model D arm was extended about 1 inch and it handles oversize racquets OK. A 2 to 3 inch extension would probably be better and would certainly be able to pull tension on any size racquet.