PDA

View Full Version : Grommet shipping policy

Automatix
04-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello,
I've got a question which involves the latest policy of some companies concerning shipping outside the USA.

TW states on their site that they cannot ship e.g. Wilson Sports products. Does this policy include grommets?

Getting grommets in my country is close to impossible. Most distributors state that I can just buy a new racquet... no comment. I've bought almost all my grommets from Tennis Warehouse but now when many companies joined the band wagon (Babolat, Head, Wilson, Prince, Tecnifibre) it simply makes no sense to buy these racquets if you won't be able to get grommets for them.

I have nothing against the policy itself it's just the product accessibility isn't the same depending on country.

I would appreciate if you could answer the question (bolded).

Thanks in advance.

Dave M
04-15-2012, 10:38 AM
I've found this, for example wilson UK say the pro staff mid grommet (and the racquet for that matter) have not recently been produced and even with the id code on the bag can't be found.TWE said they were not getting them so i'd like to know if ther eis a way around this.

TW Staff
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
@Automatix,

All products from Babolat, Wilson, and Prince can't be shipped overseas, including grommets. We're sorry about this but we just have to stick with the policy. If you're in Poland (like your location suggests), I would suggest looking for products you need through TWEU (you probably already figured this out) because they're able to ship those brands to you that we can only ship within the US. I apologize again.

Siobhan, TW

Automatix
04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
There is no need to apologize because it's not up to you and I understand that.
TW USA will just have a lower income and we, international customers, won't have the chance to buy certain products which are unavailable here. A lose-lose situation.

Regarding TW Europe.
With all due respect TW Europe doesn't have a selection of products as wide as TW USA. Additionally price wise it is not competitive.
Also I find it funny that the cheapest shipping option from the USA is cheaper than the cheapest one in Europe. Sending merchandise over the Atlantic is cheaper then shipping it to a neighbouring country?

I know Wilson, Prince or whatever company won't care if they lose some clients. But IMHO it would sure teach them a lesson if the customers would cease to buy their products.

Never the less thank you for the quick response and as I mentioned before I don't blame TW, I blame the companies which enforce such idiotic policies.

ollinger
04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
^^ yes, the very cheapest shipping options from the US to Europe are cheaper than shipping within Europe because the cheapest trans-Atlantic option is by ship, which is considerably cheaper than by air. (Also more energy efficient, chrischris, so a New Yorker is making a smaller carbon footprint by drinking French wine, usually shipped by ship, than by drinking California wine).

000KFACTOR90000
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
@Automatix,

All products from Babolat, Wilson, and Prince can't be shipped overseas, including grommets. We're sorry about this but we just have to stick with the policy. If you're in Poland (like your location suggests), I would suggest looking for products you need through TWEU (you probably already figured this out) because they're able to ship those brands to you that we can only ship within the US. I apologize again.

Siobhan, TW

Are you sure about Prince Siobhan? I can't see any notice on the Prince racquet page.

On the face of it looks like Prince is fine to ship internationally.

EDIT:- No notice of limited shipping on the Babolat page anymore, cmon tennis warehouse at least keep international consumers informed !

Bobby Jr
04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
@Automatix,

All products from Babolat, Wilson, and Prince can't be shipped overseas, including grommets
The whole export restriction thing is just ludicrous really. Think about it... I ordered grommets from TW previously for about $7. Suddenly they're not available anymore. What happened in the meantime?

I checked about sourcing them locally... They said they'll cost $30-35. That's 4 to 5 times the price. I also got the "we have cheaper ones for new models"... Kind of limp offer when you use a Wilson PS85.

I can kind of understand racquets having export restrictions as they're the main products but something an inane as a $7 grommet? It achieves little except providing Wilson importers the free-for-all to screw over local customers. As a matter of principle I would buy from an online auction site than buy from my local Wilson agent - so they lose either way. #fail

This kind of protectionism rarely works for any length of time and usually just inspires people to shop around elsewhere until someone recognises and caters to the demand in the market. It's not at all Tennis Warehouse's fault but as a pretty large supplier of Wilson goods who do a lot of overseas order you'd think they could go back to Wilson and say "we still want to ship peripherals like grommets". What difference does it really make in the scheme of things?