PDA

View Full Version : hybrid on one piece racquet?

DBrickshaw
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
So i got a racquet that is supposed to be strung with 1 piece. Would turning it into a 2 piece be as simple as making a grommet hole or 2 wider for tie offs?

Or would it mess up the racquet?

jim e
04-15-2012, 08:47 PM
So i got a racquet that is supposed to be strung with 1 piece. Would turning it into a 2 piece be as simple as making a grommet hole or 2 wider for tie offs?

Or would it mess up the racquet?

Post the make and model of the racquet,as I can then help you better.

DBrickshaw
04-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Fischer m speed pro no. 1

jim e
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Fischer m speed pro no. 1

There is Fischer
M Pro No. one 105 (SL)
M Pro No. one 105 (UL)
M Pro No. one 98 (SL)
M Pro No. One 98 (UL)

DBrickshaw
04-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah. 98 UL. Thanks for the help btw

jim e
04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah. 98 UL. Thanks for the help btw

This is pattern for that racquet, and it can be strung as 1 or 2 piece as listed:The grommets should be okay for you to string as is, just tie the M's off at 6H, and tie the crosses at 7H and 7T. note H = head of racquet, and T = throat.

Fischer M Pro No. One 98 (UL)
Tension: 45-65
Pattern:1620
Start M's: H
Main Skips: 8T & 8H
Len. 1pc 38'
Short Side 10'
Len. 2pc 20'x19'
Tie Off M's 6H
Start 1pc X 8H
Last 1pc X 8T
Tie 1pc X 7T
Start 2pc X 8H
Last 2pc X 8T
Tie 2pc X 7H,7T

DBrickshaw
04-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Ok thanks. I'll probably try it when i get some cheap string and some time to mess around with it lol. Tried it once before but couldnt figure it out

jim e
04-16-2012, 05:14 AM
Ok thanks. I'll probably try it when i get some cheap string and some time to mess around with it lol. Tried it once before but couldnt figure it out

Most of my string jobs are 2 piece as all the hybrid stringing requests and less handling with nat. gut, and some racquets where even ATW is not advised.

I do string natural one piece racquets as one piece when there is no hybrid request.

With your racquet the main strings end at the head of the racquet, this is what I call a natural one piece racquet, as it is very simple to string as a one piece, stringing cross strings top to bottom without using an ATW pattern.

This racquet can easily be strung as 2 piece as well, tie offs are listed in above pattern listed.It really should not take any more time than doing a one piece.I would not waste time and $ using a cheap string just to see if it can be done, as you will then just have a racquet with a string that you do not care for. Just use the hybrid that you want, and string it up. There really should not be any issues.

If you feel better about it you can always take an awl, and open up the listed tie off grommets slightly and then you will be assured that the string will go through if that was your previous issue. Good luck. Jim

BTW, if you do open up the grommet a little, use some chap stick or similar item on the awl to lube it up and gently twist it in as that does make it easier to place the second string to tie off.

If you practice with just a cheap string, you are really wasting time and the $ on a worthless cheap string that you will just cut out anyways. Just follow the pattern I listed above.

DBrickshaw
04-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Ok so im looking at the racquet now and the way it is i wont be able to start the crosses at 7 h. So just make that hole a little wider and im good to go?

jim e
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Ok so im looking at the racquet now and the way it is i wont be able to start the crosses at 7 h. So just make that hole a little wider and im good to go?

You start the 2 pc. crosses at 8H but the tie off is at 7H so the 7H is the grommet that you would enlargen if you wish to do so to make it easier to tie knot at 7H

DBrickshaw
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Ok thanks. Ill give it a try. Seems simple enough

DBrickshaw
05-09-2012, 05:23 PM
So i finally got around to restringing and tryin a hybrid. I bought new grommets and these were wider where you said to tie the crosses. The grommets were actually too wide for the hole so i had to use a file to make the hole on the racquet bigger. That whole process was a pain but yeah it was as simple as tying where you were sayin. And it worked so im good haha

jim e
05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
So i finally got around to restringing and tryin a hybrid. I bought new grommets and these were wider where you said to tie the crosses. The grommets were actually too wide for the hole so i had to use a file to make the hole on the racquet bigger. That whole process was a pain but yeah it was as simple as tying where you were sayin. And it worked so im good haha

Wow.
I never had to modify a racquet to make a set of new grommets fit before. Just a good persuasion with an awl to get some tight ones in, but I never had to do any modification like you did?? Then again I never changed out grommets on a Fischer racquet before either.

DBrickshaw
05-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow.
I never had to modify a racquet to make a set of new grommets fit before. Just a good persuasion with an awl to get some tight ones in, but I never had to do any modification like you did?? Then again I never changed out grommets on a Fischer racquet before either.

I might have bought a fake fischer so that might be why haha. i had a hunch before and this kinda points to it bein fake. i like how it plays tho so whatevs :P