PDA

View Full Version : Tennis shoe issue from TW order

Bobby Jr
04-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I sent an email but got no response so will try here.

I bought a pair of the on-sale Vapor 9s which arrived last week. I noticed that one of the laces is already frayed near the aglet (that plastic thing on the ends). It's not really a major issue really but has already started to get worse after only 3 times wearing them. In weeks they'll have fallen apart. If they were white laces it would be no issue but they're not - they're a particular green colour which wont be easy to find/replace.

Help please? Could TW ask their Nike rep for another pair of laces or replace them when I do another order?

drumnman2
04-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Put a drop of glue or clear finger nail polish on it to stop the fraying ?

Seth
04-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Singe the end with a lighter.

JLyon
04-17-2012, 06:34 AM
how about use a phone an call Customer Service?

Bobby Jr
04-17-2012, 07:07 AM
It's not a major issue, as I said from the outset. I'd have thought it would be simple enough for them to source a pair (for free no doubt from Nike) and just add them into my next order. They're probably onto the case already - no panic.

TW Staff
04-17-2012, 10:57 AM
From our Customer Service Department:

"Unfortunately, Tennis Warehouse does not carry extra shoelaces that can be shipped separately. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

The only shoelaces we receive from the manufacturers are the ones that are included in the shoeboxes. We are unable to obtain an extra set of shoelaces."

Jason, TW

gavna
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Singe the end with a lighter.

My god......based on the title of the post I was expecting some big deal.....instead we get posts about the lace fraying??????? :shock:
not a weeee bit anal are we?:???:

Bobby Jr
04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
My god......based on the title of the post I was expecting some big deal.....instead we get posts about the lace fraying??????? :shock:
not a weeee bit anal are we?:???:
When you buy something new it's pretty reasonable to expect it works and looks as intended. As I said above, were they white (or black) laces it would be irrelevant as replacement would be simple - but they're not. They're a particular colour which matches the shoe and the source of the shoe seemed the most practical first avenue to address it. Ergo my post.

If a shirt came with a button missing or a racquet with one throat grommet missing would you still ask whether it was too anal to complain about? Doubt it.

gavna
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
It's a shoe lace.......u guys kill me:):):).

Sill anal