cross 17 ft

start main at H
tie off mains at 6 H
start cross at 7 H
tie off cross at 11 T

or something like that....

Irvin
04-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Sounds right but you are pushing on the length. If there is any poly string (low stretch) I would make the string 1' longer.

msalamon
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
thanks Irvin!

so I usually do poly mains(weiss cannon b5e)
and synth cross(Mantis comfort)

the pattern I gave if what I use for BB Londons- So I can use the same exact pattern?

Dags
04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
What you wrote can't be correct. The reason I know this is that if you start the mains at the head and have 18 mains, they'll finish at the throat (9 each side - an odd number means you'll finish at the opposite end you started). I understand you were just using it as an example, but that's the logic behind it.

Are all PT57A's mid-plus? If so you start the mains at the top. Main tie-offs are 7B. Cross tie-offs are 6T and 12B. If you have a paint job from Microgel onwards, they're marked on the frame. The tie-off grommets are also wider.

I use 20' for the mains and 18' for the crosses, but it's worth noting that my tension head is quite close to the mounting system. The mains in particular are quite tight - if in doubt, use 21'.

In case the racquet is a mid: start mains at the top, main tie-offs are 9B, cross tie-offs are 6T and 7B.

msalamon
04-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks Dags--yeah I was using my London (which is a 16 x 19) just as an example of what I'm looking for. I want to know string lengths , where to start mains (looks like it will in throat), where to tie off mains, where to start cross, and where to tie off cross.

the PT57A should be 98 sq in head

Thanks,

Dags
04-18-2012, 02:41 PM
where to start mains (looks like it will in throat)

If this is the case, then it is different from the pattern I listed above (I had a TGK 238.1 in my hand at the time, which I assumed would be the same). There's an easy way to check which end it starts:

- Count the number of grommets in the throat (it is likely to be 6 or 8 ).
- Divide by 2.
- If the answer is EVEN, you start at the head. If it is ODD, you start at the throat.

msalamon
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
If this is the case, then it is different from the pattern I listed above (I had a TGK 238.1 in my hand at the time, which I assumed would be the same). There's an easy way to check which end it starts:

- Count the number of grommets in the throat (it is likely to be 6 or 8 ).
- Divide by 2.
- If the answer is EVEN, you start at the head. If it is ODD, you start at the throat.

OK-so there are 8 holes in the throat-which should indicate that I start mains at the head

three.dee
11-05-2014, 05:08 AM
This a great thread, I need ot know this too. So what is the stringing pattern for a PT57A after all?
I need to know exactly what to tell the guy that strings it, because I don't undertsand anything from it :-).

Sparkyovcov
11-05-2014, 06:40 AM
What does pt57a stand for?

Wes
11-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Thus far, no one has made mention of what the main skips are supposed to be (assuming there are some).
Now, I'm not sure what the skips are/would be - but just didn't want the skips to be an oversight that nobody thought to bring up either.
Seems germane to the conversation. Anyone have the info.?

M's skip 7H,9H/7T,9T?
No skips/shared holes?

esgee48
11-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Shouldn't the pattern be the same as the radical MP? If not that, than it could be patterned after the Prestige MP. The manner you can tell is to look at the grommets near the top and bottom that are angled up or down. This should tell you the skips.

BTW, if you have a PT57A, take note of what mains are skipped when it comes back from the stringer. 2 cents.

struggle
11-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Shouldn't the pattern be the same as the radical MP? If not that, than it could be patterned after the Prestige MP. The manner you can tell is to look at the grommets near the top and bottom that are angled up or down. This should tell you the skips.

BTW, if you have a PT57A, take note of what mains are skipped when it comes back from the stringer. 2 cents.

either pattern should work