PDA

View Full Version : Prestrung Speedport Pro White comes with stretched head?

badbounce
04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I have noticed that prestrung Speedport Pro White comes with stretched head. After strings are cut out head compresses (becomes shorter and wider by couple of milimetres). Strung again head shape remains the same as unstrung.
Anyone else noticed this?
I don't know whether Prince stretches head on purpose or this was just a ''bad'' string job. I say ''bad'' because my prestrung racquet plays much better than restrung one.
How the racquet should be strung to restore its prestrung shape?

esgee48
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
String your crosses 4-5# tighter than the mains.

86golf
04-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I have noticed that prestrung Speedport Pro White comes with stretched head. After strings are cut out head compresses (becomes shorter and wider by couple of milimetres). Strung again head shape remains the same as unstrung.
Anyone else noticed this?
I don't know whether Prince stretches head on purpose or this was just a ''bad'' string job. I say ''bad'' because my prestrung racquet plays much better than restrung one.
How the racquet should be strung to restore its prestrung shape?

The whole idea of the mount is to preserve the unstrung shape as much as possible. Sure a mm or two isn't uncommon, but you shouldn't purposefully try to manipulate the shape of the head during stringing. I can't answer why it would play better deformed unless the overall string bed stiffness was different which is likely.