PDA

View Full Version : Are You Going to Review the Prince EXO3 Red 105?

USS Tang
04-20-2012, 08:48 AM
I know there are a lot of new rackets out there to review, but couldn't you get around to some of the over-size Prince rackets?

TW Staff
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
USS Tang,

Unfortunately, we are not going to review the Prince EXO3 Red 105. We did however review the Prince EXO3 Silver 115 and it got rave reviews.

Check it out below:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/PEXS15/PEXS15Review.html

Brittany, TW

USS Tang
04-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Why aren't you going to review the Prince Red 105? Certainly, there must be an explanation. You review practically every Wilson and Head racket under the sun. Is there some feeling on your part that Prince is no longer a viable racket maker?

ollinger
04-21-2012, 06:37 AM
1) Recent generations of the racquet, such as the 03 Red and Speedport, were reviewed. Very few racquets, other than very popular iconic frames such as the Pure Drives and Wilson 6.1, are reviewed in every generation.
2) Larger head, lighter weight frames are reviewed less often, perhaps because the audience for these frames may be a bit less discriminating with regard to specific performance parameters.
3) Prince is based in New Jersey, and, notwithstanding Springsteen, Bon Jovi and Jon Stewart being natives, a condescension towards New Jersey persists incredibly to this day.
4) Too many racquets, too little time.
5) This may be the only racquet JackB1 is NOT considering buying.

USS Tang
04-21-2012, 09:02 AM
You put forth good reasons, Ollinger, to explain the intended absence of any review for the Prince EXO3 Red 105. Two questions: (1) who is JackB1? and (2) why won't he (you) buy the racket? I am very interested in getting some other perspectives on this particular frame, especially because I bought it from Tennis Warehouse and paid a lot for it. Before I buy another, I would like to know about perceived defects or deficiencies. Thanks.