PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas 700 & wise

Nojoke
04-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I currently have a gamma x-2. A friend has offered me an eagnas 700 for free. He said the crank needs a $10 part to be fully functional. Is this machine worthy of a wise upgrade? I prefer constant pull, if that matters. Going electronic obviously is enticing. The clamp slide bars worry me a bit. Are the clamps good? Is this a decent enough machine to upgrade?

Thanks.

Squidward
04-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Take it, spend $10 to fix it and then give it a go. I've been using glide bars for nearly 20 years with out issue. You shouldn't be worried as long as the tolerances are good and nothing is bent or out of alignment.

I know there is some issue with Eagnas quality, but for a $10 investment, why not give'm a try??

Nojoke
04-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Take it, spend $10 to fix it and then give it a go. I've been using glide bars for nearly 20 years with out issue. You shouldn't be worried as long as the tolerances are good and nothing is bent or out of alignment.

I know there is some issue with Eagnas quality, but for a $10 investment, why not give'm a try??

Good info. I was a bit unclear. Would it be worth it to remove the crank and add a Wise electronic tension head? I know people are very happy with the Wise, but i was unsure if it would work well with this brand and type of stringer.

Or is that putting lipstick on a pig?

esgee48
04-21-2012, 05:57 AM
I would get the Eagnas up and running before considering investing in a Wise.

You can almost replicate the feel of CP if you tension each string twice before continuing onwards. Once you are familiar with the machine, then and only then would I consider getting the Wise.

Irvin
04-21-2012, 06:41 AM
If you feel the Wise is something you want and would not replace later I would say go for it. Later if you want to upgrade the stringer you can.

SoCal10s
04-21-2012, 06:55 AM
years ago I got an Eagnas machine because it looked good in pictures .. after using it for a while ,I got rid of it ASAP and got a used Ektelon ...some machines just feels like a cheap knock-off and Eagnas is that.. if you are going to string a lot of rackets ,invest in a solid machine that will last ,you won't regret the investment..

PBODY99
04-22-2012, 11:28 AM
$10.00 and some time then you can decide if you want a Wise. If a glide system works, they last. I ave one that is 25 years young.

levy1
04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
I added a Wise to my used 910 and love it. I would never buy anything new from them if I can help it because of their customer service.