PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Power out of business?

Player 1
04-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Hey guys I wanted to check out the MP website today but it said the site was under construction but I don't know how long its been like that.

Anyone know if they are coming back or not?
I bought a machine from them and I was actually looking to download a manual or something if they had it online.

sstchur
04-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Hey guys I wanted to check out the MP website today but it said the site was under construction but I don't know how long its been like that.

Anyone know if they are coming back or not?
I bought a machine from them and I was actually looking to download a manual or something if they had it online.

Been down for a long time now. Not sure when it went "under construction" but it's been that way for at least a few months.

I emailed James (still have his email) to see if he will be willing to send a link to the manuals in PDF. This is, of course, assuming he still checks the email and is in business.

fortun8son
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Is it my imagination, or are Mutual Power, Eagnas, and Pro's Pro the same machines?

dancraig
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Is it my imagination, or are Mutual Power, Eagnas, and Pro's Pro the same machines?

As I recall, and we used to discuss this stuff a lot in here, Eagnas and Pro's Pro are the same. Both made by Lily Lee.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/archive/index.php/t-208733.html

mad dog1
04-24-2012, 03:11 PM

Lily Lee is the OEM for alot of companies.

Player 1
04-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Been down for a long time now. Not sure when it went "under construction" but it's been that way for at least a few months.

I emailed James (still have his email) to see if he will be willing to send a link to the manuals in PDF. This is, of course, assuming he still checks the email and is in business.

Cool, thanks.

Anyone else have any news on this company at all? I feel like I made a mistake purchasing this machine now.

sstchur
04-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Cool, thanks.

Anyone else have any news on this company at all? I feel like I made a mistake purchasing this machine now.

Which machine did you get? Are you having problems with it? I used to own a Titan 7700 and never had any issues with it. I upgraded just because I wanted more features, but the 7700 itself was fine.

I don't have any news on the company unfortunately. I sent James and email. It didn't bounce, but I didn't get a reply either :-(

Player 1
04-28-2012, 05:59 PM
I have a hercules 750 and I need to recalibrate the machine. its off by 4 pounds. Plus I have this issue where if I put the string anywhere close to the inner half of the string gripper it starts to slip.

jim e
04-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I have a hercules 750 and I need to recalibrate the machine. its off by 4 pounds. Plus I have this issue where if I put the string anywhere close to the inner half of the string gripper it starts to slip.

A big reason why many strings slip in a clamp is not keeping the clamp/ gripper clean. I'm not saying that is your issue, but you may wish to check to be sure it is clean.

Overheadsmash
04-28-2012, 06:30 PM
A big reason why many strings slip in a clamp is not keeping the clamp/ gripper clean. I'm not saying that is your issue, but you may wish to check to be sure it is clean.

Rubbing alcohol and a q tip or soak a thin rag in alcohol and wrap it around a credit card and insert into into the clamp and clean it that way. Works wonders.

jim e
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Rubbing alcohol and a q tip or soak a thin rag in alcohol and wrap it around a credit card and insert into into the clamp and clean it that way. Works wonders.

A white shoelace soaked in alcohol works good as well.