PDA

View Full Version : Prince Exo Silver broke on stringer

86golf
04-22-2012, 08:37 AM
A four mo old Exo Silver broke while I was tying off the mains. It broke at the 9 o'clock position on a six point mount with an electronic tension head at 61 lbs. anyone else experience this?
Prince replaced the racquet no questions asked but the customer was frustrated. I see not fault on my end. I rechecked my stringer and have strung dozens since with no problems.

Irvin
04-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Very good reason to check the racket before stringing, not to say you didn't

jim e
04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
^^ I agree with Irvin's comment above.
Look over the racquets real close when you 1st receive them.
A few times I have received cracked racquets, and fortunately each time I noticed this before the strings were cut out, let the customer know so the customer knew it was given to me that way. Always best to check the racquet over real close before anything else is done.No frustrated customer this way, and they deal with the manuf. if there is issues.
Not only check over for fractures, but look at the grommets both before and after you cut out the strings to be sure the grommets are in good shape as well.

KerryR
04-23-2012, 06:15 AM
I broke a Red 105 at a deep scratch/gouge that spanned the thinnest parts of a side port. Just another reason I resent O-port rackets...

Wikky
04-23-2012, 06:29 AM
I've seen 5 racquets break while being simply hit with or being strung and 4/5 of them were prince o3's / exo3s...... probably just a coincidence.

nalvarado
04-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Snapped my Speedport black at the throat on a normal overhead, no framing involved.

fortun8son
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I have seen a new Exo racquetball frame break at the small frame piece that supports the Exo bridge @ 9 o'clock.
And that's only 35 lbs tension!