PDA

View Full Version : Did My Club Stringer Make a Mistake?

winstonplum
04-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Let me preface this by stating that I know absolutely nothing about how to string a racquet. I took my two Microgel Prestiges down to my club today to have them strung. I use a hybrid--poly on the mains at 52 and a syn gut on the crosses at 56. When I picked up the racquet I noticed that on one of the racquets the mains were tied-off down by the throat where the racquet has printed "tie-off cross" and two holes above it the cross is tied-off where the racquet has printed "tie-off main." I can tell which string is which because of their different colors.

My question is, Does it matter that she tied them off in different spots from what's printed on the racquet? Will it affect the play of the strings? I noticed my two Princes don't even have printed on them anything about tie-offs?

TNIipc2731500
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah I have been stringing for over 6 years, and there is no problem with tying off at different grommets. It has no big negative effects on the racquet or game. The stringer must of used around the world pattern, or he did the last main second to last and same with the crosses.

Irvin
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I assume you have 18x20 Prestige Mids. I think after the stringer strung the first one wrong he found out how difficult it was and figured it out on the second one. It should not effect play.

The problem is you will have two strings blocking 8T if you tie off the mains at 7T.

mad dog1
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah I have been stringing for over 6 years, and there is no problem with tying off at different grommets. It has no big negative effects on the racquet or game. The stringer must of used around the world pattern, or he did the last main second to last and same with the crosses.

interesting, there's an ATW pattern for 2 piece stringing? :shock:

winstonplum
04-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, 18 x 20 mid. Thanks for the feedback.