PDA

View Full Version : Feet, too much friction... burning during long rallies

PHSTennis
05-02-2004, 12:36 PM
When we get to about 3-4 ball rallies me feet gets very hot... burning. Its worst than wearing no shoes walking on a hot sunny day on cement. I wear Barricade II and socks.. I just got some... that seemed to be double but after I wore them for a day it got thin. My footwork is crazy, I go through barricades in less than 4 months. Are there thermo socks or whatever? Should I wear 2 socks? Need help... I hop around then they burn ... :) Thanks

i.Radical
05-03-2004, 05:58 PM
I also feel the same sensation and was looking for some advice...

After a while of intense tennis, my feet burn up and it hurts to walk around. Every step is a pain.

perfmode
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Ice in ur socks. It may hurt at first but u'll get used to it.

PHSTennis
05-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Put it in water then the freezer... what happens when it melts... yuck! :roll:

Kobble
05-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Using those spandex like socks made by Starter will help with that. It helped relieve some of the foot pain from long rallys for me

Brent Pederson
05-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Double check the kind of socks you're using. Using cotton socks can cause this problem. The best are the thorlo type, which are mostly a poly blend, with minimal cotton. The cotton creates too much friction on your skin.

A couple of other tips. Use plenty of fabric softener on your socks when washing to keep them soft. And try using vaseline on your feet to keep them smooth and help prevent friction from your skin with the socks.

Ronaldo
05-06-2004, 10:33 AM
PHS, those sock recommendations are fine but if your feet are hot from poor shoe ventilation, you need to find a pair with a nylon upper that breathes or those Adidas Clima-Cool shoes. Know a player who perspires so badly he can POUR the sweat out of his shoes. Walks across the court and leaves wet footprints. He wears those old Adidas Rod Laver green and white shoes with a nylon upper.

vin
05-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Get Thorlo socks! I was getting blisters and Thorlo socks completely eliminated the problem. Just the other day I went out to hit serves and wore normal socks because I didn't expect to do much running. Someone asked me to hit and my feet ended up burning just as you described. This has never happened with Thorlo socks and I've played many grueling 3 set matches with them.

Vin

YEMntFtb
05-10-2004, 06:41 PM
thorlo socks are pretty good - but I like nike socks, thicker socks usually burn my feet, the nike ones are thin and dont burn

PHSTennis
05-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Ventilation? I have Barricade 2, its ventilated like a car ;) I'll try thorlos.