PDA

View Full Version : Bad customer service TWE

terg
04-25-2012, 02:10 AM
This is the story.

I bought the Head IG PP a month ago. Last week the cap broke on the top.
I contacted TWE because i think this should not happen with a racquet like this.
They suggested to send the racquet to them, and they would send it to the manufacturer to have it looked at.I would have to wait between 4-6 weeks.
Since i can't miss the racquet that long i bought a replacement cap and suggested TWE would pay the 8 euro it cost.
But they don't accept that and told me to send the racquet to them.
Since it will cost me 8 euro to send it to hem, and i'll have to wait for it 4-6 weeks. I won't be doing that.
But i find it very strange that TWE couldn't come with a better solution.

TWE Staff
04-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Hello terg,
sorry to hear about your experience and the problems with the cap on your new Head Prestige Pro.
We could offer to send you a free return label by mail and exchange the cap on your racquet. This way the racquet you should have the racquet back within a week and weŽll send the defective cap to Head for checking.
If this is ok with you please send a email with your postal adress and the order number for the Head Prestige to: timo@tenniswarehouse-europe.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

terg
04-25-2012, 08:53 AM
The issue has been solved.
Thanks TWE

kimbahpnam
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
anybody could tamper with their own CAP and request a new free one. I'm not saying you did, but I know if it were me I would like to see evidence of a faulty CAP before sending a new one.

Fearsome Forehand
04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
First faulty CAP grommet in history? How the heck does a CAP break on its own? Never heard of that before.

Did the CAP grommet break or the butt cap? Either way rather unusual if the racket was not abused.

scotus
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
This is the story.

I bought the Head IG PP a month ago. Last week the cap broke on the top.
I contacted TWE because i think this should not happen with a racquet like this.
They suggested to send the racquet to them, and they would send it to the manufacturer to have it looked at.I would have to wait between 4-6 weeks.
Since i can't miss the racquet that long i bought a replacement cap and suggested TWE would pay the 8 euro it cost.
But they don't accept that and told me to send the racquet to them.
Since it will cost me 8 euro to send it to hem, and i'll have to wait for it 4-6 weeks. I won't be doing that.
But i find it very strange that TWE couldn't come with a better solution.

Just another brat who would cry foul until he gets what he wants.

If the racquet is defective, that's bet you and the manufacturer. Why would you ask TWE to pay your bill? If you send it in to TWE, they would be saving you the international delivery cost to ship the racquet to the manufacturer.

If you want the convenience of being able to bring your racquet in for service, buy from your local tennis shop.

terg
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
This is not the first cap of the new IG series that breaks.
I've seen some come by before. I've never abused my racquets and i didn't do so in this case.

I asked TWE since they are responsible for the product and NOT the manufacturer. I bought the product from them and NOT from the manufacturer.

scotus
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I asked TWE since they are responsible for the product and NOT the manufacturer. I bought the product from them and NOT from the manufacturer.

That's where you're wrong.

As an authorized dealer, TWE may serve as a liaison bet you and the manufacturer, but they still need to get warranty approvals from the manufacturer.

Which means, you must first of all ship the racquet back.

terg
04-25-2012, 03:04 PM

As an authorized dealer, TWE may serve as a liaison bet you and the manufacturer, but they still need to get warranty approvals from the manufacturer.

I think that's where you're wrong. According to the dutch law i have a agreement with TWE and not with the manufacturer. They have to sell me a decent product. That works flawless for the lifetime you can expect for such a product. In this case i think a racquet should at least have a lifetime of 2 years.
But nevermind. It's solved now!

terg
04-25-2012, 03:07 PM

I bet you're american. In europe the law is much more in favor of the consumer.

Fearsome Forehand
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Just curious. The CAP grommet broke? Was it the head guard part or the grommet(s). I agree, in the absence of racket abuse, that should not occur.

Head has a history of grommet problems (the white grommets of the late 1980's players rackets for one). They will disintegrate on their own over time even if unused. I have not heard of CAP grommets breaking.

In the USA, it would pretty much be up to the discretion of the retailer. Many would take it back and replace the frame if there are no signs of racket abuse. Some will make the buyer deal directly with the manufacturer.

scotus
04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
I think that's where you're wrong. According to the dutch law i have a agreement with TWE and not with the manufacturer. They have to sell me a decent product. That works flawless for the lifetime you can expect for such a product. In this case i think a racquet should at least have a lifetime of 2 years.
But nevermind. It's solved now!

I am not familiar with how commerce is governed between countries within the EU but I am under the impression that TWE is not located in the Netherlands and is not bound by the Dutch laws.

I am an American but my German and French friends seem much more impressed with return policies and satisfaction guarantees offered by American retailers like Costco, Target, etc, compared to what they get in Europe.

Too bad most tennis racquets do not carry satisfaction guarantees.

terg
04-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Just curious. The CAP grommet broke? Was it the head guard part or the grommet(s). I agree, in the absence of racket abuse, that should not occur.

Head has a history of grommet problems (the white grommets of the late 1980's players rackets for one). They will disintegrate on their own over time even if unused. I have not heard of CAP grommets breaking.

In the USA, it would pretty much be up to the discretion of the retailer. Many would take it back and replace the frame if there are no signs of racket abuse. Some will make the buyer deal directly with the manufacturer.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5213/dsc02645kl.jpg

Torres
04-26-2012, 03:52 AM
The new CAP grommets seem to be made from a more brittle plastic compared to the old style black CAP grommets. They seem to splinter more easily.

In most countries, the retailer will have primary responsibility for the item under that country's applicable sale of goods legislation, as the contract of sale is between the customer and retailer, not between the customer and the manufactuer.

That said, most retailers will have warranty/idemnity arrangements directly with the manufacturer, who most probably will simply replace the racquet or the individual grommet.

I suspect that Head will at some stage change the materials used to make the CAP grommets, otherwise this is going to happen alot - you only have to dig out a low ball for the racquet to make contact with the ground.

terg
04-26-2012, 04:58 AM
I know TWE can't do anything about it but HEAD quality is getting more ridiculous.

When i bought the 3 IG Prestige Pro's i had the feeling all grips felt different.
I was just changing the pallets from TK82 to TK82S and now i see what's the problem.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/120/dsc02646r.jpg

The handle bar where you can put on the pallets aren't equal, so there's a huge gap on one handle between the pallets.
Comeon HEAD do something about this!!!
Is there a HEAD rep on this board?

Fearsome Forehand
04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5213/dsc02645kl.jpg

If that happened in normal use, yes, that is a big problem.

As far as the pallet/handle problem, it would have been interesting if you had measured the circumference of the molded handles. I would suspect a difference in the pallets but maybe it is the handles. Either way, not good.

scotus
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
The quality of plastic or polyurethane the racquet companies use has gone down.

Recently I have had premature grommet cracks with both Volkl and Vantage.

Having said this, it is unreasonable for the OP to buy a replacement CAP grommet on his own somewhere and ask TWE to pay his bill without following the TWE's instructions.

He needed to send the racquet in to TWE, who was nice enough to provide free shipping both ways. This would, of course, take time but this is why serious players, even at recreation level, have multiple racquets.

marlinspike
04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
How was this TWE's problem? Seems like Head's problem to me.

TWE Staff
04-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi,
since the original problem is now solved I think we can close this thread.
Thanks everybody.
Stefan/TWE