PDA

View Full Version : My EAGNAS BROKE!

roperteacher
04-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Middle of a string job ( I have a drop weight machine) and the part of the tensioner ( WHere the adjustment rod comes out and also holds the gripper) just gave way. Now its Free spinning instead of only going one direction. Can't pull tension! Any ideas???

10isbum
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Not sure if this is your problem but have a Alpha drop weight that has a clutch spring that when the tab breaks, the drum will spin around. Either replace the spring or in a pinch, bend a new tab but bending a new tab won't last as long as replacing with a new spring, which usually cost about $10 when purchased from Alpha.

roperteacher
04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
10 Isbum, your correct. I called the owner and he happened to be in the office. Yes, its the spring. I took it apart and tried to do as you said but the spring came off the drum so Now I have to somehow get it to them for repair. Its under warranty. Thanks!

roperteacher
04-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Anybody have a picture or a how to on replacing the spring?

gotwheels
04-29-2012, 06:20 AM
roperteacher, I can help you out; however, you do not have your e-mail activated.

roperteacher
04-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks all, the parts are in the mail back to manufacturer for repair. I'm in SO Cal so he said would only take a day. THanks!