PDA

View Full Version : Comment/suggestion about "Fit" description for apparel

Racquet Daddy
04-30-2012, 09:55 AM
TW: I appreciate you guys adding the Fit description for the apparel. Sometimes it's a crap-shoot when you're buying t-shirts and polos from brand to brand without being able to try them on. However, I still feel this is pretty subjective. Having the measurements in addition to, or in place of, the TW description of the tops would be better. When you guys say the fit is "longer than average," does that mean 29" or 31" for a medium shirt? Personally, I know that anything longer than 29" is going to be too long for my taste. Having a numerical chest length, back length, and sleeve length would be amazing. I know companies don't often include those measurements, but I have seen them in catalogs. Just a thought. Thanks!

TW Staff
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi Racquet Daddy,
Thank you for letting us know how we could improve our website! You have a great point. In fact, just recently we tried taking average measurements of different apparel items so we could define what we mean by "shorter than average, average, or longer than average" in actual measurements. Though when doing this, we found that some items with different fit descriptions had the same measurements. Some shirts that we considered to fit "shorter than average" measured the same length as some shirts that we considered "longer than average". We realized that the fit description depends on the construction of an item. The cut of a shirt (especially around the shoulders and sleeves) is going to play a role in whether it fits shorter or longer. Unfortunately because of the inconsistency, we don't list the measurements in the fit description. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

I hope this answer helps. Feel free to share anymore suggestions you might have!

Thanks,
Karly, TW

NJ1
05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
The main problem is TW's descriptions are inaccurate. For example, you say the Nadal Nike shirts have average length sleeves just as you do for the Nike UV shirts which have MUCH longer sleeves. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

BTW, is this hat also known as the Superdry hat or are they two different things? Thanks.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/lacoste/descpage.html?pcode=LMSTH

TW Staff
05-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Thank you for the feedback. We have our fit model try on the shirts and note if the fit feels awkward or out of the norm.

As far as the Lacoste hat, I don't believe that the hat we has been called the Superdry hat. It is called the Large Green Croc Poly Sport Hat by Lacoste.

Tiffani, TW

jorel
05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
the sizing thing really is annoying,..a large size from one company can fit perfctly and a large from another can make me feel like a sausage

i usually stick to one manufacturer to ensure similar sizing

kimbahpnam
05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Simple solution....add customer feedback section to apparel!

jorel
05-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Simple solution....add customer feedback section to apparel!
like.............