PDA

View Full Version : How many ft for short side?

Woolybugger
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
I want to string my Babolat Aero Pro Drive in 1-piece but I can't find any documentation that tells me how much string I need for the short side. Planning to put multifilament Addiction at 62lbs.

seekay
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Do you have instructions for two-piece stringing? It's a safe bet to make the short side half the length that you would use for the mains in a two-piece job.

If the manufacturer recommends 20' x 18', you can start with 38' with 10' on the short side.

That's an overestimate, so pay attention to how much is left over on each end and you can adjust accordingly. Exact lengths will vary depending on a number of factors, but it's not tough to figure out what's right for your string in your racquet on your machine.

Rabbit
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
You can always just pull the number of crosses through the first main +1 for your knot.

Irvin
05-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I want to string my Babolat Aero Pro Drive in 1-piece but I can't find any documentation that tells me how much string I need for the short side. Planning to put multifilament Addiction at 62lbs.

Are you using a set of string or cutting from a reel? If using a set use 5 racket lengths for the short side. I cutting from a reel use 10.5' for the short side and 38' total. Then notice how much extra you have left over and adjust the next time accordingly as 'seekay' said.

SwankPeRFection
05-01-2012, 03:07 PM
10' is usually a safe bet, but string it one and then measure what's left after each of your two tie-off's on one-piece stringing. Subtract 1 foot on each side and that should give you the exact amount you need WHILE USING THAT SPECIFIC STRING (because some will stretch less or more).

Example, I can string a SixOne 90 with 33' of string. I do 9 feet for the short side and the rest for the other side of the mains and crosses. I'm left with about a foot on the short side and a bit over that on the long side.

Litespeeds
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I use a total of 35.5' of string to do a one piece job on an APDGT. I start with 10.5'.

jim e
05-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Since you are asking for a documented source,
The pattern calls for 10' for the short side for all Babolat Aeropro Drive racquets.
The pattern also lists 39' for total length. This is from USRSA digest and they get the information from manuf.
By and large they are generous with string lengths, as some strings stretch more than others, and some machines take more than others to reach tension head.If you use sets they are approx. 40' anyways.