PDA

View Full Version : Organix V1 MP Question for Chris and Jason

Tommyj
05-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Just had a chance to play with the V1 for the first time this morning and very impressed. I'd like to add some lead tape to: i) increase head stability on off centre hits; ii) increase the swing weight. Racquet now with over grip is 304g and 3 pt HL. I'd like to add about 12-14g total, while making sure that the balance is in the range of 3-4 pt HL. Could you guys give me some guidance on a good starting point for the placement of the lead tape.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

TW Staff
05-05-2012, 11:42 AM
TommyJ,

This answer is in case Chris or Jason can't make it to you in time.

To achieve what you are looking to achieve, it looks like there are two possibilities.

To increase your overall weight 14 grams while keeping your balance point very similar and increasing swingweight by roughly 5 pts: 14 grams needs to be placed at approximately 11.4 inches from the end of the handle (as evenly as possible in the throat area).

To increase your overall weight 14 grams while keeping your balance point very similar and increasing swingweight by roughly 18 points: 7.7 grams needs to be placed 22.8 inches from the end of the handle, half on one side of the hoop, half on the opposing side. In addition, 6.3 grams must be placed 1.2 inches from the end of the handle (under the grip) to counter balance the racquet.

Also if you ever want to see some theoretical lead tape results, you can visit our racquet customization tool via our TW University.

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/customization.php

Hope this helps.

Aaron
TW Customer Service