PDA

View Full Version : Silicon in a new racquet

Rafa4Ever
05-07-2012, 06:36 AM
I purchased a wilson blx 6.1 90 from tenniswarehouse brand new and when I received it I noticed that it vibrates quite a bit more than my other two frames of the exact same racquet. I check inside the butt cap to make sure nothing was loose and when I opening it I noticed that it was filled with silicon. I was just wondering how that would have gotten there and what the issue might be. None of my other frames have that and none of them vibrate like this one. Thanks

TW Staff
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
First, check to see if you have any cracked grommets and that the bumper guard is in good shape as this could be the cause of vibration.

The handle:
This has been discussed before (I think with the PS 88 ) and it depends on the construction inside the pallet and where the cut is made to make the racquet the correct length -- so sometimes you can see it, other times you cannot.

Silicone would actually reduce vibration. However, it sounds like you have some drill flash in the racquet. If there is an opening through the If you can't get it out through the handle (if the passage is blocked) you can send it back to us. We will remove the grommets and likely get it out with a toothpick with some adhesive on it.

If that doesn't work, we would send it back to the manufacturer for replacement.

Chris, TW

Rafa4Ever
05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
I didn't feel/hear anything rattling around in the frame when I shook it. Could the drill flash even be an issue if you can't actually hear it moving around in there?