PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige MP/best power string

bluegrasser
07-30-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm a middle ager using the Prince 03 red, and i love this racket for doubles but lacks feel and touch, anyway when I first demoed the LM prestige it had great feel and touch like no other racket I've tried, but I had to swing so $#$$# hard, so I passed on the racket. My question is : can I find a * STRING* that would enlarge the sweetspot and give me enough power without swinging so hard and what tension. When I hit the sweetspot with the LM it felt so sweet. Like hitting a baseball with a wooden bat on the sweetspot.

nViATi
07-30-2005, 07:43 AM
you're more likely to get some answers in the strings & stringing forum.

Kevo
07-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Do you know what the one you played with was strung with and what tension?

bluegrasser
07-30-2005, 11:19 AM
I think it was the new Prince synthetic gut strung midrange.

hummer23
07-30-2005, 10:33 PM
try something along the lines of luxilon alu big banger, thats a powerful string that can add soem pop o your game. if you dont like poly's like that, you ar a fan of softer stirngs, try a high end multifilament, babolat premium excell, gamma livewire Xp is excellent. if you really want some extra pop on the ball, adn you are willing to pay agout 25 bucks a set of a lower class natural gut, i'd say go for that. the prestige has a tight string pattern 18x20, and it doenst chew through strigns too quickly, so gut will play very nicely in that frame for a while.

kinsella
07-31-2005, 03:42 AM
The racquet comes alive with natural gut, strung in the middle or lower part of the range. A gut hybrid is almost as good and will last a little longer (and cost less to start with). With the 18x20 pattern and the flex of the Prestige, you will get good string life, also.

If all of that is not enough pop, try the Radical or Radical Tour -- strong family resemblance, but stiffer and more powerful.

bluegrasser
07-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Much thanks for the suggestions..

Bom
08-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Try Babolat GUT if you are looking for power and control.

I personally found that proportional stringing helps increasing sweetspot and less twist for misshit.