PDA

View Full Version : I've got a LM Prestige in hand......review to follow!!!

Craig Clark
02-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I was able to procure a Head Liquid Metal Prestige Midsize frame today. 8)

Stock Specs: 12.2 oz strung w/ some non-descript synthetic. My 'tensionometer' read 45lbs. Balance was 8 points HL. 93si. 27" length.

I'm going to hit it 'stock' for a day or two and then do my customary 'tweaks' for the Prestige frames-leather grip, overgrip, lead on the head to keep the balance roughly the same, and of course re-stringing w/ Luxilon BB Rough 16.

Review to follow-a comparision of the LM Prestige mid to my beloved HPS 6.0 Tour 95.

CAC

@wright
02-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Do tell, we are all interested to hear your comments. Most of the people that have hit it said they liked it pretty well.

AAAA
02-25-2004, 01:41 AM
Can you describe the paint job? I liked the look of the i.Radical and i.Prestige but not the LM Radical.

Jerry Seinfeld
02-25-2004, 05:25 AM
I hit with the midplus version of the LM Prestige this weekend at a Demo Days here in town. I had no prior experience with any Head frames. The first stick I hit with was the LM Radical. In my opinion the LM Radical was a farce. It lacked control, consistency and feel. I was not impressed. I tried the LM Presitge with absolutely no expectations and was very pleasantly surprised. It was a very soft stick. Smooth hitting with a nice blend of power and control off the ground and excellent touch volleys. I didn't hit any serves, but I think this is clearly a stick I will demo when it arrives in April. I suspect it will generate quite a following. Will be curious to see how it compares to the HPS 6.0 95.

Oh, the cosmetics are very nice. Deep maroon color...but take that with a grain of salt since I am partially color blind. :wink:

tarheelbornjohn
02-25-2004, 09:33 AM
I have a question about how the LM Prestige is compaired to the LM Radical Tour. I was in Paris two weeks ago and almost bought a tour version and was thinking that it is actually the LM Prestige with just a different paint job. Does anyone know about this. The Radical is too light for me and I need a heaver racket.