PDA

View Full Version : NBCOlympic cablecoverage: 56 hrs of live Olympic tennis from Wimbledon on BRAVO

CourtlyLove
05-22-2012, 11:10 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/16/msnbc-cnbc-bravo-to-carry-2012-olympics-coverage/134521/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumb ers%29

MSNBC to Offer Wide Variety of Olympic Programming

Bravo to Televise Olympic Tennis; CNBC to be Home of Boxing

BRAVO

Bravo, NBCUniversal’s fully distributed lifestyle cable channel, will act as the home of Olympic tennis this summer. The channel will televise 56 hours of long-form tennis coverage over seven days, from July 28-August 3. Live coverage will air from early morning until mid-afternoon (ET) on most days.

Pat O’Brien, a veteran of five Olympic Games as a commentator, will serve as host. London will be O’Brien’s fourth Olympics for NBC and sixth overall. He last worked for NBCUniversal at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, the same year Bravo last carried Olympic competition.

Great news, if you ask me. Since the tennis coverage is set aside on its own channel, it won't run up against the other Olympic events. Should be fairly comprehensive coverage. The NBC website is also going to offer live streaming of the tennis--I think multi-court, but don't quote me on that.

I wonder who NBC will get to commentate on the matches. The usual crew (Mac, Robinson, Carillo) might be more interested than usual, thanks to the locale.