PDA

View Full Version : Lopez and Nadal Doubles team?

citybert
05-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Does anyone know why they are so successful when they play? Mostly styles? It's obv not serves, I haven't seen any matches except for some short youtube clips.

Also referencing another post has it been announced if they are going to be playing together in the olympics?

Clay lover
05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Basically from what I observed from their matches, Lopez is a pretty good volleyer with a good serve for his frame, and Nadal, well-you know what he is about.

As we all know Nadal is excellent behind the baseline and doubles player rarely see baseline players of his caliber, let alone one who is able to produce such tremendous amount of spin and crazy passing shots. At net, Nadal serves as a putaway man who tries to capitalize on weak returns for the kill or a drop volley putaway. At other times, you know he is in trouble as he is not a very good volleyer.

Nadal's serve may not be fast, but his lefty spin serve make it hard for the opponent to attack, so Lopez can always pressurize the opponent with his volleys from the first shot.

LuckyR
05-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know why they are so successful when they play? Mostly styles? It's obv not serves, I haven't seen any matches except for some short youtube clips.

Also referencing another post has it been announced if they are going to be playing together in the olympics?

Well, Marc is the best doubles player from Spain and Rafa is the best singles player. In addition they are best friends. Why wouldn't they dominate?