PDA

View Full Version : USO tickets guaranteed to see Federer play?

dh003i
05-25-2012, 03:10 AM
I'd like to see Federer play at the USO this year. To guarantee that I see him play, would I have to buy tickets for all of the days of the first round he'll be playing in? How can one figure this out?

batz
05-25-2012, 03:14 AM
I'd like to see Federer play at the USO this year. To guarantee that I see him play, would I have to buy tickets for all of the days of the first round he'll be playing in? How can one figure this out?

If you want a guarantee of seeing Roger then I think you would - and that's 4sessions: 27th and 28th August, day and night sessions.

Blinkism
05-25-2012, 03:22 AM
Semi's night match vs. Djokovic.

Just a bold prediction based on, basically, the last, what 5 years, now?

But yeah, what batz said guarantees you to see him (barring some sort of withdrawing situation or inclement weather).

stringertom
05-25-2012, 03:36 AM
There are men's 1st round matches during the Wed. day session as well, so it's five sessions to cover, but I doubt a five-time champion gets delayed that long. I'd bet on one of the two night sessions.

jwjh
05-25-2012, 03:40 AM
For AO earlier this year, I bought Semis and Finals so I got to see the top 4. Quite a gamble but the at least the old man only managed to disappoint in the semis.

batz
05-25-2012, 03:42 AM
There are men's 1st round matches during the Wed. day session as well, so it's five sessions to cover, but I doubt a five-time champion gets delayed that long. I'd bet on one of the two night sessions.

Shoot, you're right Tom - didn't notice that when I looked at the tourney schedule. Agree 100% that Rogi is more likely to be one of the night matches on Monday/Tuesday.

seleswannabe
05-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I went last year and wanted to make sure I saw him as well. I was hoping for a night match but ended up with Fed vs. Cilic which was still great. Here's his playing pattern for the first week for 09, 10 & 11:

Day 1: Day Session
Day 3: Night Session
Day 6: Day Session
Day 8: Day Session

Day 1: Night Session
Day 4: Day Session
Day 8: Night Session

Day 1: Night Session
Day 4: Day Session
Day 8: Night Session

svijk
05-25-2012, 05:50 AM
either you know someone real well in the USTA :) or like someone said get tickets to 2 consecutive days/nights....in rare cases, with the 1st rd being 3 days long, he might play his 1st match on day 3, in which case buying day 1 & 2 is a waste.

Best bet is to buy tickets for the middle Saturday and sunday, that way u r absolutely guaranteed to see him.... in a later rd which will be better match

obsessedtennisfandisorder
05-25-2012, 10:00 PM
come on people it's so easy,

on the first day work out which side of the draw the USTA will
decide will play first>>

eg first half will play their QUARTERS second wednesday
second half will play their Quarters second Thursday.

The chances of fed beaten before quarters = very small.

just work which side he plays on and buy that NIGHT SESSION.

They almost always play fed NIGHT QUARTER..

only exception since 04 was 08 arod vs djoko

Tony48
05-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Night session for the semis.

100% guaranteed you'll not only see him play, but you'll see him play Djokovic.

stringertom
05-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Night session for the semis.

100% guaranteed you'll not only see him play, but you'll see him play Djokovic.

Both SFs are Saturday day session. Saturday night is the women's final.

Rhino
05-26-2012, 01:48 AM
For the AO this year I wanted to make sure I saw Federer. I just got all four (day/night) sessions for the 4th round.

Got to see all top 4 players, and saw Federer practicing too.

I think you can guarantee that he'll at least make it to the 4th round, you don't have to see him in the first round otherwise the match won't be very competitive.

joeri888
05-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Not the USO, but wanted to see Roger in Rotterdam as well. Decided to just go for all Quarter finals. In a Slam, I'd go for all fourth round matches.