PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic: 'Rafa is the favorite for RG 2012 '

Djokodal Fan
05-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Novak Djokovic: "Rafa is the favourite"
"My mindset is always positive and always expecting from myself a lot. So I had the best year and a half of my career. I believe that I'm at the peak of my career at this moment. I definitely want to use this confidence that I have and try to make a good result here in Roland Garros. But for me, Rafa is always favourite for this tournament. He even was last year. Always No. 1 favourite because he's just what he is on clay courts, you know. He's most successful tennis player ever to play on this surface. He played well in the Rome final. Even though it was straight set win I thought we played a close match, but he was playing better. That's what you expect from him. You can always expect him to be at his top, especially at the later stages of Grand Slams and tournaments. Winning four Grand Slam tournaments in a row would definitely mean the world to me from that perspective, but I haven't thought about that too much because I do not want to put too much pressure on myself."

Link:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2012-05-25/201205251337964587032.html

Is he using same tactics as Nadal and underplaying, or is he low on confidence?

zagor
05-25-2012, 09:27 AM
He isn't using any tactics in this case, he's just stating a fact.

The Bawss
05-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Any minute Nadal is going to stroll in and say "yes but Novak is number 1 and number 1 is always favourite, he has been playing unelibable recently, no? I will have to play my best tennis to win a set against the son of God, for sure."

Evan77
05-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Any minute Nadal is going to stroll in and say "yes but Novak is number 1 and number 1 is always favourite, he has been playing unelibable recently, no? I will have to play my best tennis to win a set against the son of God, for sure."
yup ... and now Novak is BS too ... lol ...

forthegame
05-25-2012, 09:36 AM
No, Rafa really is the favourite.

CDestroyer
05-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Djokovic is stating a fact but he is playing a little gamesmanship imo by putting pressure on Nadal even before the match begins.

Hopefully Nadals knees will wear out soon and we won't be subjected to watching such a graceless, classless, baboon for much longer.

Spider
05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Why can't players say I am the clear favorite. Don't like this idiotic talk from Djokovic. He shouldn't follow Nadal's school of thought

All-rounder
05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Why can't players say I am the clear favorite. Don't like this idiotic talk from Djokovic. He shouldn't follow Nadal's school of thought
Nothing at all wrong with what he's saying.
He has lost twice in a row in finals to him and couldn't win a set.

nadal_slam_king
05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Djokovic is 100% correct. Nadal is going to maim the garbage out of Djokovic's soul, you heard it here first. Djokovic is going to wish he was Jelena instead of Novak, when this is over.

r2473
05-25-2012, 10:01 AM

"Rafa? Please. I'm going to kick his ***. I know it. He knows it. Everyone knows it. You think I give a ***** about Monte Carlo? Rome? Please. I was going about 50% so the fans didn't feel totally ripped off. You see me last year? I can kick Rafa's *** anytime I feel like it".

"Now, run out and buy some Uniqlo clothes and shut the f**k up. Losers"

jm1980
05-25-2012, 10:05 AM

Nobody ever says that at the risk of looking stupid if/when they lose.

I don't do it even when I know I'll win.

Telepatic
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Waiting for Humbalito to respond how Nole iz favourite for shurre and it's gonna be verry difficult for shurre as Tipsarevic very good player, no?

Murrayfan31
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Djokovic is stating a fact but he is playing a little gamesmanship imo by putting pressure on Nadal even before the match begins.

Hopefully Nadals knees will wear out soon and we won't be subjected to watching such a graceless, classless, baboon for much longer.
Great post. Our times of suffering will soon be over.

Mick
05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Not only Nadal is the favorite but his draw is easier than both Djokovic's and Federer's, since to win RG, Djokovic would have to beat both Federer and Nadal.

Mustard
05-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Why can't players say I am the clear favorite.

Because if you do that, then you are inviting pressure onto yourself, and you will look like a fool if you then don't win the title.

Evan77
05-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Djokovic is 100% correct. Nadal is going to maim the garbage out of Djokovic's soul, you heard it here first. Djokovic is going to wish he was Jelena instead of Novak, when this is over.

haha, wish Nole would destroy your Nadal, so I can just laugh at you. what 'garbage' out of Djokovic's soul... what the hell are you talking about? are you really IN SANE? guess not :)

Evan77
05-25-2012, 10:48 AM
now seriously, it is driving me crazy that all top 3 idiots are talking so much 'politically correct sh1t ....I wish Mohamed Ali had been playing tennis

Mick
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
now seriously, it is driving me crazy that all top 3 idiots are talking so much 'politically correct sh1t ....I wish Mohamed Ali had been playing tennis

haha. But we can count on Serena to say things the way they are :)

Mustard
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Some special characters, like an Ali, do thrive on building themselves up. Most people, however, would feel more pressure with that approach.

dudeski
05-25-2012, 10:59 AM

Couldn't it say better myself!

Hood_Man
05-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I agree with Novak, Rafa is the favourite. How much of favourite I'm not sure, because I suspect a different Novak will show up to the one we've been seeing for the last few months (during which he still won Miami).

I would love a player with an Ali mindset to come along though :)

dudeski
05-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey where is Clarky21 saying how she agrees with Djokovic even thou he is a terrible person and ignoring the fact that Nadal beat Djokovic in straight sets on clay both times they recently played?

Evan77
05-25-2012, 11:07 AM
haha. But we can count on Serena to say things the way they are :)
well, she is a girl, it's different, girls just have big mouths, they can't help it, lol ... Serena is actually pretty well articulated ... intelligent woman, but it's all about hormones sometimes, she could go crazy like all girls (look at ***, lol)

Apun94
05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
haha, wish Nole would destroy your Nadal, so I can just laugh at you. what 'garbage' out of Djokovic's soul... what the hell are you talking about? are you really IN SANE? guess not :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but Nole is not going to beat Nadal at RG, thats for sure. It may be a close match but i just dont see it happening. Nadal has sort of figured out Nole, and now not only is he attacking Nole's FH but also his BH. We saw how he changed up tactics in Rome, always kept Nole guessing. Nolee had no idea where the ball was going to come, so he just did not get enough rhythm on either wing...
It wont even go to 5 sets, if they meet in final...

Mick
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but Nole is not going to beat Nadal at RG, thats for sure. It may be a close match but i just dont see it happening. Nadal has sort of figured out Nole, and now not only is he attacking Nole's FH but also his BH. We saw how he changed up tactics in Rome, always kept Nole guessing. Nolee had no idea where the ball was going to come, so he just did not get enough rhythm on either wing...

how about Federer-Djokovic? All these years, Federer has been the 2nd best clay court player at RG. It won't be easy for Djokovic to get past Federer either.

Evan77
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
oh, another prophet from India. learn how to read. yeah, you and *** should marry one another, or try dating Clarky (at least she is smart). yeah, 'Nadal has sort of figured out Nole, right, whatever

r2473
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
how about Federer-Djokovic? All these years, Federer has been the 2nd best clay court player at RG. It won't be easy for Djokovic to get past Federer either.

Nalbandian is taking out Fed this year in the second round.

nadal_slam_king
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
oh, another prophet from India. learn how to read. yeah, you and *** should marry one another, or try dating Clarky (at least she is smart). yeah, 'Nadal has sort of figured out Nole, right, whatever

And your arguments....are smart? Wait, you don't even have any arguments in this post, just rudeness.

forzamilan90
05-25-2012, 11:34 AM
I got to say I don't see Nadal not going to the final, his draw is really easy. In the final, he will be a favorite against whoever, but Djokovic or Federer can maybe do an upset.

Praetorian
05-25-2012, 11:35 AM

What's funny is you turned what is a classy statement into no-class idiotic garbage. You are deserving of being a true Nadal fan.

li0scc0
05-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Because Djokovic clearly is NOT the favorite. Nadal is outplaying him right now. Nadal is a better player on clay. Djokovic has never won at Roland Garros, and never even made the French Final while Nadal is dominant there.
Why WOULD Djokovic be considered the favorite?

r2473
05-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Djokovic is going to wish he was Jelena instead of Novak, when this is over.

I wish I was Ivanovich. I'd probably never stop touching myself.

Praetorian
05-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Link:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2012-05-25/201205251337964587032.html

Never ends on the internet. Why can't he just say what he thinks without any ulterior motive? I know it's lost on 99.999999999% of the people on the internet, but dang, the lot of you speak as though you all share the same underwear as the dude, and know his true most inner thoughts. I could say, "When Djokovich said this, he was just reading what a chimpanzee thought, and was really thinking about playing for the WNBA after having his eyese gouged out." It would be just as relevent as any one else's conjecture here.

r2473
05-25-2012, 11:41 AM
"When Djokovich said this, he was just reading what a chimpanzee thought, and was really thinking about playing for the WNBA after having his eyese gouged out." It would be just as relevent as any one else's conjecture here.

When did he have his eyes gouged out? No wonder he says Nadal is the favorite.

nadal_slam_king
05-25-2012, 11:43 AM
What's funny is you turned what is a classy statement into no-class idiotic garbage. You are deserving of being a true Nadal fan.

No class would be making a personal attack on a fellow poster. Because when one poster interacts with the other poster, in a conversation, respect is expected. But I'm not in a conversation with Djokovic. I'm writing about him on a public forum, where all views are expressed, not personally to the player but publicly to a forum.

A player whom I don't respect, and whom I owe nothing to, and a player who disrespected Nadal via that crazed shirt-ripping celebration after a record 6 hour AO final.....I am well within my rights to speak rudely of. Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, and the entire tour, are public figures. They accept a lot of people won't like them, and some will. Nothing wrong with that, either way. If you have a problem with a fan talking aggressively about a professional athlete, you maybe aren't ready for the real world.

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Nadal is not the favorite. Rolaids is,and he is very well aware of it.

dudeski
05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
^ Mauahahaha so predictable!

GOAT BAAH!!!
05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
These athletes cant win with you guys...

If they are humble and state the obvious (that every match is different and anyone can be beaten on any given day) then they are phonies...

BUT

if they display an outward confidence in their abilities it's considered hubris and openly classless/disrespectful to the other players.

Rozroz
05-25-2012, 11:58 AM

words of wisdom.

purge
05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
rafa is always the favorite for RG. its just common sense

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM

Seven straight finals lost,3 of them in slams says otherwise. If Nadal should get to the final to face Rolaids he will not win. At the most he might get a set,but that is it.

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
words of wisdom.

Again,7 straight finals lost,3 of them in slams says otherwise. Nadal will not beat Rolaids at RG should Nadal get to the final to face him. Nadal cannot beat Rolaids in slams anymore,and hasn't beaten him in a slam in nearly 2 years.

Frying Pan Forehand
05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Dorkovic can't beat the ape in the lands of the french people.

Mike Sams
05-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Not only Nadal is the favorite but his draw is easier than both Djokovic's and Federer's, since to win RG, Djokovic would have to beat both Federer and Nadal.

Not convinced Federer makes it past the QF.

Mike Sams
05-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Some special characters, like an Ali, do thrive on building themselves up. Most people, however, would feel more pressure with that approach.

Ali would've been a good tennis player if we use Tsonga as a gauge. :lol:

Mike Sams
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM

Nadal's tactics mainly were to keep the ball in play and let Novak make the error. :lol:

1970CRBase
05-25-2012, 12:52 PM
So, whom does Nad think is the favourite for RG2012? Roger?

Djokodal Fan
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
"Rafa? Please. I'm going to kick his ***. I know it. He knows it. Everyone knows it. You think I give a ***** about Monte Carlo? Rome? Please. I was going about 50% so the fans didn't feel totally ripped off. You see me last year? I can kick Rafa's *** anytime I feel like it".

"Now, run out and buy some Uniqlo clothes and shut the f**k up. Losers"

:rofl: :rofl:

That was hilarious!

bullfan
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM

Well, I do expect Nadal to win, but it may not help to not be challenged. Of course, Nadal stepped up to beat Berdych in Rome, his best match there. I wasn't hugely impressed by the match with Ferrer, but that match sure was more interesting than Djokovic-Federer.

Cup8489
05-25-2012, 03:17 PM

Well, Federer has said it a few times, and the *******s on these boards completely blasted him for saying so.

Obviously Djokovic feels that he shouldn't offend the crazies on these boards, so he's being falsely humble.

nadal_slam_king
05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Nadal is so hard to beat at slams, because no matter who he's playing he takes it dead serious and really is just focusing on getting back the next ball. No chance of complacency. That's why he's a huge chance of not dropping a set at Roland Garros. He treats each set, and each breakpoint (or each 15-15 situation for that matter) like its the holy grail.

Towser83
05-25-2012, 04:27 PM

Nadal hasn't figured Novak out, same as there was no figuring out when Nole started beating rafa - one guy just played better. Nadal played pretty good in Rome and Djokovic played less than good. But given that Djokovic has lost his mental advantage over nadal and nadal can actually play better, things don't look good for Djokovic.

oh dear lord, when will you give this up? Did you not see how the last 2 meetings between Novak and Nadal went? Let me ask you one question, how many times does Novak have to lose to Rafa before you give this crap up?

We all saw what happened and no way is novak the favourite. You will still be saying he is even if Nadal wins the next 8 slams beating Djokovic in straights every single time.

I guess youre dying to be wrong again, or you actully think your jinx works.

OddJack
05-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Federer :“I think Rafael (Nadal) is playing for his seventh title, so no discussion,” Roger Federer said. “We’re crazy to even talk about this. Some people might say he’s not the favourite, but to me he’s the favourite. ... I know how incredible he can be here in Roland Garros.”

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Refreshed+Nadal+favourable+draw/6680898/story.html#ixzz1vvsVaoUEFederer:

FlashFlare11
05-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Federer :I think Rafael (Nadal) is playing for his seventh title, so no discussion, Roger Federer said. Were crazy to even talk about this. Some people might say hes not the favourite, but to me hes the favourite. ... I know how incredible he can be here in Roland Garros.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Refreshed+Nadal+favourable+draw/6680898/story.html#ixzz1vvsVaoUEFederer:

So what's Federer insinuating here? That Nadal can't dominate at the other slams?

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Nadal hasn't figured Novak out, same as there was no figuring out when Nole started beating rafa - one guy just played better. Nadal played pretty good in Rome and Djokovic played less than good. But given that Djokovic has lost his mental advantage over nadal and nadal can actually play better, things don't look good for Djokovic.

oh dear lord, when will you give this up? Did you not see how the last 2 meetings between Novak and Nadal went? Let me ask you one question, how many times does Novak have to lose to Rafa before you give this crap up?

We all saw what happened and no way is novak the favourite. You will still be saying he is even if Nadal wins the next 8 slams beating Djokovic in straights every single time.

Clarky is all about the attention that is to be had by claiming to be a Nadal fan, but telling everyone that the sky is falling, Clarky is "Chicken Little" in regards to Rafa.

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:04 PM

Delete, accidental duplicate.

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:06 PM

I don't think that Djokovic gets past Federer unless Fed wants him to. Fed played liked crap in Rome, and would have beat Djokovic if he'd put some effort into the match.

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:09 PM
So what's Federer insinuating here? That Nadal can't dominate at the other slams?

Personally, I thought Fed lost to Djokovic at USOpen so that he didn't have to lose to Nadal at all 4 GS events in finals.

li0scc0
05-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Not convinced Federer makes it past the QF.

Very possible Djokovic wont either.

kishnabe
05-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Personally, I thought Fed lost to Djokovic at USOpen so that he didn't have to lose to Nadal at all 4 GS events in finals.

Yes why would he get to matchpoint in both matches....why not lose in straights?

On Hard Court....Federer is the favourite against Nadal regardless of his declined ability. Federerer would have liked his chances in 10,11 US Finals.

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 05:15 PM

BS to all of this. Rolaids is still very much inside Nadal's head. Just wait until they meet again in a slam and see for yourself.

Best of three means jack. Nadal hasn't beaten Rolaids in a slam in 2 years. Not sure why you think he would be the favorite should Nadal make the final against Rolaids given the way things have gone over the last year. Do you think Roddick is now the favorite against Fed just because he managed to eek out a win over him in Miami? Based on your logic you must.

Rolaids played like crap in both of the finals at MC and Rome. He is a terrible match up for Nadal,and if he ups his game even the slightest Nadal has no chance against him.

Yes he is,but keep denying the obvious.

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I have a feeling that the Olympics will make Fed/Djokovic want to be fresh. I know folks are dissing the value of the Olympics, but it matters a lot to these 2 guys. They've both won GS events, but Olympics isn't something that can be won often, and both desperately want.

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Yes why would he get to matchpoint in both matches....why not lose in straights?

On Hard Court....Federer is the favourite against Nadal regardless of his declined ability. Federerer would have liked his chances in 10,11 US Finals.

I'm not so sure, in a 3 set match. Nadal has Fed's number since 2008

1970CRBase
05-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I never saw Djok as a bad match up for Nad, only last year his overall form was higher until after US final. This year Djok is severely depleted, dropping a lot since AO where Nad could have beaten him. If they meet again at RG Nad should easily beat him. However, for some reason I'm not sure he will even get to play Fed.

TheTruth
05-25-2012, 05:34 PM
I never saw Djok as a bad match up for Nad, only last year his overall form was higher until after US final. This year Djok is severely depleted, dropping a lot since AO where Nad could have beaten him. If they meet again at RG Nad should easily beat him. However, for some reason I'm not sure he will even get to play Fed.

Fed loves when people say this. This is where he produces his best stuff, when the naysayers abound.

Mike Sams
05-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Fed loves when people say this. This is where he produces his best stuff, when the naysayers abound.

Yeah, except when Nadal is on the other side of the net and suddenly Federer is slouching his shoulders and giving up because he realizes his 'beautiful tennis' doesn't work on slow courts against a physical grinding machine like Nadal. :lol: And we all know Federer cannot grind, not now in his 30s. Nadal wins the battle before they even play the first ball.

Mike Sams
05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Federer may not even get past Berdych. It was Federer who lost 2 times in the QF of Wimbledon, missing his chance to see how he matched up to Djokovic on grass.

bullfan
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Federer may not even get past Berdych. It was Federer who lost 2 times in the QF of Wimbledon, missing his chance to see how he matched up to Djokovic on grass.

Berdych has been the choker man of late.... He couldn't beat Novak when he had him on the ropes at MC, couldn't beat Fed on the "Blue Ice", and couldn't beat Rafa on the Red Clay of Rome. I don't know why you think that now Berdych will beat Fed?

Mustard
05-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Berdych has been the choker man of late.... He couldn't beat Novak when he had him on the ropes at MC, couldn't beat Fed on the "Blue Ice", and couldn't beat Rafa on the Red Clay of Rome. I don't know why you think that now Berdych will beat Fed?

Berdych has beaten Federer at Wimbledon before, and had a 2 set lead against Federer at the Australian Open, so it's not that huge to think that Berdych could beat Federer at the French Open.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:28 PM

Probably a bit of both.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Nalbandian is taking out Fed this year in the second round.

Nope. I doubt it very much. This is not 2003.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:34 PM

Yes Nadal is the favorite. Stop it Clarky! :)

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Seven straight finals lost,3 of them in slams says otherwise. If Nadal should get to the final to face Rolaids he will not win. At the most he might get a set,but that is it.

I think it is the other way around--if Djokovic should get into the final he will not win.

NadalAgassi
05-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I think it is the other way around--if Djokovic should get into the final he will not win.

I think Djokovic still has a chance if it is a Djokovic-Nadal final. About 25-30% chance of winning. Federer wuold have more like 5-10% chance to beat Nadal in the final. Djokovic is still by far the biggest threat to Nadal there is here, the only one really. However when you factor in that there are decent odds Djokovic wont even make the final (while Nadal is 99.999% likely to after seeing the draw come out) Nadal is the runaway favorite overall.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:41 PM

I don't think Federer will lose to Berdych if both make it that far. Federer is playing better this year than he was in 2010 when he lost to Berdych at W. I think Djokovic has a better chance to be upset in earlier rounds than Federer does. Djokovic has never even made it to the finals of the FO.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Berdych has beaten Federer at Wimbledon before, and had a 2 set lead against Federer at the Australian Open, so it's not that huge to think that Berdych could beat Federer at the French Open.

It is not huge, but it is still unlikely.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 06:45 PM
I think Djokovic still has a chance if it is a Djokovic-Nadal final. About 25-30% chance of winning. Federer wuold have more like 5-10% chance to beat Nadal in the final. Djokovic is still by far the biggest threat to Nadal there is here, the only one really. However when you factor in that there are decent odds Djokovic wont even make the final (while Nadal is 99.999% likely to after seeing the draw come out) Nadal is the runaway favorite overall.

I think Nadal is the favorite to win this event, probably a 60% or more chance. Djokovic and Federer have about a 20% chance each to win the event. Honestly, I have a feeling Djokovic may face an upset in an earlier round more than Federer will. There is a reason Djokovic has never reached the final of the FO before.

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes Nadal is the favorite. Stop it Clarky! :)

Nope. 0-3 in the last 3 slams they played each other in,and 7 straight final losses. I really don't see how someone who has gotten pounded on that badly could possibly be the favorite.

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't think Federer will lose to Berdych if both make it that far. Federer is playing better this year than he was in 2010 when he lost to Berdych at W. I think Djokovic has a better chance to be upset in earlier rounds than Federer does. Djokovic has never even made it to the finals of the FO.

Come on,cc. :lol: Who is going to even take a set off of Rolaids on his way to the final,much less beat him? He's practically already got the trophy in his hands.

Clarky21
05-25-2012, 07:07 PM
I think Nadal is the favorite to win this event, probably a 60% or more chance. Djokovic and Federer have about a 20% chance each to win the event. Honestly, I have a feeling Djokovic may face an upset in an earlier round more than Federer will. There is a reason Djokovic has never reached the final of the FO before.

Not a chance.

He hadn't found Dr.Igor yet? Other than that what is the reason?

cc0509
05-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Come on,cc. :lol: Who is going to even take a set off of Rolaids on his way to the final,much less beat him? He's practically already got the trophy in his hands.

Djokovic's form is off this year and in addition, his confidence has been dented on clay because of the two recent losses to Nadal (I know the real Djokovic did not show up in MC because of his grandfather's death.) Add to that the fact that Djokovic has never reached the final at RG and I think Djokovic may be upset in an earlier round. It is not probable but it is not impossible. Verdasco and Melzer have defeated Djokovic on clay before and Wawrinka is pretty good on clay, you never know. If Djokovic makes it to Federer (if Federer himself makes it that far), I think Federer may beat Djokovic. I know Djokovic lost to Federer in Rome but at a slam Federer is a different animal.

1970CRBase
05-25-2012, 07:12 PM

http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/facepalm.png

veroniquem
05-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Of course Rafa is the favorite at RG. What else could he say?

TMF
05-25-2012, 07:40 PM
At least Nole is honest, unlike Nadal who always downplay his chance despite knowing full well that he's the favorite.

sbengte
05-25-2012, 08:24 PM

Not as long as you keep responding to her posts :)

helloworld
05-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Of course a 6-time Champion is the favorite over anyone. Duh!!

Apun94
05-25-2012, 09:50 PM

Oh boy, aren't you a sad and pathetic loser. You had nothing to say so you decided to target my english (which was perfect from the beginning). Son, trust me, subcontinent has more people better in English than your pathetic USA, where they can't even teach their native language! How sad is that! I mean look at the sentence "I didn't do nothing". How wrong is that!
Secondly, Nadal has figured out Nole, especially on clay. Anyone who actually watched Rome knew that Nole does not dominate Nadal like last year, because has changed tactics. And this is RG we are talking about. You can bet your a** Nadal's gonna bring his A game. There is no question Nadal is favourite...
Idiot *******s...

Apun94
05-25-2012, 09:55 PM

Yes, Nadal has gotten his a** handed to him By Nole, but time has changed. I mean Nadal has just beaten Nole twice so Nadal's confidence is sky high right now. Plus this is clay. If it was HC, or grass Nole would be favourite but considering the last 2 matches Nadal is favourite

Apun94
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Nadal's tactics mainly were to keep the ball in play and let Novak make the error. :lol:

Hahaha, that too. But unfortunately for Nadal, that tactic won't be effective at RG, because at slams Nole 2.0 will emerge and Rafa will have his hands full. But I still predict Nadal to win RG

Tony48
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm really interested to see who Nadal will call the favorite this year.

FlashFlare11
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh boy, aren't you a sad and pathetic loser. You had nothing to say so you decided to target my english (which was perfect from the beginning). Son, trust me, subcontinent has more people better in English than your pathetic USA, where they can't even teach their native language! How sad is that! I mean look at the sentence "I didn't do nothing". How wrong is that!
Secondly, Nadal has figured out Nole, especially on clay. Anyone who actually watched Rome knew that Nole does not dominate Nadal like last year, because has changed tactics. And this is RG we are talking about. You can bet your a** Nadal's gonna bring his A game. There is no question Nadal is favourite...
Idiot *******s...
First things first, he's Canadian.

Secondly, Nadal's tactics haven't changed much at all. Watching the Rome final, what I saw constantly was Nadal scrambling to retrieve and wait for Nole's error. Novak had way more errors than one would normally expect from him. His numbers were more like Federer's on a bad day. Nadal allowed Novak to selfdestruct. Nadal's problem thus far has been outlasting Djokovic. Sure, he can beat him in best of three set matches, but best of five on clay has yet to be seen.

Thirdly, I don't know what you're problem is with Federer or Federer fans, but your hate for them is unhealthy. Calling someone who isn't even a Federer fan an "idiot *******" screams of ignorance and blind hatred.

Apun94
05-25-2012, 10:01 PM

Yeah, you are definitely right. Nole/Fed will be very interesting. Both can win but for me Nole is the SLIGHT favourite because of Rome...

NadalAgassi
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM

I think 20% is too high for Federer. He doesnt even have a 20% chance if he plays Nadal in the final, let alone factoring his odds in making the final (probably no more than 40%, most of the rest being the potential of losing to Djokovic in the semis) as well.

zagor
05-25-2012, 11:14 PM

How quickly you dropped Nole in favour of Nadal is quite telling.

Idiot *******s...

You meant ****s, didn't you?

Sentinel
05-26-2012, 01:59 AM
^ You'll have to explain this to him sooner or later.

Towser83
05-26-2012, 08:57 AM
BS to all of this. Rolaids is still very much inside Nadal's head. Just wait until they meet again in a slam and see for yourself.

Best of three means jack. Nadal hasn't beaten Rolaids in a slam in 2 years. Not sure why you think he would be the favorite should Nadal make the final against Rolaids given the way things have gone over the last year. Do you think Roddick is now the favorite against Fed just because he managed to eek out a win over him in Miami? Based on your logic you must.

Rolaids played like crap in both of the finals at MC and Rome. He is a terrible match up for Nadal,and if he ups his game even the slightest Nadal has no chance against him.

Yes he is,but keep denying the obvious.

Roddick doesn't have a winning record over Federer, doesn't have a 12-2 record on the surface in question over Federer, didn't beat him back to back in straight sets, hasn't won a slam 6 times to zero times even in the final over Federer. Your comparison is an utter joke.

And Djokovic played crap yes. And he will play crap again and lose again. Nadal didn't stop playing crap according to you, so why should Djokovic? He's played crap all year and can't even take one set out of 4 against nadal who you say is playing terrible.

You said he couldn't beat Djokovic in MC, you were wrong, you said it wouldn't happen in Rome, you were wrong, and you will be wrong again.

All this "he hasn't beaten him in a slam in nearly 2 years" is crap, Djokovic's first win over Nadal in a slam was Wimbledon last year which isn't even one year ago, so you're just using a particular wording to make it seem like Djokovic has owned Nadal for twice as long as he actually has. Djokovic has never beaten Nadal in a clay slam, and his current form on clay is crap and nadal is going to kill him.

You obviously just believe your jinxing crap works.

If Nadal does beat Djokovic in the French Open, will you drop all this BS? And don't say he won't because we've been here before and you were wrong. How many times and at what events does Nadal have to beat Djokovic before you admit he's the favourite?

nadal_slam_king
05-26-2012, 09:02 AM
If Nadal does beat Djokovic in the French Open, will you drop all this BS? And don't say he won't because we've been here before and you were wrong. How many times and at what events does Nadal have to beat Djokovic before you admit he's the favourite?

He didn't drop the crap after Monte Carlo/Rome. He genuinely hates Nadal is why. He won't admit it because if he does it'll mean he's just another Nadal hater (a dime a dozen).

Evan77
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
they all play crap (top dogs) sometimes (gosh, how many crappy matches I've seen between Djoko and Roger, UE fest) ... you can't always be at your best ... sometimes, I'm not sure if we are watching tennis or we want some superheros...

Apun, I'm very often playing with English, I like it ... never wanted to attack 'your English skills' ... it's just that when I see any kind of blind worshiping (and most of you Rafa fans are almost impossible to tolerate), I feel like sick to my stomach.

and, no ... I'm not a *******, I like too many players. I do admire and respect Fed so much. he does play some beautiful tennis ...there is a reason he is 'the' Maestro ... and please don't son me ... I'm 43 yo ... you got it all wrong ... my favorite player is Kolya ... Murray is there too (I love him because nobody else does :)) . I like Djoko because he is a goof ... he makes me laugh, love his personality, not that much his game as he plays like a robot but it works ... although I have to admit I love seeing Novak moving like a cat on the court ... not sure how anybody can be sliding so much and still stay healthy

no, I don't want to derail this thread, but DAVYDENKO WILL WINN A MAJOR (i wish :))

Sentinel
05-26-2012, 09:43 AM
He didn't drop the crap after Monte Carlo/Rome. He genuinely hates Nadal is why. He won't admit it because if he does it'll mean he's just another Nadal hater (a dime a dozen).
By "He" do you mean Nole? (Certainly not Clarky who is a she). Why would Nole hate Rafa, such a nice, humble person? Your poast raises more questions than it answers.

nadal_slam_king
05-26-2012, 09:52 AM
By "He" do you mean Nole? (Certainly not Clarky who is a she). Why would Nole hate Rafa, such a nice, humble person? Your poast raises more questions than it answers.

LOL I never spoke about Djokovic. He must really be on your brain for some reason.

Clarky21 is a "he". I'm talking about Clarky21. Clarky21 claims to be a she, but is a he.

Evan77
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
OMG, you are something. not sure what your problems are ... I have a headache reading your posts ... 'he genuinely hates Nada is whyl' what the hell? lol

Sentinel
05-26-2012, 10:07 AM
LOL I never spoke about Djokovic. He must really be on your brain for some reason.

Clarky21 is a "he". I'm talking about Clarky21. Clarky21 claims to be a she, but is a he.
Yes, because this thread happens to be about an opinion of his, and so was the post you were replying to.

How do you happen to know her gender ?

nadal_slam_king
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes, because this thread happens to be about an opinion of his, and so was the post you were replying to.

Let me spell it out for you. Towser83 was replying to Clarky21: "If Nadal does beat Djokovic in the French Open, will you drop all this BS? And don't say he won't because we've been here before and you were wrong. How many times and at what events does Nadal have to beat Djokovic before you admit he's the favourite?"

And I replied to that post (so obviously I was referring to the same thing Towser83 was referring to - Clarky21).

Next time focus, so I don't have to break it down for you.

How do I know Clarky21's gender? Because I'm not blind. He makes it obvious by continually (every month since I've joined) protesting that he is a female. Why would anyone try so hard? Me thinks he doth protest too much.

Evan77
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Because I'm not blind. He makes it obvious by continually (every month since I've joined) protesting that he is a female. Why would anyone try so hard? Me thinks he doth protest too much.

oh, hun, you are a female too, nothing wrong with that ... sometimes you get a va.gina, sometimes you get a pee pee :) ... sometimes you get both

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 10:18 AM

********* is full of crap. I am a she contrary to what ********* and his million usernames says. I find it very strange that there are certain people on here who insist I am a dude. Why they do it is a mystery to me.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 10:19 AM
oh, hun, you are a female too, nothing wrong with that ... sometimes you get a va.gina, sometimes you get a pee pee :) ... sometimes you get both

Maybe this is *********'s problem? :lol:

nadal_slam_king
05-26-2012, 10:28 AM
It means so much to you Clarky21, you really want everyone to know you as a girl. Got to wonder why you care so much. I've never once mentioned my gender, and most posters don't mention there's either. It's irrelevant, and I just find it funny how many times you've insisted on being addressed as "she".

Hitman
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Now that is the man who is the real Greatest, and was never afraid of saying it.

As far as Novak goes. He's just being Caption Obvious here. The whole world knows that Nadal is the favorite for the title, with Novak in second place, and Roger leading the rest of the pack. But, what he is said is the truth - Nadal is the most accomplished player title wise on this surface, and is also the reigning champion.

FlashFlare11
05-26-2012, 12:00 PM
It means so much to you Clarky21, you really want everyone to know you as a girl. Got to wonder why you care so much. I've never once mentioned my gender, and most posters don't mention there's either. It's irrelevant, and I just find it funny how many times you've insisted on being addressed as "she".

If someone addressed me as "she", I'd correct them. You wouldn't mind if someone thought you were a female (or a male, if you're a female)?

TheTruth
05-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, except when Nadal is on the other side of the net and suddenly Federer is slouching his shoulders and giving up because he realizes his 'beautiful tennis' doesn't work on slow courts against a physical grinding machine like Nadal. :lol: And we all know Federer cannot grind, not now in his 30s. Nadal wins the battle before they even play the first ball.

True, but he still will get great pleasure from beating Djokovic like he did last year and people are still talking about it.

And regarding Nadal, even though Nadal more than often does beat him, you have to give Federer credit for continuing to put himself in a position to play Nadal and keep fiddling with his game vs. Nadal. He hasn't given up. He's tried new tactics and makes his matches with Rafa competitive, you can't ask for more than that at this stage in his career.

That's what champions do. They keep fighting.

TheTruth
05-27-2012, 01:46 PM
If someone addressed me as "she", I'd correct them. You wouldn't mind if someone thought you were a female (or a male, if you're a female)?

I agree. Many posters often think that I'm a male and I correct them, too. I'm not a man and don't want to be referred to that way.

veroniquem
05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I am not gonna bother with gender on a board. It's the internet, people can claim whatever they want. I have no more reason to believe them than not believe them but why should I worry about it? I usually trust people unless they're blatant trolls, in which case I don't even care what they are.