PDA

View Full Version : ESPN French Open predictions

NadalAgassi
05-25-2012, 10:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks/_/tournament/10

I guess McEnroe confused Bartoli for a man. He can be forgiven, many have made that mistake I am sure. It looks like Nadal and Serena are the overwhelming choices.

cc0509
05-25-2012, 10:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/picks/_/tournament/10

I guess McEnroe confused Bartoli for a man. He can be forgiven, many have made that mistake I am sure. It looks like Nadal and Serena are the overwhelming choices.

You would have to be brain dead to pick any other choices for the winners.

sbengte
05-25-2012, 10:56 PM
OMG, Simon Reed picks Ralph to win RG. Does this mean Ralph is doomed ?:-|

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/inconceivable-nadal-won-t-win-french-164203566.html

"The Spaniard will again be victorious at Roland Garros to record a famous seventh title."

Bud
05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
5 of 12 chose Murray
6 of 12 chose Tipsy (this should bring even more anti-Nadal trolls from beneath the bridges) :)
1 chose Delpo
1 chose Bartoli (ROFL!) - actually he chose Tipsy ;)

- - -

Why are so many choosing Tipsy for an early exit?

FlashFlare11
05-25-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised only one chose Djokovic as the outright winner, though I can see why.

What are the qualifications for being a sleeper? Because that may actually be Federer's role in this particular tournament. Maybe Raonic as well?

firepanda
05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
What are the qualifications for being a sleeper?

I'll second that question. Go a step further in fact and ask What is a sleeper? I'm not exactly surprised Nole got one guy's support. He is underestimated...

Say Chi Sin Lo
05-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Bartoli is doing a lot of early exits.

purge
05-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Bartoli is doing a lot of early exits.
yup even one in the mens draw

i dont really get what exactly that sleeper is supposed to be either. is that the new dark horse or something?

Big_Dangerous
05-26-2012, 01:00 AM
5 of 12 chose Murray
6 of 12 chose Tipsy (this should bring even more anti-Nadal trolls from beneath the bridges) :)
1 chose Delpo

- - -

I was thinking the same thing myself... Have they not seen how easy it is for him the first 3 matches?? I mean come on, he plays Sam Querrey on clay... It's Sam on clay, no freaking way he takes more than a set off Tipsy.

Then it only gets easier where he plays Chardy/Lu... And possibly the horribly injured Benneteau/Soeda/Tursunov....

The earliest he goes out in the 4th round to Almagro. That's where I have him going out.

I'd also like to know why Drysdale is smoking if he thinks Del Potro is going out early.. Montanes and then winner of Roger-Vasselin/Pospisil... There's no way JMDP goes out before playing Berdych.

I'm really surprised no one picked Tsonga for an early exit.. I mean he's not the best on clay. I really think he's prime to be taken out early here. More so than the others, that's for sure.

Tony48
05-26-2012, 01:27 AM
What are the qualifications for being a sleeper? Because that may actually be Federer's role in this particular tournament. Maybe Raonic as well?

They used to list the qualifications, but removed them this year. Basically, to qualify as a sleeper, they have to be ranked outside of the top 10.

bezs
05-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Tipsarevic ain't getting any love from the panel.

Ocean Drive
05-26-2012, 06:33 AM
What on earth is a 'sleeper'? A dark horse?

jakemcclain32
05-26-2012, 06:42 AM
I HATE HATE HATE HATE ESPN picks of any sports. Nothing more than "This team, or player, won last year....they'll win this year too". Other than Colin Cowherd or a couple others, no one has guts to make different picks.

rainingaces
05-26-2012, 06:54 AM
We have better 'experts' on here. I dont care if they are ex pros or get paid to talk nonsence most of them are clueless.

veroniquem
05-26-2012, 07:12 AM
You would have to be brain dead to pick any other choices for the winners.

Tell Drysdale lol

veroniquem
05-26-2012, 07:16 AM

Because he sucks on clay? He's never passed R32 at RG in 8 participations. Even Roddick did better than that.

Sentinel
05-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Gasquet .. sleeper, 10 lols.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm surprised only one chose Djokovic as the outright winner, though I can see why.

I can't. These ESPN folks are clueless morons. Most of them will have been proven wrong by the time RG is over.

joeri888
05-26-2012, 07:45 AM
I can't. These ESPN folks are clueless morons. Most of them will have been proven wrong by the time RG is over.

You should stop posting this crap. Didn't Rafa win Rome, you were SURE he wouldn't? Maybe you should doubt your own judgement and prediction skills a little more.

joeri888
05-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Because he sucks on clay? He's never passed R32 at RG in 8 participations. Even Roddick did better than that.

Tipsa sucked eevrywhere until a year ago. It's obvious this isn't the Tipsy that hung around 40 in the world for ages.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:49 AM
You should stop posting this crap. Didn't Rafa win Rome, you were SURE he wouldn't? Maybe you should doubt your own judgement and prediction skills a little more.

What? All I said is that the ESPN folks are morons. They are almost always wrong. Last year,the majority of them chose Rolaids as the winner of RG,and also chose Fed to win Wimby. Now they are firmly on Nadal's bandwagon all because of two measley wins in MC and Rome over a craptastic Rolaids. We will see at the end of RG,but like always,I am pretty sure they will be way off the mark as usual.

veroniquem
05-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Tipsa sucked eevrywhere until a year ago. It's obvious this isn't the Tipsy that hung around 40 in the world for ages.

Maybe on hard but on clay I don't think he's much better actually. I would be very surprised if he went further than R16 at RG. And it's not that I don't want him to because Rafa would have a field day trashing him...

Frying Pan Forehand
05-26-2012, 07:54 AM
what person in the right mind would choose Djokoer as the favorite?
He got straight-setted 2 times this year on clay by Nadal.

veroniquem
05-26-2012, 08:14 AM

I know, right? maybe Drysdale is becoming senile :oops:
Rafa took his revenge in best of 3- in perfect fashion: 2 victories in straights. The next phase of the revenge is best of 5 and RG is the perfect stage fo it. Then the retaliation will be complete.

NadalAgassi
05-26-2012, 08:16 AM
What? All I said is that the ESPN folks are morons. They are almost always wrong. Last year,the majority of them chose Rolaids as the winner of RG,and also chose Fed to win Wimby. Now they are firmly on Nadal's bandwagon all because of two measley wins in MC and Rome over a craptastic Rolaids. We will see at the end of RG,but like always,I am pretty sure they will be way off the mark as usual.

They almost all chose Clijsters to win the Australian last year, Djokovic to win the U.S Open and Australian Open. Many predicted Kvitova to win last years Wimbledon and Djokovic to win last years Australian when they were in the minority. They have done quite well in fact.

LOL at you of all people mocking someone else picking Djokovic to win a tournament. Djokovic will be 60 and retired for 30 years and will still be predicting him to win Wimbledon.

Mainad
05-26-2012, 08:26 AM

Measley wins...in 2 successive Masters finals? Last year, when it was Djokovic who beat him in 2 successive clay Masters finals, everyone was lauding it as a great achievement and questioning whether Nadal could ever beat Djokovic ever again...even on clay!

As for 'craptastic' Djoko, you used to argue that he would win with one hand tied behind his back. Are you now admitting that it is no longer a dead cert that he will win when Nadal is competing too?? :)

Tony48
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I posted this at MTF last year after their U.S. Open picks. It's a look at how the predictions over at ESPN panned out for 2011:

Drysdale: 2/4 (RG & USO)
Shriver: 2/4 (AO & USO)
Tandon: 2/4 (AO & USO)
Ubha: 2/4 (RG & USO)
Wilansky: 2/4 (AO & RG)
Fernandez: 1/4 (RG)
Cahill: 1/4 (USO)
Garber: 1/4 (RG)
P. McEnroe: 0/3
Gilbert: 0/1

Number of Picks
Nadal: 11
Djokovic: 10
Federer: 9
Murray: 3

Most Picks For a Slam
Federer winning Wimbledon: 5
Nadal winning RG: 5
Djokovic winning the USO: 5

Mike Sams
05-26-2012, 12:39 PM
I know, right? maybe Drysdale is becoming senile :oops:
Rafa took his revenge in best of 3- in perfect fashion: 2 victories in straights. The next phase of the revenge is best of 5 and RG is the perfect stage fo it. Then the retaliation will be complete.

Soderling winning only 1 game against Nadal in Rome didn't stop Soderling from taking Nadal down merely 3 weeks later at RG.

kishnabe
05-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Can't wait to see what happens when Federer wins the damm thing!

beast of mallorca
05-26-2012, 01:43 PM

Clarky 'always' makes the right predictions. And she is in the 'right' mind.
SO GO AWAY !

Mike Sams
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Can't wait to see what happens when Federer wins the damm thing!

Federer isn't winning anything. :lol: Berdych will beat him in the QF.

veroniquem
05-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Soderling winning only 1 game against Nadal in Rome didn't stop Soderling from taking Nadal down merely 3 weeks later at RG.

We've already gone through this tons of times. Rafa's knees were shot.

WhiskeyEE
05-26-2012, 03:03 PM
We've already gone through this tons of times. Rafa's knees were shot.

More like Soderling played out of his mind. Nadal claims injury after every loss. Maybe he really was injured, but if you cry wolf every other week we're eventually going to stop believing you. With how well Soderling played that match it's safe to say he was just the better man that day.

I agree that Nadal should be the big favourite here. I think this year's RG is his last big hurrah. Surprised Gilbert didn't go against the grain like he usually does.

axel89
05-26-2012, 03:06 PM

I hope you realize Novak was the clear favorite after winning Rome and Madrid. It was an obvious pick to pick novak for FO if I bet money on anyone it would of been him

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I hope you realize Novak was the clear favorite after winning Rome and Madrid. It was an obvious pick to pick novak for FO if I bet money on anyone it would of been him

Then what's the difference this year? They're picking Nadal to win because he won 2 meaningless tournaments over a Rolaids who played like crap. They simply jump on the bandwagon they deem to be the hottest at the moment. They are almost always wrong,and this time will be no different.

1970CRBase
05-26-2012, 03:35 PM
If Fed had been on the other side of the draw, a complete impossibility regardless of his ranking, Djok almost certainly would have beaten Nad in the 2011 RG final. Now the position is reversed relative to their form.

tennis_pro
05-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Gasquet .. sleeper, 10 lols.

maybe literally

tennis_pro
05-26-2012, 03:43 PM

Berdych won't beat Del Piero in R4.

axel89
05-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Then what's the difference this year? They're picking Nadal to win because he won 2 meaningless tournaments over a Rolaids who played like crap. They simply jump on the bandwagon they deem to be the hottest at the moment. They are almost always wrong,and this time will be no different.
They're picking the smartest pick....

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
They're picking the smartest pick....

Not in my opinion. They are picking the hottest bandwagon to hitch a ride on at the moment,no matter if it doesn't make much sense to do so. It's always been this way and will always continue to be this way.

NadalAgassi
05-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Yes how stupid to pick a 6 time French Open winner and the greatest clay courter in history when he has won 2 of the 3 lead up events and beaten his main rival handily in the finals of both. What idiots. Just like they were stupid to be mostly picking the 13 time Slam Champion and dominant player of her generation, Serena Williams, when she hasnt lost a match this clay season yet. They should have picked Donald Young and Vania King instead, far more sensible.

cc0509
05-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Tell Drysdale lol

Drysdale is usually fairly rational so who knows?

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes how stupid to pick a 6 time French Open winner and the greatest clay courter in history when he has won 2 of the 3 lead up events and beaten his main rival handily in the finals of both. What idiots. Just like they were stupid to be mostly picking the 13 time Slam Champion and dominant player of her generation, Serena Williams, when she hasnt lost a match this clay season yet. They should have picked Donald Young and Vania King instead, far more sensible.

Did it make sense for them to pick Fed to win Wimby last year? It didn't to me but they did anyway. Lead up tournaments don't mean jack when it comes to slams,and Nadal's slam final record over the past year is abysmal. Sorry,but I am not sold that he is going to win RG. I know that bothers you,but that's just the way I feel.

cc0509
05-26-2012, 07:10 PM

I can see why people may not pick Nadal as the favorite based on two tune-up clay results against Djokovic but how can a person who has won RG six times not be the favorite on that surface, I mean it is too stupid.

cc0509
05-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Don't think so!

cc0509
05-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Not in my opinion. They are picking the hottest bandwagon to hitch a ride on at the moment,no matter if it doesn't make much sense to do so. It's always been this way and will always continue to be this way.

No they aren't! Nadal has won 6 FO's and Novak 0, that is all that matters.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I can see why people may not pick Nadal as the favorite based on two tune-up clay results against Djokovic but how can a person who has won RG six times not be the favorite on that surface, I mean it is too stupid.

Do you think Fed is the favorite for Wimby? I mean,he has won it 6 times and all. What I am getting at is that is impossible for one person to continue to win one event over and over again. Everything comes to an end eventually,and I think Rolaids will be the one taking home the RG this year. I don't see Nadal winning RG based on several different reasons,but I'll just be told I am bonkers so I won't bother explaining them.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:19 PM
No they aren't! Nadal has won 6 FO's and Novak 0, that is all that matters.

Yes they are,and the fact that they picked Rolaids to win it last year proves it. If it mattered so much how many times Nadal has won it compared to Rolaids then why did they pick him last year? It's the bandwagon syndrome,and it's in full force again this year just like it always is.

cc0509
05-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes they are,and the fact that they picked Rolaids to win it last year proves it. If it mattered so much how many times Nadal has won it compared to Rolaids then why did they pick him last year? It's the bandwagon syndrome,and it's in full force again this year just like it always is.

Because last year Djokovic had one of the best years in the history of tennis. This year he has come down from that level and Nadal is playing better than he did last year. Come on Clarky, this is not rocket science.

cc0509
05-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Do you think Fed is the favorite for Wimby? I mean,he has won it 6 times and all. What I am getting at is that is impossible for one person to continue to win one event over and over again. Everything comes to an end eventually,and I think Rolaids will be the one taking home the RG this year. I don't see Nadal winning RG based on several different reasons,but I'll just be told I am bonkers so I won't bother explaining them.

I agree but I don't think it is Nadal's time to lose there quite yet. Anything can happen though.

NadalAgassi
05-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Did it make sense for them to pick Fed to win Wimby last year? It didn't to me but they did anyway. Lead up tournaments don't mean jack when it comes to slams,and Nadal's slam final record over the past year is abysmal. Sorry,but I am not sold that he is going to win RG. I know that bothers you,but that's just the way I feel.

What you think doesnt bother me in the least. In some respects you are a good poster but when it comes to your "Djokovic is a lock to win every tournament until 2066" and "Nadal will lose every match he plays" shtick, I just like to laugh at it at this point, nothing else. :lol:

Picking Federer to win Wimbledon sort of made sense last year. He was on fire on clay, his worst surface. Then again it was probably overlooked by people how bad he was on grass in 2010 so in another sense no, but hardly the worst pick. Who knows, if he had closed out Tsonga he might have done it, we will never know.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Because last year Djokovic had one of the best years in the history of tennis. This year he has come down from that level and Nadal is playing better than he did last year. Come on Clarky, this is not rocket science.

Has he really? I think an entirely different Rolaids will show up at RG. He's going to blitz through that tournament,imo. It's his to lose.

I'm not sure I agree that he is. He still looks miserable out there,has no serve to speak of,and has mental lapses that would make Hot Sauce blush. He's still playing like crap just the same as last year.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 07:45 PM
What you think doesnt bother me in the least. In some respects you are a good poster but when it comes to your "Djokovic is a lock to win every tournament until 2066" and "Nadal will lose every match he plays" shtick, I just like to laugh at it at this point, nothing else. :lol:

Picking Federer to win Wimbledon sort of made sense last year. He was on fire on clay, his worst surface. Then again it was probably overlooked by people how bad he was on grass in 2010 so in another sense no, but hardly the worst pick. Who knows, if he had closed out Tsonga he might have done it, we will never know.

I think you short changed him a couple of years. I think it's closer to 2068 when Rolaids will finally hang up his Uniqlo gear and Head racket. :lol:

I didn't say he would lose every match he plays. I just think he's done winning slams,and that beating Rolaids in Mickey Mouse tournaments means a whole lot of nothing. Nadal cannot beat him when it counts,and that is in slams.

CCNM
05-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Nobody picked V. Azarenka, even as a dark horse??? Hmmmm.....

Mustard
05-26-2012, 07:51 PM

30th April and 31st May were the dates, so it was more than 4 weeks.

bullfan
05-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Why are you so obsessed with Berdych? He lost to Djokovic at MC when he should have creamed Djokovic. Then he lost to Federer when he should have beat Federer. Then he lost to Nadal when he should have lost to Nadal. And after losing to Nadal he keeps playing, the guy has to be tired, every week and he's getting to the SF or F. I think you are giving more credit to Berdych than he deserves based on his record as well as his **** poor scheduling.

bullfan
05-26-2012, 08:08 PM

Actually, No one picked ND to win RG last year. People may have been jazzed about Novak, but they were still picking Nadal to win. In fact, Sports Illustrated folks only switched from Nadal to Novak in the second week on Wimbledon. It was sadly pathetic how they couldn't own up to an about face mid tournament, and deleted every pre-second week post.

NadalAgassi
05-26-2012, 08:11 PM
I think you short changed him a couple of years. I think it's closer to 2068 when Rolaids will finally hang up his Uniqlo gear and Head racket. :lol:

I didn't say he would lose every match he plays. I just think he's done winning slams,and that beating Rolaids in Mickey Mouse tournaments means a whole lot of nothing. Nadal cannot beat him when it counts,and that is in slams.

Djokovic might well not even make the final, unlike Nadal who is basically a mortal lock with his draw to make it. Federer could take him out in the semis, and there are several others in his draw who could (not that I am hoping for that, as I would in fact most like see a Nadal-Djokovic final).

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Actually, No one picked ND to win RG last year. People may have been jazzed about Novak, but they were still picking Nadal to win. In fact, Sports Illustrated folks only switched from Nadal to Novak in the second week on Wimbledon. It was sadly pathetic how they couldn't own up to an about face mid tournament, and deleted every pre-second week post.

Uh,yes they did. He was the overwhelming pick for most of these bandwagoners last year.

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Djokovic might well not even make the final, unlike Nadal who is basically a mortal lock with his draw to make it. Federer could take him out in the semis, and there are several others in his draw who could (not that I am hoping for that, as I would in fact most like see a Nadal-Djokovic final).

Really? He is practically in the final already. Fed is not going to save RG for Nadal a second year in a row,and there is not a single soul in Rolaids draw that will even push him much less beat him. If anyone is a lock to make the final it's Rolaids.

Evan77
05-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Nobody picked V. Azarenka, even as a dark horse??? Hmmmm.....
I beg you not to discuss, SCREAMING WOMEN ... :oops: ... I refuse to watch that garbage.

Clarky is right, nothing is really given ... Nadal is still a favorite to win, but will he? who knows? everyone was saying that Djokovic, couldn't play on grass (regardless of the fact that he did reach 2 semis at W already) and then he ended up winning Wimbledon last year.

Sentinel
05-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Really? He is practically in the final already. Fed is not going to save RG for Nadal a second year in a row,and there is not a single soul in Rolaids draw that will even push him much less beat him. If anyone is a lock to make the final it's Rolaids.
:shock: You really think Roger will tank the semifinal just to prevent Nadal from winning an RG ?
Do you think he really cares about Nadal winning an 11th ? Or losing yet again to Nadal ? I thought these were TTW obsessions ("only on TTW...").

Clarky21
05-26-2012, 08:48 PM
:shock: You really think Roger will tank the semifinal just to prevent Nadal from winning an RG ?
Do you think he really cares about Nadal winning an 11th ? Or losing yet again to Nadal ? I thought these were TTW obsessions ("only on TTW...").

I didn't mean it that way.

NadalAgassi
05-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Clarky is right, nothing is really given ... Nadal is still a favorite to win, but will he? who knows? everyone was saying that Djokovic, couldn't play on grass (regardless of the fact that he did reach 2 semis at W already) and then he ended up winning Wimbledon last year.

LOL but that is NOT what Clarky is saying. Of course it makes sense to not count Djokovic out of winning RG. I still would give him atleast a 20% chance, by far higher than anyone behind him, and it wouldnt surprise me much if he does. However Clarky is saying Djokovic is the sure thing to win here, and anyone picking someone else (even the logical favorite) is an idiot. That is what is so funny, especialy as Clarky has guaranteed Rolaids as he puts it winning every event since after the U.S Open and he has won something like only 3 of those events since then.

3fees
05-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Djokovic is due to win a french open, this may be the one.

Cheers
3fees :)

MichaelNadal
05-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I think Nadal will win, but not sure Serena can make it to the finals. If she does, she'll win, no matter who the opponent, but making it there is a different story.

boredone3456
05-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Some of the Sleeper choices are just funny...
Someone said Wozniacki has the hardest road for the women, what hard road, if she walks more than 3 matches down that road I will be shocked.
While I am not surprised so many picked Serena to win I think it is shocking only 1 picked Sharapova. Serena has not been past the QF here in nearly a decade..and Sharapova's clay record this year was just and good.and in some ways maybe better. Although of all the people to pick Maria I am shocked Evert did.
Simon a dark horse for the men? I mean he has been playing well but I do not think I would give him that title. I would have picked Wawrinka at the onset for that.
I am also shocked that ESPN who have a history of loving the Williams had no one who picked Venus as a dark horse.

veroniquem
05-27-2012, 03:38 PM

Fed would not tank a slam semi under any circumsttances. He's been accused of arrogance often enough, no one who knows the first thing about tennis could possibly think that in his own mind Fed is not 100% sure he can beat Nadal at RG or elsewhere.

Tony48
05-27-2012, 03:49 PM

5 picked Nadal, 3 picked Djokovic last year

WTF are you talking about

http://i.imgur.com/T7Kfv.jpg

NadalAgassi
05-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Drawing Sharapova in the quarters is the perfect solution for Serena's quarterfinal jinx. It is pretty clear now Serena just cant lose to Maria, when she sees Maria on the other side she turns into a demon and summons her A+ game virtually everytime, and even when she doesnt Maria is so scared sh1tless by Serena at this point she still can do nothing. I agree if Serena had drawn someone else it might have been much of the same pattern of her recent RGs, either underestimating someone, sometimes getting a lead and choking, and being outplayed by so and so having a hot day. With Maria we almost know for certain that wont happen. Her first 3 rounds are mugs, no dangerous floaters, and 4th round she has washed up declining Wozniacki. So Serena not making the semis would be a shock. I agree with Michael that if she makes the finals, she wins period. So the semifinal is probably the only challenging match for Serena en route to the title.

OddJack
05-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Drysdal I think has better prediction record than others.

The draw says Nadal. But sometimes a cupcake draw turns out to be quite different than what you expect.

TheFifthSet
05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I have a really weird feeling Federer will surprise a lot of people. Idk, it just feels like he's due.

OddJack
05-27-2012, 04:43 PM
^^^^
Aye...same here.

Bud
05-27-2012, 04:55 PM
I have a really weird feeling Federer will surprise a lot of people. Idk, it just feels like he's due.

By exiting early? :)

Tony48
05-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Yeah.

If we're back in 2009.

Tennis_Hands
05-27-2012, 05:01 PM
ESPN has red ice experts.

Yes, but not at RG.

Big_Dangerous
05-27-2012, 08:18 PM
5 picked Nadal, 3 picked Djokovic last year

WTF are you talking about

http://i.imgur.com/T7Kfv.jpg

Lol at Mary Joe picking Djokovic as an early upset last year...What the **** was she smoking? He only lost no matches coming into the tournament and beat Nadal twice on red clay... Seriously, I've just lost all respect I've ever had for her.

TennisFan3
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Djokovic - Nadal are locked as co-favorites, with Nadal marginally ahead mainly because of the last 2 victories.

However, I would still give Djokovic a VERY good chance, simply because he wasn't anywhere close to his best in MC and Rome (although neither was Nadal). In the Rome match it was apparent that he could have pushed Rafa if he had played better.

If Djokovic retains his 2011 form (esp Rome 2011 final form) he could still give Nadal a run for his money in the RG final. Not to mention the different balls in RG with which Nadal feels uneasy..

sbengte
05-27-2012, 09:12 PM
If Djokovic retains his 2011 form (esp Rome 2011 final form) he could still give Nadal a run for his money in the RG final.

Djokovic in his 2011 form couldn't make the RG final. What makes you think he will now that he clearly isn't in his 2011 form ?

TennisFan3
05-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Djokovic in his 2011 form couldn't make the RG final. What makes you think he will now that he clearly isn't in his 2011 form ?

That's because Djokovic had a 4-5 day break, had the pressure of the winning streak and MOST importantly, Fed played the clay court match of his career to beat Djokovic.

Let's not be afraid to call a spade a spade. Had Djokovic made the F.O 2011 final, he most likely would have beaten Nadal. Of course it isn't a guarantee, but he would have been the solid favorite in that matchup. Rafa was spooked then..

sbengte
05-27-2012, 09:17 PM
That's because Djokovic had a 4-5 day break, had the pressure of the winning streak and MOST importantly, Fed played the clay court match of his career to beat Djokovic.

And this time he isn't playing half as well and has the pressure of Nole slam, so it won't make things any better. I have a feeling he may fall before the semis.

Let's not be afraid to call a spade a spade. Had Djokovic made the F.O 2011 final, he most likely would have beaten Nadal. Of course it isn't a guarantee, but he would have been the solid favorite in that matchup. Rafa was spooked then..

True. Fed trolled RG big time last year gifting Nadal the trophy.

Clarky21
05-27-2012, 09:22 PM
And this time he isn't playing half as well and has the pressure of Nole slam, so it won't make things any better. I have a feeling he may fall before the semis.

True. Fed trolled RG big time last year gifting Nadal the trophy.

Not a chance in h*ll that happens. Nadal is more likely to lose early than Rolaids is. Don't you have any faith in your boy? Even after all he has won over the past year?

Bud
05-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol at Mary Joe picking Djokovic as an early upset last year...What the **** was she smoking? He only lost no matches coming into the tournament and beat Nadal twice on red clay... Seriously, I've just lost all respect I've ever had for her.

Was she not correct? He was upset in the SF when he was expected to win the title ;)

sbengte
05-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Not a chance in h*ll that happens. Nadal is more likely to lose early than Rolaids is. Don't you have any faith in your boy? Even after all he has won over the past year?

Senti, this poast needs a gif. Please help.

Sentinel
05-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Djokovic is only pretending he is not in his 2011 form. He's lying low, deceiving everyone, esp Team Nadal. Lucky for Nadal though that he'll meet Roger in the final and not Noel, but what difference does it make to him since he would lose to either.

Magnus
05-27-2012, 10:30 PM
5 of 12 chose Murray
1 chose Delpo

- - -

Why does anyoone who dislikes Nadal is automatically a troll? Does that mean that if you dislike Federer you are an angel?

tusharlovesrafa
05-27-2012, 10:59 PM
General TW reaction to Clarky's predictions...
http://i.imgur.com/vt6A0.gif

I am having a problem deciding which one to poast. My gifs are too good for Clarky but not good enough for the brilliant ***.

Hey senti,from where do you get these gifs??

Tony48
05-27-2012, 11:01 PM

And what are you basing this on? Nadal's almost spotless record at RG? The fact that Djokovic has never progressed further than Nadal in any given year?

You're almost just as annoying as BULLZ1LLA

MichaelNadal
05-27-2012, 11:30 PM
And what are you basing this on? Nadal's almost spotless record at RG? The fact that Djokovic has never progressed further than Nadal in any given year?

You're almost just as annoying as BULLZ1LLA

I have to say, that post really doesn't make any sense. There's nothing at all that backs that statement up.

cc0509
05-28-2012, 01:39 AM
I think Nadal will win, but not sure Serena can make it to the finals. If she does, she'll win, no matter who the opponent, but making it there is a different story.

Why, who do you think will beat Serena before the finals?

Wuppy
05-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Raonic wins RG.

You heard it here first.

tistrapukcipeht
05-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Great predictions specially picking Serena to win it, lol, I didn't pick her to get passed quarters, I wonder what they said afterwards of this fiasco.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Drawing Sharapova in the quarters is the perfect solution for Serena's quarterfinal jinx. It is pretty clear now Serena just cant lose to Maria, when she sees Maria on the other side she turns into a demon and summons her A+ game virtually everytime, and even when she doesnt Maria is so scared sh1tless by Serena at this point she still can do nothing. I agree if Serena had drawn someone else it might have been much of the same pattern of her recent RGs, either underestimating someone, sometimes getting a lead and choking, and being outplayed by so and so having a hot day. With Maria we almost know for certain that wont happen. Her first 3 rounds are mugs, no dangerous floaters, and 4th round she has washed up declining Wozniacki. So Serena not making the semis would be a shock. I agree with Michael that if she makes the finals, she wins period. So the semifinal is probably the only challenging match for Serena en route to the title.

LOLLLLLLLLLL, yeah Serena can beat Maria but can't beat the nobodies. Oh what a great champion. LOL