PDA

View Full Version : What round will Fed lose the FO in?

The Dark Knight
05-27-2012, 07:50 PM
What do you think?

( poll coming )

Tammo
05-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Quarters to Berdy or maybe Delpo

Clarky21
05-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Probably in the semi to Rolaids.

sbengte
05-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Federer in 2.

(Wait, why isn't round 2 an option ?)

norbac
05-27-2012, 08:11 PM
In the third round, to Djokovic.

Sentinel
05-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Federer in 2.

Nalbandian ?

Obviously the OP wasn't thinking when he created this thread, he was only trolling and trying to whip up some attention for himself.

Once the silly posts start piling up, I can get into some action (read: poasting gifs).

NadalAgassi
05-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I dont see him losing before the semis. He is playing his best tennis in years now. Berdych isnt mentally strong enough to beat an in form Federer, and Del Potro isnt powering the ball like he used to yet and without that extra power he has no chance vs Federer as their matches this year emphatically show. I think it is 50/50 to whether he loses to Djokovic in the semis or to Nadal in the final. Pretty much zero chance vs Nadal in the final if he makes it, and with no threats to Nadal in his half, thus zero chance of winning the French barring a miralce (Djokovic atleast would have a fighting chance if he makes it to the final).

WhiskeyEE
05-27-2012, 08:33 PM
I dont see him losing before the semis. He is playing his best tennis in years now. Berdych isnt mentally strong enough to beat an in form Federer, and Del Potro isnt powering the ball like he used to yet and without that extra power he has no chance vs Federer as their matches this year emphatically show. I think it is 50/50 to whether he loses to Djokovic in the semis or to Nadal in the final. Pretty much zero chance vs Nadal in the final if he makes it, and with no threats to Nadal in his half, thus zero chance of winning the French barring a miralce (Djokovic atleast would have a fighting chance if he makes it to the final).

My thoughts as well. However, one can hope for a 2009-like miracle.

NadalAgassi
05-27-2012, 08:37 PM
My thoughts as well. However, one can hope for a 2009-like miracle.

Yes if someone takes Nadal out somehow, then Federer has a reasonably good chance. His chances to beat Djokovic would actually increase then, since Federer would be more motivated with another FO title a clear possability suddenly, while Djokovic might be a bit scared as he would really feel the title was his to lose then. Last year while he didnt play badly I think Djokovic buckled under the pressure a little bit, but Nadal ever going out would place the pressure even more squarely on his shoulders.

Tony48
05-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Quarters to Berdych or semis to Djoker

Wuppy
05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
semis

10ch

joeri888
05-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Quarters to berdych or semis to Djokovic. Final maybe to Nadal. There's only 3 people in the draw Roger can lose to on clay, and all three are there to beat him: QF, SF, F

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 02:07 AM
I have no idea which round Federer will lose in, but I'll be hoping he loses in every round. I just hope Del Potro loses sometime soon so he doesn't get in the way of Berdych. Del Potro has no chance against Federer. Even prime Del Potro (2009) couldn't beat Federer (and that was a very nervous Federer who was down 2 sets to love vs Haas).

Magnus
05-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Fed will lose to DP.

Magnus
05-28-2012, 02:28 AM
I have no idea which round Federer will lose in, but I'll be hoping he loses in every round. I just hope Del Potro loses sometime soon so he doesn't get in the way of Berdych. Del Potro has no chance against Federer. Even prime Del Potro (2009) couldn't beat Federer (and that was a very nervous Federer who was down 2 sets to love vs Haas).

Why would you want Fed to lose in every round? Don't you like tennis? Oh...you are one of "those" who prefer pushing moonballs with constant cheating and time wasting. Seriously, did you bandage that right hand of yours? I'm scared for your injuries...

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Why would you want Fed to lose in every round? Don't you like tennis? Oh...you are one of "those" who prefer pushing moonballs with constant cheating and time wasting. Seriously, did you bandage that right hand of yours? I'm scared for your injuries...

I'm scared of Federer getting in the way of a Djokovic Nadal final.

Sentinel
05-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Fed will lose to DP.
Dedan's Penthouse? Yeah, that would be cool.

Sentinel
05-28-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm scared of Federer getting in the way of a Djokovic Nadal final.
Federer being in the final against Nadal would mean 2 things: Nole not winning 4 in a row, and Nadal not winning 7th RG :D

kishnabe
05-28-2012, 03:41 AM
1st round 2013 French Open!

2012 Champion

The Dark Knight
05-28-2012, 04:06 AM
This poll is absolutely incredible.....do you guys realize Federer actually won this poll as well. The informed TW board has spoken ......it's pick for the 2012 FO is Federer.....

I swear if there was a new religion with Federer a the messiah there would be a new religion today. In fact there already is.

Thi poll shows how completely blind and biased this site is.

If it were not so sad it would be funny.

Sim
05-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Most likely in the SF to Djokovic. I don't think he will have too much trouble against Delpo

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 04:26 AM
This poll is absolutely incredible.....do you guys realize Federer actually won this poll as well. The informed TW board has spoken ......it's pick for the 2012 FO is Federer.....

I swear if there was a new religion with Federer a the messiah there would be a new religion today. In fact there already is.

I've noticed that, whereas espn tends to be a Nadal forum.

MG1
05-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Not in 1st round :)

MG1
05-28-2012, 04:35 AM
50th win at RG ... tied with connors for most matches won in GS and 50th consecutive GS appearances (3rd player to do so)

Hood_Man
05-28-2012, 04:46 AM

You need to let this build up, let it rise, let it simmer, and let it grow. You need to savour every moment, enjoy the journey, and hold back from pulling the trigger too soon. This needed to be several pages before you cried out.

In short... you have my friend, come too early.

Also: http://youtu.be/-Kof5ETD4-4

zam88
05-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Unless Ralph has some type of injury or absolutely crazy upset i'd just as soon see him bomb out in the quarters or semis.... I've accepted the fact that on clay major final Ralph is going to win in a 5 set match 10 times out of 10

TennisLovaLova
05-28-2012, 05:22 AM

Sorry but you're wrong actually.

The poll isnt significant until it reaches a certain amount fo voter to respond to a statistical law call the normal law.

if you read the question of the poll correctly: the question is not who is gonna win the FO, the question is about and only about RF.

So the hypothesis of him making the final or winning is a probability that should be considered very strongly into this specific poll. It's strongly correlated to this poll much more to a general poll who would be "who's gonna win the FO?"
So you're wrong, this poll is very accurate and is significant as we reached > 31 voters at the moment

But this poll has nothing to do with a general aspect or preference of the forum.

btw, RF is the GOAT

Feather
05-28-2012, 05:29 AM
Roger Federer is NOT gonna lose any match in French Open 2012

Roger Federer French Open 2012 Champion

FedererDropShot
05-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Roger Federer is NOT gonna lose any match in French Open 2012

Roger Federer French Open 2012 Champion

I hope this prediction is true.

(Fed needs to cut down on the unforced errors)

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 06:27 AM
I hope this prediction is true.

(Fed needs to cut down on the unforced errors)

Not gonna happen. Federer is prone to unforced errors because he doesn't give 100% effort to his footwork. And sometimes at the net, he doesn't even bend his knees. You get what you give. It's who he is. He's never been a blue-collar worker, and never will be (relatively speaking to the highest standard of blue-collar workmanship). Fortunately, he's got enough talent to pull off enough shots without being perfectly positioned. But it will cost him at times.

BeHappy
05-28-2012, 06:32 AM
The court is too slow this year I feel.

I would be amazed if Federer doesn't win wimbledon this year though.

PCXL-Fan
05-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Its time for Atp/Itf to build Rolaids and ******s mythology, to captivate mainstream attention and interest like what was occurring during the ******/Fedflunk era of 2005-2010.

So they must make a clear path for the new kings of tennis, and give Fedflunk a difficult draw.

******** out in qtrs or semis.

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 07:48 AM

I'll be amazed if Federer beats Nadal at Wimbledon this year though, after seeing his last 2 QF exits.

Tennis_Hands
05-28-2012, 08:10 AM
I'll be amazed if Federer beats Nadal at Wimbledon this year though, after seeing his last 2 QF exits.

I gather, you would be cheering for a Federer vs. Nadal SF then.:twisted:

EDIT: :twisted::twisted:

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 08:13 AM
I gather, you would be cheering for a Federer vs. Nadal SF then.:twisted:

Yes, just as I was asking/pleading for a Fedal SF at this RG. Now that Federer is in Djok's half, I'm hoping for Federer to lose so Djok can make the final. But yeah at Wimbledon, if Federer is in the same half as Nadal I do hope Federer makes the semi. But if Federer is again in Djok's half, I hope Federer gets out of the way.

NadalAgassi
05-28-2012, 08:17 AM

It is pretty funny and proof of why any poll on planet TW is irrelevant.

beast of mallorca
05-28-2012, 09:02 AM
I hope Federer loses as early as possible. He needs to retire and take care of his kids.

seattle_1hander
05-28-2012, 09:26 AM

Sad? You know you're right, it's the tragedy of the century that people are fans and vote that way on meaningless internet polls. Please don't tell me you're perturbed over Fed Fanatics ruining the sanctity of a tennis forum poll. People like who they like. It's people like you that ruin the board. Just let it go and don't get your jimmies in a twist.

kishnabe
05-28-2012, 12:18 PM
1 down, 6 more to go!

The Dark Knight
05-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Sad? You know you're right, it's the tragedy of the century that people are fans and vote that way on meaningless internet polls. Please don't tell me you're perturbed over Fed Fanatics ruining the sanctity of a tennis forum poll. People like who they like. It's people like you that ruin the board. Just let it go and don't get your jimmies in a twist.

Really? Why not just call this board "the Federer Warehouse".....at least then it would be honest .

I mean come on......how can Federer be possibly picked as the favorite ? It goes against everything.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-29-2012, 07:13 AM

I think the accurate title begins with the world cult--a self destructive cult to be sure.

Remember, there also a small group of Federer cult members with multiple accounts (some banned over time, but they sneak in eventually), which would explain why Fed-centric polls on TW go in a certain direction.

cknobman
05-29-2012, 07:19 AM
I am going to avoid the "fan boy" and "troll" picks here and go with what sounds logical.

Odds are Fed will loose in semis to Djoker unless an injury/major upset happen.

Swissv2
05-29-2012, 07:25 AM
You need to let this build up, let it rise, let it simmer, and let it grow. You need to savour every moment, enjoy the journey, and hold back from pulling the trigger too soon. This needed to be several pages before you cried out.

In short... you have my friend, come too early.

Also: http://youtu.be/-Kof5ETD4-4

He's still a grasshopper. :neutral:

Swissv2
05-29-2012, 07:26 AM
I am going to avoid the "fan boy" and "troll" picks here and go with what sounds logical.

Odds are Fed will loose in semis to Djoker unless an injury/major upset happen.

Just like last year's major "upset"? :)

The Dark Knight
05-29-2012, 11:10 AM
He's still a grasshopper. :neutral:

Lol.....

It doesn't matter .....Fed cant lose . You can point it out stand on your head or whatever ......he will never lose any poll here at Federer Warehouse .

FlashFlare11
05-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Lol.....

It doesn't matter .....Fed cant lose . You can point it out stand on your head or whatever ......he will never lose any poll here at Federer Warehouse .

If you want to complain about the general views of the posters here, then please do us all a favor and leave. We don't need new users who complain about the make-up of this forum.

KneisslDestroyer
05-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Federer in 2.

UNGER? has no HUNGER LOL!!!!

KneisslDestroyer
05-29-2012, 11:18 AM
I think the accurate title begins with the world cult--a self destructive cult to be sure.

Remember, there also a small group of Federer cult members with multiple accounts (some banned over time, but they sneak in eventually), which would explain why Fed-centric polls on TW go in a certain direction.

The quarter to Berdych is going to be hellish, Roger wants Wimby and the Olympics and if he has a Czech mate on the other side of the net that day who is buring up the clay he will ease out and let the chips fall where they may cause his big chance to get to back #1 is Wimby and the Olympics and what happens after that...let Djoker and Ralfie fight it out and come out laggards in the two grass tourneys. But really there is so slight a difference in the top 4 guys it comes down to desire on the day against the rest of the field, against each other it is all about execution.

marc45
05-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Probably in the semi to Rolaids.

this rolaids thing is gold, but djesus was too...why did you give it up?...either way it's genius

The Dark Knight
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
If you want to complain about the general views of the posters here, then please do us all a favor and leave. We don't need new users who complain about the make-up of this forum.

I'm not "complaining" rather I'm "exposing" the complete and utter bias on tie board.

Bobby Jr
05-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Wasn't Del Potro having treatment on his knee during his first match? One tough match and that knee would likely become too much of a liability for him to do well here.

bullfan
05-29-2012, 04:58 PM
This is a hard one since Fed could prevent 4 consecutive GSs if he beats Novak. I doubt he thinks he can beat Nadal, and he may think Novak could beat Nadal. But if Novak beats Nadal, he does 2 things, he makes 4 consecutive slams, which Fed couldn't do, and erases another slam from Nadal's count. I'd say it's a real hard call for Fed, except that I think Fed wants to win.

Bud
05-29-2012, 05:01 PM

What if Wimbledon is slow, too? :confused::mrgreen:

gplracer
05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Blind and biased? All you do is post why you think Federer is over rated and sucks? Then you make a poll to prove what you think and you are dis proven. HAHA!!!!!!

That said, Nadal is still the favorite. The surface favors him and he is younger and in his prime. You miss the facts... In his prime I would take Federer to beat Nadal on a fast court. I would take Nadal to beat Federer on a slow clay court.

The Dark Knight
05-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Blind and biased? All you do is post why you think Federer is over rated and sucks? Then you make a poll to prove what you think and you are dis proven. HAHA!!!!!!

That said, Nadal is still the favorite. The surface favors him and he is younger and in his prime. You miss the facts... In his prime I would take Federer to beat Nadal on a fast court. I would take Nadal to beat Federer on a slow clay court.

Omg....dude your in the Matrix. Take the blue pill and wake up.

Wuppy
05-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm a huge Fed fan and I hate Nadal but Fed will lose in semis and Nadal will win RG.

Nathaniel_Near
05-29-2012, 10:47 PM
47% of voters think Federer will win RG. What the F*** is wrong with this place?

Sentinel
05-29-2012, 10:59 PM
This is a hard one since Fed could prevent 4 consecutive GSs if he beats Novak. I doubt he thinks he can beat Nadal, and he may think Novak could beat Nadal. But if Novak beats Nadal, he does 2 things, he makes 4 consecutive slams, which Fed couldn't do, and erases another slam from Nadal's count. I'd say it's a real hard call for Fed, except that I think Fed wants to win.
THis is the one Noel doesn't have, i feel he will (actually MIGHT) fight it out hard and not care about saving himself WO or OG. Nadal has enough RG's he may not have that much hunger. Just wondering... Can't imagine Nadal taking it easy in a final, though, that too at RG.

Either Nadal beats him easily in 3 or 4, if it goes to five, it could be a dog-fight with Noel playing like his life depended on it.

Sentinel
05-29-2012, 11:01 PM
47% of voters think Federer will win RG. What the F*** is wrong with this place?
Sending positive vibes through the universe.

Nathaniel_Near
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Sending positive vibes through the universe.

Lolative vibes.

Hitman
05-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Semis if he plays Djokovic.

Final, if he avoids Djokovic and plays Nadal.

zagor
05-30-2012, 02:48 AM

Yet you keep coming back all these years. If you don't like it here, no one's exactly forcing you to stay.

cknobman
05-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Just like last year's major "upset"? :)

I dont consider Federer beating Djokovic an upset at all, Fed has beaten him plenty of times.

I also realize that "odds" are Djokovic will beat Federer if they meet.

The Dark Knight
05-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Yet you keep coming back all these years. If you don't like it here, no one's exactly forcing you to stay.

Don't know what your talking about all these years......but I do actually love it here.

It's fun watching *******s just squirm whenever they are faced with the truth.

The twists and turns and explanations and excuses are a blast to watch.

Djokodal Fan
05-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Semis if he plays Djokovic.

Final, if he avoids Djokovic and plays Nadal.

He'll win FO if he avoids both :cool:

Hood_Man
05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Don't know what your talking about all these years......but I do actually love it here.

They sure are, high five bro!

primetennis
05-30-2012, 09:05 AM

excuses??that's for nad-***** no?after losing any match injury or courts no?

cknobman
05-30-2012, 09:38 AM

So I take it you loved Madrid this year then?

Best twists and turns ever plus excuses and threats galore!!!!!

tangerine
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Hopefully he won't lose until Djokovic gets to him and wipes his Royal Smugness off the court. :D

Hitman
05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
He'll win FO if he avoids both :cool:

2009 RG says you are right! LOL!

He was scheduled then also to be play Novak in the semis, and Nadal in the finals, after both had headlined the clay season leading into the event.

TennisLovaLova
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Wow
Watching fed vs mahut right now
1h40 3d set, not a long time duration so short rallies mostly, which should suit his game more than anything
An he still manages to lose a set to an injured mahut (knee)
Not looking good for fed
So next round anything can happen imo

jokinla
06-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Of course you love it here, nowhere else on planet earth will you find people saying Fed isn't that good, never was, only here.

zagor
06-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Don't know what your talking about all these years......

Oh but you do.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Federer will beat Djokovic if they meet in semi, most likely. That is why I'm hoping Berdych takes Federer out in quarters.

Wolfman Jack
06-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Nadal will play the final (if those stupid French radio stations stop calling him when he's sleeping.) I think Fed and Nole will play an unbelievable semifinal, but I honestly am not sure who will win.

Polaris
06-01-2012, 02:25 PM

Naaah. The reason people picked Federer to win, is that they realized that the OP is a trolling jackass, and there is no better virtue than to indulge a troll and please his little mind, so he goes away and leaves everyone alone.

It is pretty funny and proof of why any poll on planet TW is irrelevant.

True actually. Quite true, besides the fact that some people vote on it with two usernames, like you have done in the past (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=10325).

The Dark Knight
06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Naaah. The reason people picked Federer to win, is that they realized that the OP is a trolling jackass, and there is no better virtue than to indulge a troll and please his little mind, so he goes away and leaves everyone alone.

True actually. Quite true, besides the fact that some people vote on it with two usernames, like you have done in the past.

No....the reason is because this board is completely biased .

It's the same reason there's an excise for every time he loses.

It's quite funny

FlashFlare11
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
No....the reason is because this board is completely biased .

It's the same reason there's an excise for every time he loses.

It's quite funny

Hmmm. You're join date says "April 2012" and Federer has only lost once since then (Rome SF). You're not even qualified enough to make that statement. Secondly, you must be blind or wear your Nadal fan-goggles too much to seew that all the fan groups do that.

So what if this board is biased? This board's bias comes from the majority of the posters being fans of a certain player, not the organization. And we have haters like yourself to balance it out (and yes, you are a hater as 90%+ of your posts are focused on deriding one player). No one said you had to join this board and if you have a problem with it, then please leave.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Wow
Watching fed vs mahut right now
1h40 3d set, not a long time duration so short rallies mostly, which should suit his game more than anything
An he still manages to lose a set to an injured mahut (knee)
Not looking good for fed
So next round anything can happen imo

Hoping Federer goes home in 2 days. He is not welcome.

OverratedIvanovic
06-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Honestly I don't think Federer is trying too hard at the moment. I expect him to pick up his level against Berdych/Del Po but I have a feeling it won't be enough to stop Djoker. Djoko-Nadal final looks inevitable.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Honestly I don't think Federer is trying too hard at the moment. I expect him to pick up his level against Berdych/Del Po but I have a feeling it won't be enough to stop Djoker. Djoko-Nadal final looks inevitable.

I think Berdych will destroy Federer. I just hope Del Potro doesn't get in the way (I don't think Del Potro can beat Federer at a slam these days).

OverratedIvanovic
06-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I think Berdych will destroy Federer. I just hope Del Potro doesn't get in the way.

Well he definitely has a chance but I think he will choke like he did in Madrid few weeks back.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Well he definitely has a chance but I think he will choke like he did in Madrid few weeks back.

True, that can happen with him. I mean if its close Federer will win. I'm banking on one-way traffic like Wimbledon 2 years ago.

WhiskeyEE
06-01-2012, 05:14 PM
True, that can happen with him. I mean if its close Federer will win. I'm banking on one-way traffic like Wimbledon 2 years ago.

It depends on Fed not Berdych. That period of 2010 was the worst tennis Fed ever played. That's when the nickname ******** was created because he was shanking EVERYTHING.

Bobby Jr
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
I think Berdych will destroy Federer. I just hope Del Potro doesn't get in the way (I don't think Del Potro can beat Federer at a slam these days).
What form are you going by? Berdych hasn't played anyone remotely high level and he's still being making a mug of himself having to win in 5 sets.

Federer is in idle mode. Once he knows he's got a match he just steps off the throttle. He's done it for years, it's just cost him a few sets here so far. Nothing to look at and wonder how his form is in 5 days time.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 05:17 PM
It depends on Fed not Berdych. That period of 2010 was the worst tennis Fed ever played. That's when the nickname ******** was created because he was shanking EVERYTHING.

Maybe. But the first time I thought of Federer as ******** was the 2009 Roland Garros (which he won but looked horrible in).

WhiskeyEE
06-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Maybe. But the first time I thought of Federer as ******** was the 2009 Roland Garros (which he won but looked horrible in).

Yeah maybe. But I remember in 2010 it got so bad that he couldn't play 3 rallies without shanking an UE.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah maybe. But I remember in 2010 it got so bad that he couldn't play 3 rallies without shanking an UE.

At least it adds suspense every point.

FlashFlare11
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I think Roger is playing himself into form. At 30, there's no point in trying to win matches in the early rounds by totally dominating your opponents, tiring yourself out before the more difficult rounds begin. The recovery process isn't as short as it used to be. As long as Roger peaks in the later rounds, I think he should be ready for a nice battle with Novak.

Wolfman Jack
06-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I think Roger is playing himself into form. At 30, there's no point in trying to win matches in the early rounds by totally dominating your opponents, tiring yourself out before the more difficult rounds begin. The recovery process isn't as short as it used to be. As long as Roger peaks in the later rounds, I think he should be ready for a nice battle with Novak.
We can only hope Roger will be in peak form for Rafa's beat down in the final.

nadal_slam_king
06-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Federer will definitely need to play better than he did in 2011 RG final (even though people were praising his level like he was Jesus Christ), because Nadal is looking freakishly sharp right now. 2008 beatdown is on the cards. That's why I want to see Djokovic in the final, so Nadal can cash in on such great form and put the joker back in the box.

Wolfman Jack
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Federer will definitely need to play better than he did in 2011 RG final (even though people were praising his level like he was Jesus Christ), because Nadal is looking freakishly sharp right now. 2008 beatdown is on the cards. That's why I want to see Djokovic in the final, so Nadal can cash in on such great form and put the joker back in the box.
Awesome!

10 Rolaids

beast of mallorca
06-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope Federer loses as early as the 4th round. He deserves to lose. :twisted:

BeHappy
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't think Federer is hitting his backhand as authoritatively this year as he did last year.

Hitman
06-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I hope Federer loses as early as the 4th round. He deserves to lose. :twisted:

hehe

Honestly, I think Djokovic will get him in the semis. Love them both, but I think this time Novak will come through. Wouldn't mind either winning the title of course.

The Dark Knight
06-02-2012, 10:28 AM

Well it's the usual....if Fed wins he was in peak form if he loses then he wasn't.

Federer never simply loses because he was outplayed on a particular day.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Well it's the usual....if Fed wins he was in peak form if he loses then he wasn't.

When all your opponent does is attack your backhand and play percentage tennis that's pretty much what it boils down to.

At IW when Fed was hitting his backhand well Rafa had no idea wtf to do.

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
When all your opponent does is attack your backhand and play percentage tennis that's pretty much what it boils down to.

There is something called strategy, and even if people only vaguely remember what it is, it's actually good for you. Fed should try it some time.

Nadal is more than able to play aggressive tennis, by the way. He has kicked Federer's butt playing aggressive tennis in the past, just not too recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1apISwdYCrA

At some point, Rafa and Tio Toni had a series of tactical meetings, and it was decided for Rafa to move his game towards a different style. It has paid in spades. Why do you have to blame Rafa for being successful playing his game? If Fed was less stubborn and perhaps a little more talented tactically he would be able to counteract Rafa better. Of course Fed is immensely talented technically. Tactically it is a different story.

Sid_Vicious
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM

That's true. Federer fans are full of excuses..... just like Nadal fans.

You, for example, are nothing more than a Nadal excuse machine. He gloss over all of Nadal's failures as if they mean't nothing and overhype his successes to a sickening amount.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
There is something called strategy, and even if people only vaguely remember what it is, it's actually good for you. Fed should try it some time.

Nadal is more than able to play aggressive tennis, by the way. He has kicked Federer's butt playing aggressive tennis in the past, just not too recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1apISwdYCrA

At some point, Rafa and Tio Toni had a series of tactical meetings, and it was decided for Rafa to move his game towards a different style. It has paid in spades. Why do you have to blame Rafa for being successful playing his game? If Fed was less stubborn and perhaps a little more talented tactically he would be able to counteract Rafa better. Of course Fed is immensely talented technically. Tactically it is a different story.

I didn't blame him. I said that's what it boils down to. When Fed plays well, Nadal's "strategy" falls apart. When he doesn't play well, Nadal's strategy works. Learn to read.

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I didn't blame him. I said that's what it boils down to. When Fed plays well, Nadal's "strategy" falls apart. When he doesn't play well, Nadal's strategy works. Learn to read.
That's not very sound logical reasoning. Nadal's strategy against Federer works because most of the time Nadal wins. End of story. Does he always win? No. He just wins most of the time, and that's enough for a strategy to be successful.

But if you want to stick to your guns, then what you say means (based on historical data) that Federer most often than not doesn't play well against Nadal.

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 10:54 AM
That's not very sound logical reasoning. Nadal's strategy against Federer works because most of the time Nadal wins. End of story. Does he always win? No. He just wins most of the time, and that's enough for a strategy to be successful.

But if you want to stick to your guns, then what you say means (based on historical data) that Federer most often than not doesn't play well against Nadal.

Plus the fact that Nadal wins EVERY TIME in slams since the Wimbledon loss in 2007, indicates that Nadal is strategically right on the money. Play 3 sets and anything can happen. Play best of 5 sets and the superior strategy will win. Looks like Nadal always figures Federer out in the slams. Federer is perhaps not a great thinker, when compared to Nadal.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
You have very poor reading comprehension. I never stated or even implied that isn't successful. I mentioned that, when Fed is playing well, it doesn't matter how well Nadal is implementing his own strategy. The match is on the attacker's racquet, as they say. Especially in this case.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Plus the fact that Nadal wins EVERY TIME in slams since the Wimbledon loss in 2007, indicates that Nadal is strategically right on the money. Play 3 sets and anything can happen. Play best of 5 sets and the superior strategy will win. Looks like Nadal always figures Federer out in the slams. Federer is perhaps not a great thinker, when compared to Nadal.

It has nothing to do with that. Nadal tries to implement his same strategy at WTF year after year and it fails every time.

Nadal wins most of the time because they meet most of the time on slow courts, which favours Nadal's style. That's it.

rrito
06-02-2012, 10:58 AM

take it easy. OP is only asking for opinions and federer fans are are your average fans, we want and think our man will win every single tournament he enters. if you haven't been here long enough, i'm glad you've realized that this board (at least the pro discussion section) is an utter joke where fanboys gather to bulls!t, take it with a grain of salt.

Clarky21

Isn't this the main strategy Rolaids has been using over the past year to beat Nadal? Why is it ok for him to do it,but not Nadal?

nadal_slam_king
It has nothing to do with that. Nadal tries to implement his same strategy at WTF year after year and it fails every time.

Nadal wins most of the time because they meet most of the time on slow courts, which favours Nadal's style. That's it.

Then why was Federer the betting favorite, the media favorite and the forum favorite at BOTH Australian Open meetings? Why are so many people convinced that Federer should beat Nadal at the Australian Open? I will answer: Because Federer is supposed to be better at hardcourt tennis than Nadal, no matter what the speed. It's really stretching the excuse to now say Nadal is benefiting from hardcourts more than Federer. It's a joke.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Then why was Federer the betting favorite, the media favorite and the forum favorite at BOTH Australian Open meetings? Why are so many people convinced that Federer should beat Nadal at the Australian Open? I will answer: Because Federer is supposed to be better at hardcourt tennis than Nadal, no matter what the speed. It's really stretching the excuse to no say Nadal is benefiting from hardcourts more than Federer. It's a joke.

You have no idea how betting odds work, do you?

The lines are set due to how the general public bets. It has nothing to do with who the odds makers or tennis experts think will win.

Nadal is benefiting more from slow hard courts like AO, IW, Miami. IF he wasn't, there wouldn't be such a discrepancy in his results between slow and fast hard courts.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Isn't this the main strategy Rolaids has been using over the past year to beat Nadal? Why is it ok for him to do it,but not Nadal?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YofEd4f_qEE/Tae8SDubk_I/AAAAAAAAAEI/9nLmStj7m4I/s1600/ReadingForDummies.jpg

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
You have no idea how betting odds work, do you?

The lines are set due to how the general public bets. It has nothing to do with who the odds makers or tennis experts think will win.

Nadal is benefiting more from slow hard courts like AO, IW, Miami. IF he wasn't, there wouldn't be such a discrepancy in his results between slow and fast hard courts.

Not just the betting odds. I said the betting favorite, the media favorite and the forum favorite. Federer was the outright favorite to beat Nadal at both AO meetings, from ALL perspectives. Don't ignore that. Nadal is definitely not suited to the AO more than Federer. Nadal had only made one AO final prior to 2012, and had lost at the QF stage 2 years in a row. No excuses for Federer, he had everything in his favor in both AO meetings with Nadal. So why did Federer lose both? Nadal had the superior strategy and Federer had no answers.

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 11:04 AM
This is so true. People tend to judge Nadal just based on his broken English. The fact of the matter is that anybody that has been able to talk with Nadal or listen to a radio interview with him in Spanish knows that the guy actually is pretty smart, and not just about tennis, but about life in general.

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:06 AM
This is so true. People tend to judge Nadal just based on his broken English. The fact of the matter is that anybody that has been able to talk with Nadal or listen to a radio interview with him in Spanish knows that the guy actually is pretty smart, and not just about tennis, but about life in general.

He's a deep thinker no doubt. And, being a guy who has to construct points to win, and not just boom the serve or hit a clean winner every time, he needs that thought.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Not just the betting odds. I said the betting favorite, the media favorite and the forum favorite. Federer was the outright favorite to beat Nadal at both AO meetings, from ALL perspectives. Don't ignore that. Nadal is definitely not suited to the AO more than Federer. Nadal had only made one AO final prior to 2012, and had lost at the QF stage 2 years in a row. No excuses for Federer, he had everything in his favor in both AO meetings with Nadal.

People bet with hearts, not their head. He wasn't the favourite amongst intelligent and unbiased people.

I don't understand your point anyway. The fact that Nadal beat Fed twice at AO doesn't prove that he's a better tactician. It proves that Fed has trouble implementing his own game against Nadal on slow surfaces, which was obvious before either of their AO meetings.

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
You have very poor reading comprehension. I never stated or even implied that isn't successful. I mentioned that, when Fed is playing well, it doesn't matter how well Nadal is implementing his own strategy. The match is on the attacker's racquet, as they say. Especially in this case.
This is actually not the case. A tennis match involves two people hitting a ball. Nadal is known to be one of the best defensive players in the history of the sport. Hence, even if Federer is playing well (and would in fact win the match when playing any other opponent,) if Nadal's defense is on, there is nothing Fed can do against it. It sounds crazy, until you have watched a few of the classic matches between the two. They say the best defense is a good offense, but sometimes it is the other way around. How many times has Nadal hit a winner from a seemingly indefensible position?

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Because Nadal doesn't rip his shirt and do the Donkey Kong victory dance.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
This is actually not the case. A tennis match involves two people hitting a ball. Nadal is known to be one of the best defensive players in the history of the sport. Hence, even if Federer is playing well (and would in fact win the match when playing any other opponent,) if Nadal's defense is on, there is nothing Fed can do against it. It sounds crazy, until you have watched a few of the classic matches between the two. They say the best defense is a good offense, but sometimes it is the other way around. How many times has Nadal hit a winner from a seemingly indefensible position?

Ok cool. And I disagree with you. There's no point arguing this further as we're getting nowhere.

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:10 AM
People bet with hearts, not their head. He wasn't the favourite amongst intelligent and unbiased people.

I don't understand your point anyway. The fact that Nadal beat Fed twice at AO doesn't prove that he's a better tactician. It proves that Fed has trouble implementing his own game against Nadal on slow surfaces, which was obvious before either of their AO meetings.

You are disregarding tennis journalists, commentators and former players who predominantly favored Federer on both occasions. Jim Courier was so sure in 2009 that he actually said the words "I give Rafa no chance of winning today". The thing is, the strategy Federer was supposed to use, he didn't use. Federer was supposed to step around Nadal's slow 2nd serves and go for broke. He chose not to, and lost. Brain fade.

Clarky21
06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YofEd4f_qEE/Tae8SDubk_I/AAAAAAAAAEI/9nLmStj7m4I/s1600/ReadingForDummies.jpg

Sorry,I read what you said correctly. You chided Nadal for attacking Fed's backhand as if it's cheating for him to do so because Fed struggles off that wing. It's no different than Rolaids attacking Nadal's backhand because it's his weaker wing as well,but that's just fine and dandy according to you. You,yet again,make no sense,and cannot see through your immense *******ism whatsoever.

SystemicAnomaly
06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
He will lose in the round after the final.

Clarky21
06-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Because Nadal doesn't rip his shirt and do the Donkey Kong victory dance.

Yeah,and if he dared do it,people wike WhiskeyEE would want him beheaded at dawn. The hypocrisy around here is staggering.

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Yeah, right. "Slow surfaces" has been upgraded incrementally throughout the years concerning Nadal and Fed. If Nadal ever wins a USO final against Fed, "slow surface" will be upgraded to anything slower than Cincy (unless he wins there too, and then it'll be upgraded to anything slower than the speed of light.)

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Sorry,I read what you said correctly. You chided Nadal for attacking Fed's backhand as if it's cheating for him to do so because Fed struggles off that wing. It's no different than Rolaids attacking Nadal's backhand because it's his weaker wing as well,but that's just fine and dandy according to you. You,yet again,make no sense,and cannot see through your immense *******ism whatsoever.

I don't have a problem with his strategy. I never said that.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, right. "Slow surfaces" has been upgraded incrementally throughout the years concerning Nadal and Fed. If Nadal ever wins a USO final against Fed, "slow surface" will be upgraded to anything slower than Cincy (unless he wins there too, and then it'll be upgraded to anything slower than the speed of light.)

Show me a post of mine where I ever called AO a fast surface. I don't care what other people have stated. I have always considered it slow.

Wolfman Jack
06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Show me a post of mine where I ever called AO a fast surface. I don't care what other people have stated. I have always considered it slow.
I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the majority opinion. Nobody thought Nadal would win anything but RG at first. Then, Wimbledon happened. Then, he would never win hardcourt slams at least. Then, AO happened. Then, everybody said: Well, he'll never win USO at least. Then... LOL

As Bogart once said: "We will always have Cincy."

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the majority opinion. Nobody thought Nadal would win anything but RG at first. Then, Wimbledon happened. Then, he would never win hardcourt slams at least. Then, AO happened. Then, everybody said: Well, he'll never win USO at least. Then... LOL

As Bogart once said: "We will always have Cincy."

Well I don't see the point in you using the majority opinion, who's opinion I don't hold, to say "yeah right" and call bull sh*t on one of my posts.

And he'll never win WTF. You can quote me on that.

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Well I don't see the point in you using the majority opinion, who's opinion I don't hold, to say "yeah right" and call bull sh*t on one of my posts.

And he'll never win WTF. You can quote me on that.

Good luck with that. Nadal was in the WTF final in 2010. He was one-set all with Federer in that final and you guys were no doubt nervous at that stage. Nadal won't be going away anytime soon, so you can bet he'll have another shot at it.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Good luck with that. Nadal was in the WTF final in 2010. He was one-set all with Federer in that final and you guys were no doubt nervous at that stage. Nadal won't be going away anytime soon, so you can bet he'll have another shot at it.

Just like Fed was 1 set all against Nadal at RG a few times.

DarthMaul
06-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Now I would like Fed to won not only to make 17 slams but to have you reduced to silence. Never saw such haters like you and "nadal slam king"

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:35 AM
I must admit it is great that Nadal still has an important title to aim for - the Indoor World Tour Finals. I almost miss the days when the US Open was still elusive. There is nothing better than seeing somebody achieve a title for the first time, and I look forward to that at the Indoor World Tour Finals. It will probably help if Spain aren't in the Davis Cup final, as last year the captain was saying how much he wished Ferrer and Nadal weren't in the World Tour Finals. And Nadal was very close to making the semis, with just the 3rd set vs Tsonga preventing him.

billnepill
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I must admit it is great that Nadal still has an important title to aim for - the Indoor World Tour Finals. I almost miss the days when the US Open was still elusive. There is nothing better than seeing somebody achieve a title for the first time, and I look forward to that at the Indoor World Tour Finals. It will probably help if Spain aren't in the Davis Cup final, as last year the captain was saying how much he wished Ferrer and Nadal weren't in the World Tour Finals. And Nadal was very close to making the semis, with just the 3rd set vs Tsonga preventing him.

What about winning more than 1 of each and defending a non clay tournament? That must hurt

billnepill
06-02-2012, 11:41 AM

Yeah no twist and turns. Federer has more slams than djokodal combined. Twist that lols

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:44 AM
What about winning more than 1 of each and defending a non clay tournament? That must hurt

Clay is obviously a lot more important to me than hardcourt, so winning 8 straight of a claycourt event (Monte Carlo) and winning another event 7 times (Barcelona) and clay slam 6+ times (Roland Garros) is more important than defending a hardcourt event (which I never thought of until you mentioned it, which means its meaningless and trivial to me). Hardcourt is a relatively new surface. Clay and Grass were the surfaces Laver won his Calendar Year Grand Slams on. So I've never really taken hardcourt seriously.

billnepill
06-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Clay is obviously a lot more important to me than hardcourt, so winning 8 straight of a claycourt event is more important than defending a hardcourt event (which I never thought of until you mentioned it, which means its meaningless and trivial to me). Hardcourt is a relatively new surface. Clay and Grass were the surfaces Laver won his Calendar Year Grand Slams on. So I've never really taken hardcourt seriously.

That surely explains why you wanted him to win USO and miss those times. Gotcha

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:46 AM
That surely explains why you wanted him to win USO and miss these times. Gotcha

Yes, put simply I didn't feel like it was a big deal when Nadal won the US Open. It felt a bit artificial like he was just ticking a box. Clearly the US Open isn't as valuable as Roland Garros and Wimbledon. But it was fun to chase the goal, because he had everything else (except for the Indoor World Tour Finals). Regarding the Indoor World Tour Finals, the fact they play that indoors feels a bit cheap, considering most of the season is outdoors and the top 8 are decided by predominantly outdoor events. The top 8 will be comprised of players who achieved most of their points outdoors yet will play the World Tour Finals indoors. Just a bit questionable.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Indoors or outdoors, it doesn't matter. Nadal wouldn't win it either way. It's the speed and bounce of the court that he has trouble with.

nadal_slam_king
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Indoors or outdoors, it doesn't matter. Nadal wouldn't win it either way. It's the speed and bounce of the court that he has trouble with.
The fact that Nadal beat Djokovic at the 2010 World Tour Finals, and took a set from Federer in the final contradicts your view. Nadal no doubt will target this event until he wins it.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 12:04 PM
The fact that Nadal beat Djokovic at the 2010 World Tour Finals, and took a set from Federer in the final contradicts your view. Nadal no doubt will target this event until he wins it.

No it doesn't. Fed has taken a set from Rafa almost every time he's played him at RG. And I don't see what beating Novak in 2010 proves.

Rafa missed his chance. He's done winning titles on fast courts. Not that he's won many up until now.

Clarky21
06-02-2012, 12:09 PM
No it doesn't. Fed has taken a set from Rafa almost every time he's played him at RG. And I don't see what beating Novak in 2010 proves.

Rafa missed his chance. He's done winning titles on fast courts. Not that he's won many up until now.

The WTF is anything but a fast court. It's slower than slow there.

iriraz
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM

If he wants to target the WTF for instance he needs to play a lot more indoors.
He is a guy who can adapt to different surfaces but skipping all the indoor tournaments like Valencia or Basel and then Bercy,it`s tough going to London with no matches in more then a month and expect to do well.
Also for him to win the event he needs a lot of things to go his way.He will never be the big favourite against any big hitter like Berdych or Tsonga,also even money vs Murray or Djokovic and underdog vs Federer.So he needs to win a lot of close matches.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
The WTF is anything but a fast court. It's slower than slow there.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4061/4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree with Andres' ranking here:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=6504467&postcount=6

It isn't Cinci fast, but it's one of the quicker courts on tour.

Clarky21
06-02-2012, 12:21 PM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4061/4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

I'm perfectly serious. I am not sure you are serious considering you think it's a fast court,when it's slow as h*ll.

WhiskeyEE
06-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm perfectly serious. I am not sure you are serious considering you think it's a fast court,when it's slow as h*ll.

Fast is a relative term. Compared to most other courts, it's fast. I draw the line between IW and Canada.

The Dark Knight
06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Is fed still gonna win?

Wolfman Jack
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Is fed still gonna win?
He has already won... our hearts by defeating Del Potro coming from two sets behind, and, most of all, for telling the annoying French crowds to STFU. God bless him for that fact alone. :)

The Dark Knight
06-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I should have closed the polling results today. Inevitably everyone will now pick fed to lose.

I just wanted to go on record saying that the majority of TW picked Fed to win.

jokinla
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I should have closed the polling results today. Inevitably everyone will now pick fed to lose.

I just wanted to go on record saying that the majority of TW picked Fed to win.

Why wouldn't they, he's the GOAT.

The Dark Knight
06-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Why wouldn't they, he's the GOAT.

Certainly an argument can made that he is the GOAT.....personally I think the jury is still deliberating on that issue.

He is definitely not the goat on clay...nadal is 12-2 against roger on clay....and FED was picked to win it by the majority of voters here at TW.