PDA

View Full Version : Where's Francesca Schiavone?

Posture Guy
05-28-2012, 07:25 AM
I can't find her in the French women's draw, is she injured? I can't find any news to that effect, either.

She's one of my favorite players to watch, I love her freewheeling all court game.

kishnabe
05-28-2012, 07:35 AM
She is playing either today or tommorow. She in the draw 14th seed.

Posture Guy
05-28-2012, 07:43 AM
thanks, I finally found her. Didn't see her in the schedule of matches, had to go digging through the draw. I hope she does well, would love to see her get deep into the tourney, enough to get some TV time.

norbac
05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
She just won a title last week, didn't she?

jamesblakefan#1
05-28-2012, 08:02 AM
She just won a title last week, didn't she?

Yeah, in Strasbourg.

jones101
05-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Its May, and Franny always remembers in May that she can play tennis, so wouldn't be suprised if she had another nice run. By June, she will have forgot again.

In June, look for Pironkova to remember she knows how to play.

Walenty
05-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I think she drew Kvitova's round of 16, Li's Quarter.

jaggy
05-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Id love to see her go far again in this, a pleasure to watch

sureshs
05-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Id love to see her go far again in this, a pleasure to watch

Not really, visually or audibly.

goderer
05-28-2012, 02:20 PM
In all honestly, she deserves to be in the men's draw.

rommil
05-28-2012, 03:04 PM
She can do without the girly ruffles on her Lotto shoulders and skirt:)

Posture Guy
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Perhaps those of you who'd prefer commenting on her physical appearance or her style of clothing would be better served on the message boards of Vogue, where discussing such frivolities is the norm, and leave the tennis discussion to the adults here.

Fate Archer
05-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Perhaps those of you who'd prefer commenting on her physical appearance or her style of clothing would be better served on the message boards of Vogue, where discussing such frivolities is the norm, and leave the tennis discussion to the adults here.

Well said.

Schiavone is one of the most interesting players around, she made the best and I think the longest women's match in recent years at the AO (2011 if I recall correctly), and is one of the few women who can play a nice clay court game as it should be played.

I hope either Francesca or Stosur can win the FO this year.

Posture Guy
05-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Well said.

Schiavone is one of the most interesting players around, she made the best and I think the longest women's match in recent years at the AO (2011 if I recall correctly), and is one of the few women who can play a nice clay court game as it should be played.

I hope either Francesca or Stosur can win the FO this year.

Thanks.

I'd never heard of her. I was away from the game for awhile and while I wasn't playing, I didn't follow the tours much at all. Basically just watched the men's finals of most of the majors, if that. So I started playing again last August after about an 8 year absence and was clicking through channels one Sunday afternoon while working out and the tennis channel had on the women's final of some event and was mesmerized. Who WAS this? I don't remember if she won or lost, but I remember being enchanted with her game. She was the opposite of the boring baseliners bashing away from the back ad nauseum. She tried to craft points, had strategy, would attack the net.

You play like that, male or female, and I'll root for you.

dpacheco
05-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Its May, and Franny always remembers in May that she can play tennis, so wouldn't be suprised if she had another nice run. By June, she will have forgot again.

In June, look for Pironkova to remember she knows how to play.

Lol, it's sad but you are so right.
Love watching Fran play, hope she plays well tomorrow.

sureshs
05-29-2012, 06:34 AM

I was talking about tennis when I talked about her "audible" appeal. Her shriek/grunt has been said to the most obnoxious and disturbing of anybody's, due to its two-tonal nature (hee-haa).

Slice&Smash
05-29-2012, 06:43 AM
I can't find her in the French women's draw, is she injured? I can't find any news to that effect, either.

She's one of my favorite players to watch, I love her freewheeling all court game.

Did you check the men's draw??

This year, players are classified according to their testosterone levels..