PDA

View Full Version : Rafa's quarter is pretty easy, no?

henryshli
05-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Only Tipsy from the top 10? Is it because he is no.2? Murray and Fed's quarters are tougher I think.

Clarky21
05-28-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't think so. Is Raonic in his quarter? He is going to give Nadal some serious trouble should they meet,imo.

Sentinel
05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
^ Clay GOAT Raonic!!!, but that's only if poor Rafa survives Bolleligoat.

Clarky21
05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
^ Clay GOAT Raonic!!!, but that's only if poor Rafa survives Bolleligoat.

You got it,Sentigif. :lol:

mellowyellow
05-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Use the search, this was covered in '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11...

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't think so. Is Raonic in his quarter? He is going to give Nadal some serious trouble should they meet,imo.

You'll be awfully wrong about that. Just look at their history. They've played 2 matches, 4 sets, Raonic has never broken Nadal, Raonic has never held serve for a set, and both meetings were on hardcourt. Raonic is Berdych-lite (Berdych the guy Nadal has now beaten 11 straight times). We'll bump this thread after Raonic/Nadal next meet.

BlueClayIsRealClay
05-28-2012, 10:33 AM
The chance of Raonic beating Nadal is not zero.

Murrayfan31
05-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I don't care what anyone says. Raonic is a serious threat to Nadal. As serious as Isner was last year.

nadal_slam_king
05-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't care what anyone says. Raonic is a serious threat to Nadal. As serious as Isner was last year.

Nadal played pretty awful at last year's RG by his standards. He later admitted that he was nervous throughout that clay season, and that is why he played so conservatively. Looks anything but nervous now.

reversef
05-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Personally, I fear Almagro a lot. If he's in the zone, he's extremely dangerous. In 2010, Rafa could have lost his QF against him. And he was playing very well. He won in 3 sets, but 2 of those sets could have gone both ways if I remember well.

Clarky21
05-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Personally, I fear Almagro a lot. If he's in the zone, he's extremely dangerous. In 2010, Rafa could have lost his QF against him. And he was playing very well. He won in 3 sets, but 2 of those sets could have gone both ways if I remember well.

This is true. And if anyone has an easy quarter it's Rolaids. Tsonga? On clay? Gtfo.

CMM
05-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Fed plays Ungur, then the winner of Mahut/Klizan, then one of Serra/Kubot/Clement/Goffin. :|
Meanwhile Rafa could meet Mayer/Karlovic and Raonic/Monaco.
Tipsarevic just beat Berdych two days ago, so not sure he's a weaker player.
I'd say Rafa has a tougher draw, except for the semis, but that makes sense since Fed is ranked number 3.

zagor
05-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Fed plays Ungur, then the winner of Mahut/Klizan, then one of Serra/Kubot/Clement/Goffin. :|

Agree, as it turned out, Fed has a cakewalk to QF.

True, they're tougher opponents compared to what Fed has to face in the same rounds.

LOL, no, Berdych is a far bigger threat to top guys in slams than Janko ever will be. But if you want to play that game(disregarding the fact that Janko's a tough match-up for Berdman, certainly not an overall better player) the last time they played a BO5 match on clay Berdman won in straights.

I'd say Rafa has a tougher draw, except for the semis, but that makes sense since Fed is ranked number 3.

Nadal has a tougher road to QF, Fed has a much tougher potential QF and SF which is definitely more significant (given how Fed and Nadal almost never lose before QF at earliest in slams).

BTW. Since Novak is ranked #1 following your logic it should make sense he should have an easier SF than Nadal and not be forced to have to go through Fedal (again).

CMM
05-28-2012, 11:35 AM
BTW. Since Novak is ranked #1 following your logic it should make sense he should have an easier SF than Nadal and not be forced to have to go through Fedal (again).

I was saying that Fed couldn't have avoided a difficult opponent in the semis. Both Rafa and Djokovic are tough options. Djokovic had a 50 % chance of drawing Murray. It didn't happen. :)

tennis_pro
05-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I was saying that Fed couldn't have avoided a difficult opponent in the semis. Both Rafa and Djokovic are tough options. Djokovic had a 50 % chance of drawing Murray. It didn't happen. :)

Not in the world I live in.

zagor
05-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Djokovic had a 50 % chance of drawing Murray...

LOL, I'd say he had 0% chance of drawing Murray but that's the way it goes, it's all about what's best for the business.

kishnabe
05-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Tipsy sucks on clay....so Rafa quarter is a joke even with a mini clay king Almagro!

mellowyellow
05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
LOL, I'd say he had 0% chance of drawing Murray but that's the way it goes, it's all about what's best for the business.

And it is about the business (Isner vs Mahut)!!!

cork_screw
05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Screw Raonic. The real Nadal threat is Almagro. Almagro has always pushed nadal very hard and I believe pushed him to two two-set tiebreakers at RG last year. And unlike Fed, his 1hbh is not a liability, it's more of a weapon. If not for John Isner's serves John Isner would not have come as close as he did to taking out Nadal in the first round. But Almagro and his overall game of groundstrokes has been the real darkhorse. And although I said that Nadal could easily lay waste to all his opponents, almagro to me is one that could give Nadal trouble. I hope nadal goes down so this year it's at least interesting and questionable to who will win. I'm so sick of that spanish boy taking it year after year.

kishnabe
05-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Screw Raonic. The real Nadal threat is Almagro. Almagro has always pushed nadal very hard and I believe pushed him to two two-set tiebreakers at RG last year. And unlike Fed, his 1hbh is not a liability, it's more of a weapon. If not for John Isner's serves John Isner would not have come as close as he did to taking out Nadal in the first round. But Almagro and his overall game of groundstrokes has been the real darkhorse. And although I said that Nadal could easily lay waste to all his opponents, almagro to me is one that could give Nadal trouble. I hope nadal goes down so this year it's at least interesting and questionable to who will win. I'm so sick of that spanish boy taking it year after year.

In the 2010 French Open Nadal toughest match was Almagro. Kudos to how he played....he could have won that match.

I would like to see a Final between Soderling Almagro. Would be a popcorn affair like the match they had in Bastad. Felt Bad when Soderling cried after that lsos.

If Nadal played anything like the beginning of Rome....which won't Happen in an RG QF.....Almagro has a decent chance. He might implode since he can't keep cruise control after winning the first set.

OddJack
05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Quarter? Haha

There is no single player in his whole half that you can call a challenge. Delpo Isner and Berdych are on the other half.

Even Reuters made it official:

KIND DRAW

http://af.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idAFJOE84O08L20120525

You are talking about quarters??

Defcon
05-29-2012, 12:47 AM
When does he not get a kind draw? Uncle Toni is powerful, no?

srinrajesh
05-29-2012, 04:39 AM

agree 100% with this .. Add the players with the most clay wins this year -Almagro / Tipsy in QTF, Ferrer / Murray SF

clarked
05-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Milos has been nipping at the heals of the top 3, beaten countless top 10's and could just have weapons to hit through the clay at RG. milos will upset Rafa in 4

Sentinel
05-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Milos has been nipping at the heals of the top 3, beaten countless top 10's and could just have weapons to hit through the clay at RG. milos will upset Rafa in 4
*rubs eyes*
clarked speaks like clarky but registered in 2010, well before clarky21. I thought this was another parody account, but seems not. Yet, this is his second post only.
*shakes head*

sbengte
05-29-2012, 06:30 AM

Milos won't even get to the fourth round to meet Ralph. Deal with it.

kishnabe
05-29-2012, 06:58 AM
*rubs eyes*
clarked speaks like clarky but registered in 2010, well before clarky21. I thought this was another parody account, but seems not. Yet, this is his second post only.
*shakes head*

clarky21....thought of this plan many years ago. Smart man!

cknobman
05-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Rafa's quarter is a big enough joke that I would have absolutely no problems with him not even playing until the quarterfinals.

Just pencil him in already.

Clarky21
05-29-2012, 08:02 AM
*rubs eyes*
*shakes head*

That person is not me. I have one account on here,and one account only. Find a new hobby,Sentigif. Web sleuthing is not your thing.

primetennis
05-29-2012, 08:30 AM
agree 100% with this .. Add the players with the most clay wins this year -Almagro / Tipsy in QTF, Ferrer / Murray SF

dude it became easy due to the upsets of lopez,nalbandian nd a-rod..a draw is analysed right after it is out..and not after how it turns out during the course of the week..

Clarky21
05-29-2012, 09:03 AM
dude it became easy due to the upsets of lopez,nalbandian nd a-rod..a draw is analysed right after it is out..and not after how it turns out during the course of the week..

Roddick? Come on,he never stood a chance against Fed on clay. Fed would have had to break both legs and arms for Roddick to beat him at RG.

Nalby and Lopez weren't gonna beat him either. Fed's draw is easy up until the quarters,and that depends on if Berdych even gets through to meet him.

primetennis
05-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Roddick? Come on,he never stood a chance against Fed on clay. Fed would have had to break both legs and arms for Roddick to beat him at RG.

Nalby and Lopez weren't gonna beat him either. Fed's draw is easy up until the quarters,and that depends on if Berdych even gets through to meet him.

i agree abt rod..bt lopez n nalby are well capable of taking fed to the distance..bt fed wud hv beaten them anyway..n berdych is a serious threat or even delpo on clay..all in all his draw is tougher than nadal's..who has he got there??other than a possible 4th rnd raonic match-up..tipsy on clay against nadal???nt even a contest there..if tipsy plays his best he cn take it to tiebreak in a set n nuthin more..

Stinkdyr
05-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Nada will win yet another FO, no?

yawn.

LuckyR
05-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Another Draw thread?? Most draws are lottery and in tennis in order to win the tourney you have to beat every one you play. And the totality of whom you play has beaten every other player, or the player who did. Draws only count for every one BUT the champion.

marc45
05-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't think so. Is Raonic in his quarter? He is going to give Nadal some serious trouble should they meet,imo.canadians are fearless unlike the spanish so he wins

marc45
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
You got it,Sentigif. :lol:bolelli will definitely win, i think he already has...sorry for the wrong forum

marc45
05-29-2012, 11:28 AM
This is true. And if anyone has an easy quarter it's Rolaids. Tsonga? On clay? Gtfo.

rolaids is an effective stomach medicine, but not as strong as denial...both of which can be gotten over the counter...jesus needs a doctor's prescription

marc45
05-29-2012, 11:30 AM
That person is not me. I have one account on here,and one account only. Find a new hobby,Sentigif. Web sleuthing is not your thing.

web sleuthing is an honorable profession, trolling is not, and mental illness is only a profession if you're treating it

clarked
05-29-2012, 12:09 PM
what did you say before Rafa lost to Soderling in the 4th round??
milos represents the only threat prior to the finals

clarked
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Milos won't even get to the fourth round to meet Ralph. Deal with it.

and who is going to beat him?? Jesse Levine??? Monaco???

Sentinel
06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
oh come on, Clarky. You are brighter that that. I never suggested you would log in by a similar name like that. I thought someone was parodying your account, but then saw that his join date was much before yours.

So i dropped the idea. Just a coincidence.

edit: I did need to some heavy web sleuthing to find this post. Luckily, the name sentigif exists nowhere else in google's indices so it was just a simple search.:D

Clarky21
06-04-2012, 08:26 AM
oh come on, Clarky. You are brighter that that. I never suggested you would log in by a similar name like that. I thought someone was parodying your account, but then saw that his join date was much before yours. So i dropped the idea. Just a coincidence.

edit: I did need to some heavy web sleuthing to find this post. Luckily, the name sentigif exists nowhere else in google's indices so it was just a simple search.:D

I see. I have been accused of having multiple accounts on here before,so I thought you were doing the same.

You don't like the name I made up for the "Master of Gif Posting"? I thought that was your specialty,and I feel jipped that you didn't post one for me in your last post. :lol: