PDA

View Full Version : Why No Threads About Federer Chasing 2nd Career Grand Slam

McEnroeisanartist
05-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Nadal has gotten a lot of publicity for chasing a record 7th French Open and Novak is getting attention for trying to win four majors consecutively. Why isn't Federer getting any news for trying to win all four majors at least twice -something that no man has ever done in the Open Era.

Nadal_Power
05-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Because this is real world

Murray_Fan
05-29-2012, 07:50 AM
I think Federer has a chance, I also think Milos Raonic could produce a massive upset and beat Nadal

The Bawss
05-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Because this is real world

I hate to admit it, but this.

Also, he has been chasing a second career grand slam every year since 2009.

cknobman
05-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I am a huge Federer fan and I can say that the reason no one is talking about this is because Federers chances of winning the French Open with both Djokovic and Nadal in the draw are about 1 in 1000 (maybe not even that good).

Now if Djokovic and Nadal exit early (via injury or upset) then we can start talking.

tennis_pro
05-29-2012, 08:41 AM
I am a huge Federer fan and I can say that the reason no one is talking about this is because Federers chances of winning the French Open with both Djokovic and Nadal in the draw are about 1 in 1000 (maybe not even that good).

Now if Djokovic and Nadal exit early (via injury or upset) then we can start talking.

If Djokovic and Nadal exit early then there's no need for discussions, Fed's the 2012 FO champion, heck just take Nadal out and he's 50/50 to win the French alongside Djokovic.

Cup8489
05-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Don't wanna jinx his chances.

Always hopeful, but not having any expectations.

Sentinel
05-29-2012, 08:48 AM
This is essentially a Nadal worship forum, we don't talk about other players much, except as footnotes to SlamKing's career.

Djoker
05-29-2012, 08:50 AM
If Djokovic and Nadal exit early then there's no need for discussions, Fed's the 2012 FO champion, heck just take Nadal out and he's 50/50 to win the French alongside Djokovic.

This.

Bronco Billy has to lose.
With him out the way Fed would have a huge opportunity to bag his 2nd title at RG.

Hood_Man
05-29-2012, 08:51 AM
This is essentially a Nadal worship forum, we don't talk about other players much, except as footnotes to SlamKing's career.

You gonna get pasted, outlander.

Not many people expect it to happen, Nadal's never been beaten in the RG final, and it's unlikely he'll lose before then. Djokovic could beat him, but probably won't.

Feather
05-29-2012, 08:52 AM
This is gonna be his tournament

Roger Federer French Open 2012 Champion

sureshs
05-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Nadal has gotten a lot of publicity for chasing a record 7th French Open and Novak is getting attention for trying to win four majors consecutively. Why isn't Federer getting any news for trying to win all four majors at least twice -something that no man has ever done in the Open Era.

Because we all know who is going to win RG

goderer
05-29-2012, 09:13 AM
I hate to admit it, but this.

Also, he has been chasing a second career grand slam every year since 2009.

That's two years...

Be quiet kiddo :)

FlashFlare11
05-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I think the real question should be: "Why isn't anyone talking about Federer winning a slam match?" The experts here predicted he couldn't even win a best of five match anymore, so the fact that he did win his first round match already exceeded expectations for a lot and sent them in for a serious reality check.

In all reality, Federer is the third favorite and is being treated (not here, obviously, but in places that have more sensible tennis analysts and mathematicians). If Nadal loses before the final, then Federer's chances greatly increase.